Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7198 7199 [7200] 7201 7202 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9489158 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #107985 on: September 30, 2016, 07:53:18 am »

@hector13:Pretty likely :v

Move away from them and sulk, probably.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #107986 on: September 30, 2016, 08:25:07 am »

@GD: you sure? Who are these "people" who hate you so?
Just some people I hang around. They consistently irritate me with some actually pretty cruel comments and "jokes" about lgbt people and if I open my mouth they treat it as though it's the apocalypse because I'm apparently incapable of not being the most annoying person on the planet. I should probably stop flooding get this thread with my own problems, should I?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #107987 on: September 30, 2016, 08:29:17 am »

Your problems are not more annoying and certainly not less valid than anyone else's.  Flood away, especially if it helps ease whatever sadness you're feeling. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #107988 on: September 30, 2016, 08:31:53 am »

You shouldn't stop, no. It just sounded like catastrophic thinking, so i wanted to make sure you weren't doing what TBF is doing. Sounds like they're not very pleasant people...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107989 on: September 30, 2016, 08:33:54 am »

@GD: you sure? Who are these "people" who hate you so?
Just some people I hang around. They consistently irritate me with some actually pretty cruel comments and "jokes" about lgbt people and if I open my mouth they treat it as though it's the apocalypse because I'm apparently incapable of not being the most annoying person on the planet. I should probably stop flooding get this thread with my own problems, should I?
What you should probably stop is hanging around with them.  They're kinda being asshats, from what you said.

Also, this thread is for everyone, however much they need it.  You can always post here, no matter how much you've posted here before.
Your problems are not more annoying and certainly not less valid than anyone else's.  Flood away, especially if it helps ease whatever sadness you're feeling. 
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #107990 on: September 30, 2016, 09:02:12 am »

I'd...like to inquire one thing--do you approach others out of your own initiative?
I generally don't approach other people under the assumption that if they want to talk to me they'd approach me, and if they don't approach they don't want to talk, and in that case my approaching them is unwanted and annoying. That's how I'd react to strangers coming out of nowhere and trying to talk with me.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107991 on: September 30, 2016, 09:08:38 am »

I'd...like to inquire one thing--do you approach others out of your own initiative?
I generally don't approach other people under the assumption that if they want to talk to me they'd approach me, and if they don't approach they don't want to talk, and in that case my approaching them is unwanted and annoying. That's how I'd react to strangers coming out of nowhere and trying to talk with me.
...Aaaaaaand that too.
Sigtext

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107992 on: September 30, 2016, 09:43:02 am »

Two of my close coworkers got let go Tuesday before the deal even finalized.  So long, remote chance that we were going to get through this unscathed.
I haven't drank since then, but I've hardly slept either.  Monday's the big day, almost scared that they'll keep us on but reshuffle us or something.  I don't know.  I have a pretty decent post-layoff plan ready, except that we just... don't... know.

Just woke up, but went to sleep three hours ago.  Need to keep working, I guess, this is the last "normal" day.

Oh and of course my family members are all eager to visit or be visited, which, I *really* appreciate the support (I've seen them a lot recently and it was surprisingly helpful), but I'm an introvert and already so exhausted

And I feel bad for being so self-pitying and being a big baby about a normal life change but w/e venting is venting
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107993 on: September 30, 2016, 09:53:14 am »

*hugs Rolan*

This isn't a 'normal life change' so much as a 'potentially drastic life change'.  It's okay to be worried about it.  All the same, just, calm down, take deep breaths, maybe drink some tea or something relaxing.  Nonalcoholic.  Stressing about it won't change anything.
Sigtext

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107994 on: September 30, 2016, 10:06:08 am »

I do have an old stash of non-caf herbal teas from my mom... good idea!  Thanks!
Working helps but I should probably try to nap after midday shift.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107995 on: September 30, 2016, 10:07:47 am »

NP.  And yeah, catch up on that sleep you just missed.
Sigtext

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107996 on: September 30, 2016, 10:18:36 am »

Same here, I also had a similar moment the other day and reading this makes me uh, so to say, realize that.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107997 on: September 30, 2016, 11:32:55 am »

Some asshole stole my tablet. I barely had the damn thing for two weeks. Just my fucking luck. It wasn't that expensive or anything, but I kinda liked it, and I don't really have the money to replace it right now, so that's gonna be a problem for me.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107998 on: September 30, 2016, 02:19:00 pm »

Some asshole stole my tablet. I barely had the damn thing for two weeks. Just my fucking luck. It wasn't that expensive or anything, but I kinda liked it, and I don't really have the money to replace it right now, so that's gonna be a problem for me.
*hugs*

Does it have some sort of tracker?
Sigtext

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107999 on: September 30, 2016, 02:54:03 pm »

*hugs*

Does it have some sort of tracker?
Well, it has the Google tracking thingy, but the tablet itself appears to be off (figures). I locked it remotely and changed all my account passwords, so I should be safe in that regard. Gonna go pay the cops a visit tomorrow, they have IMEI tracking shenanigans. Likely they won't do anything, but I feel like it.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”
Pages: 1 ... 7198 7199 [7200] 7201 7202 ... 8167