Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7206 7207 [7208] 7209 7210 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9508270 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #108105 on: October 03, 2016, 06:00:01 pm »

I still remember the shock of hearing one of my brother's friends, whose parents I knew very well, had hanged himself. It's shocking at the time, but death is unfortunately a part of life.

You'll feel safer and more stable soon.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108106 on: October 03, 2016, 06:19:52 pm »

*hugs Avis-Mergulus*

Death sucks.

I'm sorry for your loss.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108107 on: October 03, 2016, 09:14:26 pm »

A girl from my uni expedition group died yesterday. She got hit by a car. I feel weird.

-snip-

Hey, funerals are for helping folks grieve, and remembering someone together. Even if you weren't close, that's no reason you shouldn't go. Especially if you want to.

Either way, I hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108108 on: October 03, 2016, 09:31:46 pm »

A girl from my uni expedition group died yesterday. She got hit by a car. I feel weird.

-snip-

Hey, funerals are for helping folks grieve, and remembering someone together. Even if you weren't close, that's no reason you shouldn't go. Especially if you want to.

Either way, I hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself.
Yeah.  If you feel like you should go, then go.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #108109 on: October 04, 2016, 02:03:52 am »

I just realized again how many funerals I've been to. On one of them I was a pallbearer, but mostly they were just people I knew to one extent or another. For most of them, it wasn't a big extent, but still. Kind of a sad thought.

I've also been to about thirty weddings, of course, so maybe it balances out. :V
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108110 on: October 04, 2016, 02:35:55 am »

Finally got new phone. Took two hours for data to back up from old phone for transfer.

Sim card too small. Can't use new phone. Stores are closed.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108111 on: October 04, 2016, 04:59:59 am »

Ugh I'm visiting my mother and all of a sudden she starts watching some disgusting talent show garbage on television.
I thought she'd gotten over this stupid bullshit. Visited several times lately, no signs of any talent shows, now all of a sudden she does this. Stupid old hag. Pretty sure she does this purely to make me angry. Well, it worked.

Time to break this habit of visiting her frequently since I live nearby.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108112 on: October 04, 2016, 05:28:36 am »

Aw c'mon it's your mother. Be a bit more flexible with her tv habits. I don't like my mom's taste on tv shows but that's what she likes. She probably don't like much what I watch but she's doesn't tell me anything either. In any case when we are visiting we don't watch much tv but talk. However I don't visit her so frequently so we always have something to talk about.

Avis-Mergulus that really sucks. Hang in there and by all means go to the funeral if you feel like going. It migth help you with the grief.

Kot I didn't realised you were that young. Always thought you were an old guy approaching it's 30's or 40's. Don't stress that much over making friends. While growing up I moved a lot and lost friends every time. Eventually I stopped making new ones. But by this time I only a few years from university. And that's a wonderful place to meet people, as long you are open to. Work is another place you'll meet plenty of people (but be aware of knowing sometimes it should be strictly, only professional relationships).
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108113 on: October 04, 2016, 09:03:11 am »

There are times in one's life in which you just kind of want to punch someone in the head repeately in the hopes they stop being so goddamn stupid and self absorbed.

This is one of those times.

I won't go into details since this pertains to a specific "client" of mine, but goddamn, this guy might be begging for a darwin award.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108114 on: October 04, 2016, 09:53:19 am »

Yoink, she's your mother, cut her some slack.

There are times in one's life in which you just kind of want to punch someone in the head repeately in the hopes they stop being so goddamn stupid and self absorbed.

This is one of those times.

I won't go into details since this pertains to a specific "client" of mine, but goddamn, this guy might be begging for a darwin award.
*hugpats*

Good luck.
Sigtext

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108115 on: October 04, 2016, 10:54:39 am »

Got 70 pages in to a new novel then seem to have lost all interest in it. Wtf brain?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #108116 on: October 04, 2016, 10:57:23 am »

Some novels just suck. Dump it.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108117 on: October 04, 2016, 11:03:57 am »

*shrug*

Put it down, come back later.
Sigtext

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108118 on: October 04, 2016, 11:06:27 am »

Some novels just suck. Dump it.

<_< but then I have to find something else to write about.

*shrug*

Put it down, come back later.

Yeah, thinking of shelving it at least until I figure out some more things about it. I just can't figure out anyone's motivations.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108119 on: October 04, 2016, 11:07:43 am »

You need a novel to write about?
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 7206 7207 [7208] 7209 7210 ... 8168