Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7185 7186 [7187] 7188 7189 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9481116 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #107790 on: September 20, 2016, 04:37:44 am »

[Counter-Revolution Intensifies]
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #107791 on: September 20, 2016, 04:39:09 am »

I can say with confidence that there's no popular support for the current round of rebels because my counter-protest comments get taken seriously.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #107792 on: September 20, 2016, 04:39:47 am »

Solution: Call in the army. Mow them all down with tanks.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107793 on: September 20, 2016, 04:47:17 am »

Zika virus has me in bed. It gave me something that I understand is kind of a temporary acute arthritis whic can last up to two weeks with recurring episodes for up to three years.
On the brigth side my wife told me not to worry about she leaving me. That she's wont lose a marriage and ten years of her life because of a stupid mistake, however has made very clear she's hurt a lot and it will take time to be truly happy by my side.

However at least she let me hugh her and even kis her like once per day. She's simply truly awesome and although I don't deserve her, I will work the rest of my life to be worth of her.

Oh and the mild fever and intermitent headaches are pretrt annoying.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #107794 on: September 20, 2016, 05:37:34 am »

Lectures have been suspended today and tomorrow. At this point, I honestly think anyone caught doing anything more disruptive than marching and singing should be charged with as much as they can make stick. The 'protesters' have been humoured for far too long, now they're just doing whatever they think they can get away with.
When the revolution comes you'll be the first against a wall, along with polka players and mimes.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #107795 on: September 20, 2016, 06:23:39 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107796 on: September 20, 2016, 07:24:07 am »

*hugs LordBaal*
It's going to be all right.

*hugs Gamedragon*
People are asshats occasionally.  Ignore them.

@Arx:*hugs*
Stay safe.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 08:21:54 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107797 on: September 20, 2016, 08:35:14 am »

Wife stuff

Ten years?
And the not-harmless flirting was sometime before the question got popped?

... I shall never understand the minds of people.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #107798 on: September 20, 2016, 08:43:28 am »

Wife stuff

Ten years?
And the not-harmless flirting was sometime before the question got popped?

... I shall never understand the minds of people.

It was, however, during a time in which their relationship was strained and kept secret for a long time. I do believe her response is more to do with that - and the potential it has happened more than once, or could happen again should the relationship be strained - rather than what happened.

It comes down to trust, trust being an integral part of any long-term relationship...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107799 on: September 20, 2016, 09:21:45 am »

long-term relationship...
Oh, crap, right. That.
I swear one day I'll break the one-year milestone.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #107800 on: September 20, 2016, 09:28:59 am »

I did mean any relationship that you have with any other person, rather than specifically romantic ones :P

Chances are if you don't trust someone, you won't see that someone very often.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #107801 on: September 20, 2016, 11:41:15 am »

Fuck, I'd give a lot for just an one single person I could trust that would also share time with me once in a while.
Eh.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #107802 on: September 20, 2016, 12:10:02 pm »

People don't magically become trustworthy and husbando/waifu material. You have to put work into it. But you also can theoretically romantically love anyone, it just doesn't happen because a) that would be awkward and b) it's a pain in the ass

The spark that people get before falling in love with someone is just a mostly arbitrary bullshit decision, but it makes you see the beauty in them which is also in everyone, but again, you just don't give enough of a shit to find out.

I'm not saying that relationships are dumb, I'm just saying that even though it's sweet, it's kind of stupid to assume that you have to date the most objectively good person, or that the person you're dating is objectively the best.

Mostly because being objectively the best isn't an actual thing... Sure, I think my boyfriends are amazing, but a random person tilling the field in Lithuania won't give two shits about them.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 12:12:19 pm by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #107803 on: September 20, 2016, 01:39:05 pm »

But you also can theoretically romantically love anyone, it just doesn't happen because a) that would be awkward and b) it's a pain in the ass
It happens.
It is awkward and pain in the ass.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107804 on: September 20, 2016, 01:40:44 pm »

*hugs Kot, just on general principle*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 7185 7186 [7187] 7188 7189 ... 8167