Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7204 7205 [7206] 7207 7208 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9508111 times)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #108075 on: October 02, 2016, 08:25:48 pm »

Just think: What would GLaDOS do? :P
I am not sure that flooding your home with deadly neurotoxin is an option in this case, and if it is, I wouldn't really recommend it.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #108076 on: October 02, 2016, 10:27:53 pm »

-
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 12:40:54 am by Emma »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108077 on: October 02, 2016, 10:43:52 pm »

Just think: What would GLaDOS do? :P
As much as I hate to say this, deadly neurotoxin may not be the answer due to its traceability.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #108078 on: October 02, 2016, 11:55:23 pm »

Are you going through hormone treatment?

That's a pretty normal side effect of that.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #108079 on: October 02, 2016, 11:59:08 pm »

Err, with situations like these, persistence (ie Consecutive time of these events occurring) is one thing to put in mind before worrying about it merely happening as there are many factors which affect...that situation in the morning :O
Talk it over with the folks you are talking to over there. (PM!)

And no, you're not a broken record. Do not hate yourself.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #108080 on: October 03, 2016, 12:05:42 am »

Are you going through hormone treatment?

That's a pretty normal side effect of that.
AFAIK, GD hasn't started it, don't even know if they're planning on it.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108081 on: October 03, 2016, 01:30:21 am »

Looks like I've done that thing again, where I waste an entire day watching SNL skits.
Now all I want to do is... watch more SNL skits, but my eyes are sore and my vision is failing from the amount of time I've spent staring at this screen over the past couple of days, as well as the fact that I barely slept last night. I should really take a nap but that's proving to be difficult as well.

Don't really have much else to do apart from stare at a computer or read books.
Or eat noodles, I guess... maybe I'll go do that to give my eyes a break.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #108082 on: October 03, 2016, 03:10:18 am »

I fucking hate my body.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108083 on: October 03, 2016, 08:20:24 am »

*hugs Cinder*

What do you want to change?

@Gamedragon:*hugs*

You're not a broken record.  And yeah, I second Tiruin's advice.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #108084 on: October 03, 2016, 08:25:18 am »

I like realized that the my main problem is not that so much sad happens to me.
It's just the complete lack of actually happy things. I mean, right, I can laugh from time to time and feel better but never genuinely happy.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108085 on: October 03, 2016, 08:28:47 am »

*hugs Kot*

Join a club you're interested in.  Find some friends to hang out with.  Make some, if you don't have any.

I can't necessarily help you with any of that, but it's probably a start.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #108086 on: October 03, 2016, 10:04:01 am »

*hugs Cinder*

I want to get rid of whatever makes people think I look average?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108087 on: October 03, 2016, 10:55:21 am »

@Gamedragon plenty of things could cause that. Don't worry about it. I happen to have that lack of morning erections when in sufficient stress, like the trouble I had with my wife a few weeks ago. Since you are sleep it might not be the conscious part of your mind that is causing it. I don't know.

Again, have you consider going to psychological therapy or counseling or something? I would advice you to do so. A little guidance can help a lot. Perhaps you could make a more informed decision on how to proceed with these feelings you are having.

I personally know one person that went trough the sex change and after it became ultra happy and found true happiness, even married with a straight guy and all. But I also heard of people doing it and then somewhat regretting it or seeing it doesn't necessarily fill the void they had. In either case that's once choice you have.

These feelings could be related to hormonal unbalance too, I guess, or might have another cause. I guess you are gay but really don't know, since it might not necessarily be the case. This is why I advice you strongly that while you can still vent your frustration here, please seek some guidance, professional preferably.

@Cinder, no matter how you look, don't hate your body, your body is you. Or you are your body... I'm pretty sure you are a handsome dude and no one is utterly generic or average. There's bound to be something that distinguish you from everyone else. Perhaps not in the eye of everyone else but let me assure you that whenever someone put an eye on you, that person will find almost everything in you different and unique. Remember the beauty is in the eye of the beholder and we tend to be unnecessarily too rough on ourselves.

Now if there's something about your body you specifically dislike, you can always do exercise, follow diets (as long they are healthy and approved by a nutritionist) to gain/lose mass. And while surgery should always be the last resort on anything, it is a valid option too.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 11:04:18 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #108088 on: October 03, 2016, 12:01:30 pm »

*hugs Cinder*

I want to get rid of whatever makes people think I look average?
At this point it isn't or at least it doesn't point towards your body alone--it's the meaning you're working with. Like the whole deal with 'average' or what you learned way back in the past that built up towards this :O So if it's something you can work with--go for improving. :D
Although we don't know the context there; it'd possibly help you a lot if you got someone to talk this with over there.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108089 on: October 03, 2016, 12:13:40 pm »

@Cinder, sometimes I get stressed about my looks too, or about my body and health in general. Being kinda he-she looking isn't what I'd consider a bad thing, but sometimes it bugs me when I get misgendered, among other things.

Our bodies are an inseparable part of who we are. Still, though they're what allow us to exist and live and all that crap, our bodies don't define who we are, or what we can do. We're not just bodies, but also the people inhabiting them. There's more to the self than what's on the outside, etc. etc.

@Gamedragon, when you're looking at Gender and Biological Sex, there's lots of ways to be. A Person can be born genetically Intersex and choose to pass as a Man. People can modify their bodies hormonally or surgically to fit another Sex. People can be Male and have male parts, and still be a Woman socially and in their Gender Role. People can be Female, and forgo Gender in favor of just being themself. You don't have to adhere to a binary/stereotypical Gender if it doesn't fit who you are, or who you want to be.

Sex is about reproduction and physical body types. Genders are arbitrary social tecnologies invented by early Human cultures for good reasons at the time, but reasons that are entirely unnecessary in the modern era.

All I can say is to take some time to look inward, and honestly figure out who you are and how you want to live. Ask yourself which of your traits you like to be complimented for, and what feels good emotionally. Don't rush it, but don't shy away from exploring either. You'll figure it out.
Pages: 1 ... 7204 7205 [7206] 7207 7208 ... 8168