Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7180 7181 [7182] 7183 7184 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9476749 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #107715 on: September 16, 2016, 01:33:11 pm »

YOU MUST MEASURE YOUR CURRENT DEGREE OF ALLOWED BOOTY APROXIMATION

First step: check if cuddles are a possible thing :U
the answer is no, because we're not actually in a relationship. it's not that simple :<

the entire situation with my crush is just as complex as it was a couple of weeks ago except we had lunch together and basically everybody saw us so now it's more complex. i'm freaking out and i think i can do some things but i dont know if i should or if theyre ok and im too chicken to do them anyway and nobody wants to listen. also i have no frame of reference for anything related to this at all

Look on the bright side: if you do something, no matter what that is, you'll have a frame of reference for future situations! It's a journey of discovery in any case, and high school is the best time to be shit at things of a social nature as much as possible so that you have less trouble later. Helps you compartmentalize later in life. You'll look back on yourself one day and feel relief at having gotten so much better at this, even if it took a lot of suffering to get there.
i guess :<

ive already gotten a lot better at things but then this first thing is suddenly like really really complex and idk :(

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #107716 on: September 16, 2016, 03:21:51 pm »

In all seriousness, just (easier said than done, etc.) pick a moment when she doesn't look busy and say, "Hi! I'm X! I hear you like Y!" Waiting for the right moment will waste everyone's time. It'll also probably never happen.
Why didn't I listen to OW? There's another player in this game, so to speak D:

I mean, I still intend to befriend her, but... :c
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107717 on: September 16, 2016, 03:22:54 pm »

Riga

After MetalSlime made this post:
Riga.
And BiggerFish said this:
Isn't that a star?

I sent them a link to this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1796_Riga

And I sent BiggerFish a link to Riga.

MetalSlime responded by sending this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riga

Which led to this:
Today, I have sent TheBiggerFish and MetalSlimeHunt some links to answer a question about Riga, and MetalSlimeHunt started a "find links to riga" game.
Only MetalSlime was trying to make a point by sending links.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107718 on: September 16, 2016, 06:46:41 pm »

I made that check. The Balkans are apparently Southern Europe, basically the land East of Italy 'til the next body of water.

Would've said Eastern Europe instead but nu', too big.
Nope, definitely Eastern Europe. Used to be Communist, you see. And also the folks living there are Slavs, that's sort of a criterion too.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #107719 on: September 16, 2016, 06:54:30 pm »

I made that check. The Balkans are apparently Southern Europe, basically the land East of Italy 'til the next body of water.

Would've said Eastern Europe instead but nu', too big.
Nope, definitely Eastern Europe. Used to be Communist, you see. And also the folks living there are Slavs, that's sort of a criterion too.
Ah, but! Different Communist. And having Slavs and being post-communist would make Poland count as EE - word of advice, don't go around telling this to Poles.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #107720 on: September 16, 2016, 06:59:17 pm »

What I love is how insistent Moroccans are that their country is a part of Southern Europe, and never Africa.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107721 on: September 16, 2016, 06:59:41 pm »

I went in to pick up a book from the bookstore today that should have been in for a while.

It wasn't there.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #107722 on: September 16, 2016, 07:03:56 pm »

I started feeling like I hadn't had a real conversation with my friend in forever and he was probably mad at me and what if he never really liked me and we were just acquaintances from work and blah blah blah

I checked the timestamps on our messages and we've had three long conversations in the past week. One was just last night. The earliest one got pretty heavy, and I could have sworn that was a month ago, not a week ago.

I really will dream up any reason to feel sad and rejected, won't I?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #107723 on: September 16, 2016, 07:07:55 pm »

Such is the human condition.  Suffering in paradise. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #107725 on: September 17, 2016, 01:12:30 am »

What I love is how insistent Moroccans are that their country is a part of Southern Europe, and never Africa.
They... aren't?  First time I've heard this.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107726 on: September 17, 2016, 01:28:31 am »

And that's why I set de-jure drift to 20 years
*in CK2
*No idea what's happening
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #107727 on: September 17, 2016, 11:09:58 am »

Ah, but! Different Communist. And having Slavs and being post-communist would make Poland count as EE - word of advice, don't go around telling this to Poles.
*distant shouting* IT'S CENTRAL YOU COCK
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #107728 on: September 17, 2016, 02:37:06 pm »

I got a rather nasty second-degree burn on my right hand while cooking ramen noodles--my dad was cooking sausages in a steaming frying pan and accidentally turned the handle of my ramen pot directly into the path of the steam. Around two square inches of skin was sloughed off and I think I'm bleeding under my bandages.

Ow.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107729 on: September 17, 2016, 02:44:23 pm »

Dude, you might wanna go see a doctor for that ._.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 7180 7181 [7182] 7183 7184 ... 8167