Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7212 7213 [7214] 7215 7216 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9505354 times)

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #108195 on: October 08, 2016, 12:47:04 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108196 on: October 08, 2016, 01:11:28 am »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108197 on: October 08, 2016, 01:25:49 am »

GameDragon:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #108198 on: October 08, 2016, 01:37:43 am »

GameDragon:
Just people. And they aren't my only options I'm just too edgy to think of anything else.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #108199 on: October 08, 2016, 02:35:08 am »

things with my crush are slow, which sorta frustrates me but there isn't really anything i can do :c

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #108200 on: October 08, 2016, 08:39:46 pm »

I hate everything. Hate everything I do, everything other people do, everything I don't do or can't do, everything. Nothing makes me happy, nothing fills this emptiness in my life, and I have no goals to aim for, no idea what to do with myself, no idea where to go, or why I should even bother.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108201 on: October 09, 2016, 01:22:50 pm »

things with my crush are slow, which sorta frustrates me but there isn't really anything i can do :c
You could be me instead. Protip: Don't be me.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #108202 on: October 09, 2016, 03:12:24 pm »

I hate everything. Hate everything I do, everything other people do, everything I don't do or can't do, everything. Nothing makes me happy, nothing fills this emptiness in my life, and I have no goals to aim for, no idea what to do with myself, no idea where to go, or why I should even bother.
psup

Lemme tell you why: Because this life is the one chance you get in this world. Because the depression will pass, and you will know joy in your life again. I am pretty much exactly as clueless as you, and i've found that if i don't at least try to do something, i'll sink into a hole, and FAST. If you don't know where to go, pick a direction at random. Perhaps you'll find that that direction sucks, but hey, now you know. I don't consider my years spent at uni without finishing a degree to be wasted; after all, i've still learned things, met new people, and i've learned that these aren't the right paths for me. If nothing else, you can at least end up on the right path through elimination and/or trial and error.

GameDragon:
Just people. And they aren't my only options I'm just too edgy to think of anything else.
BEHEHEH, I THINK YOU ARE WORTHFUL

Well, the opposite of worthless. Valuable? I mean, you're young and full of potential, and you have, in spite of what seems like a pretty severe depression, the presence of mind to recognize that the problem isn't yourself. The big problem with spite suicide is that on top of you, y'know, DYING, you won't be around to see their faces. A much better way to spite and embarrass them is to prove them wrong. You get to survive, and you get to drink their tears. Delicious, salty tears.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #108203 on: October 10, 2016, 05:18:32 am »

Accidentally took Adderall alongside bedtime meds, tried to induce vomiting to avoid sleepless night. Wound up indeed vomiting and almost passing out choking on it, but no pills were ejected. School in the morning and I don't think sleep is coming.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108204 on: October 10, 2016, 05:28:26 am »

W.t.f. hugo. Are you ok? Isn't that dangerous.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #108205 on: October 10, 2016, 06:17:07 am »

Today comes the [seemingly concrete?] realization (over multiple times over the years) that some people within family are not as capable as they think they are in aiding with themes stemming or originating in personal concerns. :-\ A lot of lacking understanding the other person and more 'don't care and it's their responsibility' because despite the same-ness of the mindset I thought was merely 'ehh, maybe it's just how they think right now', there's a lot more than just not caring. There's a lack of depth at first response. Seriously wish that the teachings I've lived with would be known to more people in the future because of how beneficial they were despite people saying the same thing with how they say it making a marked difference.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108206 on: October 10, 2016, 06:45:35 am »

psup

Lemme tell you why: Because this life is the one chance you get in this world. Because the depression will pass, and you will know joy in your life again. I am pretty much exactly as clueless as you, and i've found that if i don't at least try to do something, i'll sink into a hole, and FAST. If you don't know where to go, pick a direction at random. Perhaps you'll find that that direction sucks, but hey, now you know. I don't consider my years spent at uni without finishing a degree to be wasted; after all, i've still learned things, met new people, and i've learned that these aren't the right paths for me. If nothing else, you can at least end up on the right path through elimination and/or trial and error.

It's like with quicksand, or when standing on the bed of a swamp. When your feet are mired in the mud and water, your weight will drag you down if you stand still, and you'll get even more stuck. You have to keep moving until you get out of it, even if you're just taking small steps, or don't know where to go yet. If you're only able to strain against the mud trapping your feet, do that for as long as it takes until your feet come free. You can get moving again, and find your way back to solid ground soon enough.

Life's a precious chance to be, to know, and to do. Even when it's bad. Keep at it, and cultivate an ability to follow your heart / internal compass, and it'll point you toward where you'll find happiness in life.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #108207 on: October 10, 2016, 08:32:49 am »

Campus is closed tomorrow as well, following protesters at the University of the Witwatersrand setting a bus on fire. I don't think this academic year will finish.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #108208 on: October 10, 2016, 08:51:19 am »

« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 02:44:36 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #108209 on: October 10, 2016, 09:14:02 am »

I'm getting hit with a generous serving of imposter syndrome.

And the fact that chances are good I spent five years in cutting edge STEM only to be merrily unemployed in this shithole anyway even if the above is wrong.

Yay.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 7212 7213 [7214] 7215 7216 ... 8168