Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7184 7185 [7186] 7187 7188 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9478813 times)

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #107776 on: September 19, 2016, 02:30:08 pm »

I soooo hate seeing happy couples in public lately I just want them all to leave. Or punch them.
I know its stupid and I'm just jealous of everything but I always feel like everyone is taunting me

I have to tell my doctor my prescription isn't helping anymore I swear I've been taking it every day but it feels like I havent
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #107777 on: September 19, 2016, 02:54:06 pm »

Similar. My case is more of red, hot skin that sheds all the time and is so dry that it breaks all the time and other assorted stuff. It's not really that bad, except it was on like 90% of my body. Psoriasis is rarely dangerous and you can happily live with it but when you have 40+ degree celcius skin temperature on most of your body it's less fucking annoying and disgusting and more outright deadly.
Also, apparently it was all due to the stress (the timeline checks out and there was no other reason for it to pop up now) caused by that thing with that one girl that I was talking about here that started almost an year ago. Reminds me, there's going to be an anniversary soon.
Welp.

Thankfully, I got better after spending whole summer holidays in hospital. On the immunosuppressants I don't have anything left, practically, just sometimes parts of my skin get a bit itchy but holy shit dude I almost forgot how it is to have regular, smooth skin. Seriously, be happy with that shit because it's something people take for granted while it could be really much, much worse.
On the other hand the immunosuppressants will proably get me cancer in few years (implying I won't die from some heart (or liver or kidneys or... you catch the drift) diease before) but win some lose some, eh.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #107778 on: September 19, 2016, 03:36:01 pm »

... Well, holy crud, i officially don't know what to say. Hugs and sympathy offered if you want, otherwise i'll be sitting here and hoping that it won't end like that for you. :/

also apparently it was just my allergy flipping out because i feel a lot better after gobbling a Pill of Anti-Allergy
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107779 on: September 19, 2016, 03:47:36 pm »

argh I got distracted from this and now bad things happened

*hugs Caroline*
If you want to talk, anything I can help with at all...Feel free to PM me, or something.

@SalmonGod:That...is just terrible.
*hugs*

*hugs Yoink*
That just really doesn't sound good.  Hope whatever it is gets better.

@Eric Blank: If you want to vent, anything at all, if I can help you with anything, PM me.

@Kot:*hugs*
I wish I had advice, or help, or something.  As it is, all I have to offer is sympathy.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 05:26:42 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107780 on: September 19, 2016, 04:14:35 pm »

Kot: I can't help, but I sympathize.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #107781 on: September 19, 2016, 05:21:22 pm »

Playing Dragon Age Origins. It has a good, hooking story, interesting characters, and good graphics. And I like blasting stuff with blood magic.

Only... I can't help but compare it to the Witcher 3. Which is better on all accounts. Seriously I'm 238 hours into the game and the GoG estimate tells me I've only passed through half the content (completed the main quest, have Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine pending).

Sooo... I can't quite enjoy DA:O as much as I should because it pales in comparison. Should have played DA:O first, probably.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #107782 on: September 19, 2016, 05:29:45 pm »

Only... I can't help but compare it to the Witcher 3. Which is better on all accounts. Seriously I'm 238 hours into the game and the GoG estimate tells me I've only passed through half the content (completed the main quest, have Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine pending).
I remember that the first time I played Witcher 3 I was like 20 or so hours in and I still haven't left the White Orchard.
Witcher is The Game.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107783 on: September 19, 2016, 07:12:58 pm »

Don't do love kids, it's worse than drugs.
What about MDMA? Is that like, the worst of both worlds? ???
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107784 on: September 19, 2016, 07:17:51 pm »

I like Dragon Age Origins. Only... I can't help but compare it to the Witcher 3. Should have played DA:O first, probably.
DA: Inquisition is pretty good (Although sadly it ties heavily into the absolute flop which was the second game.)
Also doesn't compare to the Witcher, but comes closer because it's newer.

I guess DA: O would be comparable to Witcher II?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107785 on: September 19, 2016, 07:42:21 pm »

Playing Dragon Age Origins. It has a good, hooking story, interesting characters, and good graphics. And I like blasting stuff with blood magic.

Sooo... I can't quite enjoy DA:O as much as I should because it pales in comparison. Should have played DA:O first, probably.
Well, one game was released back in 2009 and subject to system limitations of that time, and the other was released...last year? Dunno.
One's a real-time-with-pause tactics RPG, the other is an action RPG.
One was an original setting, the other has ludicrous amounts of background material to work with.

Point is, they're two very different games and it shouldn't be surprising that many will prefer one or the other.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #107786 on: September 19, 2016, 07:51:06 pm »

ludicrous amounts of background material to work with.
I wouldn't say that Witcher has a lot of background material. Sure, there is some from books, some stuff (barely any) from the old RPG but in general all of it is take from... Polish folk culture and books and stuff. It's filled with references that only someone who knows Poland will truly understand.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107787 on: September 19, 2016, 08:13:26 pm »

ludicrous amounts of background material to work with.
I wouldn't say that Witcher has a lot of background material. Sure, there is some from books, some stuff (barely any) from the old RPG but in general all of it is take from... Polish folk culture and books and stuff. It's filled with references that only someone who knows Poland will truly understand.
Books, folk culture...and two previous Witcher games which are (presumably) canon.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #107788 on: September 20, 2016, 03:03:34 am »

So long as there are no Winged Hussars, it's not truly Polish.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #107789 on: September 20, 2016, 04:32:10 am »

Lectures have been suspended today and tomorrow. At this point, I honestly think anyone caught doing anything more disruptive than marching and singing should be charged with as much as they can make stick. The 'protesters' have been humoured for far too long, now they're just doing whatever they think they can get away with.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 7184 7185 [7186] 7187 7188 ... 8167