Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7214 7215 [7216] 7217 7218 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9504517 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #108225 on: October 10, 2016, 10:24:14 pm »

My apologies, I confused you and TBF from a Life Advice thread. Think of it this way, now you also have a possible forumite timeclone!
Speaking of: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=160354.0
Might be a bit more help to you than me.  Although the measure of how helpful any advice will be is at least somewhat predicated on implementing it, so I urge you to, you know, do something.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108226 on: October 10, 2016, 11:23:46 pm »

*hugs*

Deadlines suck.

If there's anything I can do, let me know.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #108227 on: October 10, 2016, 11:27:09 pm »

My apologies, I confused you and TBF from a Life Advice thread.
So I'm not losing my mind? Thank god. You joke, but I've known myself to pace back and forth, wondering "What the fuck was I doing before I started pacing?"
Think of it this way, now you also have a possible forumite timeclone!
TheBiggerFish and I seem to share a lot of overlap, but at least in terms of our online persona, TBF seems to be friendly and understanding, while I'm sarcastic and... sarcastic. I'm only kind and understanding to close friends and romantic partners, and that list is short enough you can count it on one hand (although strangely I can behave when I don't know someone well, its only when I become comfortable in a situation that my sarcasm shows; I'm very comfortable on bay12 as you guys may know). TBF is very friendly and outgoing here, and seems to be there for everyone. I, on the other hand, am more likely to be the little person on your other shoulder. There's a reason I spend a lot of time in the politics thread: it's what i know and do best.

Maybe he's the alternate reality version. But then which is the original reality? hmm.
My apologies, I confused you and TBF from a Life Advice thread. Think of it this way, now you also have a possible forumite timeclone!
Speaking of: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=160354.0
Might be a bit more help to you than me.  Although the measure of how helpful any advice will be is at least somewhat predicated on implementing it, so I urge you to, you know, do something.
You seem like you have a harder time talking out loud then I do. I don't have the problem of being friendly (well, its not easy but I can do it), my problem is I'm actually terrible at keeping friends. I get in a group and then... I lose contact and I'm back to square one. I need a group not to actually meet people (although that helps), but because I need an excuse to keep talking to the same person.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108228 on: October 10, 2016, 11:32:57 pm »

Huh, really?  I guess I haven't delved into Life Advice hardly.
I frankly see you as one of the lone champions of Law, in the DND sense.  Which is discounting most of your personality, sure, but...
I'm just eager for there to be someone else who appreciates law, and structure, and the safety... and *strength* they represent!
Everyone has to be a rebel, these days, even the old hippies I study under.

Whereas TBF is a guy who will unconditionally give me a hug when I'm scared to confide in my friends...

So that's two sad things today.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108229 on: October 10, 2016, 11:42:21 pm »

You're probably right about talking being harder for me.

I don't think I said a single word all of Saturday.  Or even went outside my dorm all of Saturday.

Which is hitting me harder than it should be right now, I think.

I dunno.  Sometimes I just feel lonely and sad, I guess.  That happens.  It passes.  It will pass, I think.  I hope, I guess.

...dammit, lonely song on the radio, too...

And then an ad comes on because of course.

I should really sleep.  *sigh*

argh not another one

straight at the feels
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 12:19:11 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108230 on: October 11, 2016, 06:47:38 am »

I feel like smashing up every bit of glass in the room, scraping it all into a neat pile and slamming my face into it
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108231 on: October 11, 2016, 08:04:43 am »

@Yoink:Er.

Please don't.

*hugs*
Sigtext

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #108232 on: October 11, 2016, 08:08:04 am »

I feel like smashing up every bit of glass in the room, scraping it all into a neat pile and slamming my face into it
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm having trouble since the flooding this weekend. Like, mental/emotional trouble. Can't focus, can't get shit done.

Which is bullshit, because we're all fine, our stuff is fine, nobody I know died or lost their house. But I'm still rattled. I guess maybe because I know if we had had one more hour of rain, or the rain had been just a little harder, that wouldn't be true. And there's nothing I can do to prevent that. We don't have flood insurance, because we rent. And there isn't any renter's insurance that covers flooding. I guess it just brought home how this feels like living on the edge of a cliff, hoping not to fall off. Which kinda sums up my life in general when it comes to my job, my finances, etc.

Goddammit, you're supposed to have achieved some sense of security by 40.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #108233 on: October 11, 2016, 08:16:14 am »

Goddammit, you're supposed to have achieved some sense of security by 40.
Oh good, so I shouldnt feel bad at 24 then??
phew
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #108234 on: October 11, 2016, 08:22:59 am »

Not these days, no. Security is mostly a thing that happened to people three or four generations ago, by and large.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108235 on: October 11, 2016, 08:31:44 am »

*hugs RedKing*

It was a major storm.  Being rattled is okay.
Sigtext

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #108236 on: October 11, 2016, 08:41:13 am »

Not these days, no. Security is mostly a thing that happened to people three or four generations ago, by and large.

Not security from storms, no.
Love, scriver~

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108237 on: October 11, 2016, 10:58:48 am »

I frankly see you as one of the lone champions of Law, in the DND sense.  Which is discounting most of your personality, sure, but...
That's about the highest praise I've received all day.

Not security from storms, no.
No one is safe from the sea now. Except me. I'm very high above sea level. In fact, god forbid a category five hits NYC I live in one of the zones people evacuate to, not from.

I mean it'd still inconvenience me greatly (can you imagine the damage to the subways? terrible), but I personally will be fine for now.
You're probably right about talking being harder for me.
straight at the feels
See? I'm just naturally talented at making people feel bad. I once tried to reassure a friend of mine in highschool who got a bad grade on a test and left her crying instead. I don't know. It sounds good in my head, but I say it and all of a sudden someone's day is ruined. In fact the only times I've made people feel better was when I wasn't intending to do that at all, or when they are significantly younger then I am. I'm actually sometimes less hurtful when sarcastic then when I'm genuinely trying to help.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108238 on: October 11, 2016, 12:48:21 pm »

Misko:You didn't cause that.  Stupid radio/lack of sleep/almost no human contact combo.
Sigtext

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108239 on: October 11, 2016, 07:10:34 pm »

Misko:You didn't cause that.  Stupid radio/lack of sleep/almost no human contact combo.
I dunno, I managed to make one of my roommates cry today too. Really, it just comes naturally to me. I don't even know why or how. I can do it on purpose, and I can try and suppress it, but oftentimes I just manage to bother people without even realizing, and often while trying to comfort them. Something about the way I talk and act just really hits people who are already emotionally vulnerable. It's not a fun trait to have. In fact, it's very depressing, knowing that the only way to comfort people I know that are in pain is to interact with them as little as possible. And even then I forget because I want to help...

I mean there is a reason I'm a politics guy: anyone who is involved with that already knows to have thick skin.
Pages: 1 ... 7214 7215 [7216] 7217 7218 ... 8168