Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7178 7179 [7180] 7181 7182 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9476379 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #107685 on: September 16, 2016, 04:15:00 am »

Protesters wandering around campus trying to shut it down. Setting off fire alarms, intimidating people, and so on.

A small part of me thinks they should all be shot. It's not a reasonable part of me, but this crap deeply, deeply pisses me off. They're not actually protesters, they're vandals. Hooligans. Thugs.

What dumb reason this time? That the campus isn't perfect?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #107686 on: September 16, 2016, 04:36:51 am »

No. As far as I can tell, they want the suspensions of some of the students in their movement (Fees Must Fall) revoked. Those students are, as far as I know, suspended because they are awaiting trial at the High Court on suspicion of arson. Somebody firebombed the chancellor's office, a truck, and a bus.

It's extremely irritating in part because there are valid issues that people want to draw attention to, but it's difficult to be taken seriously because of the, well, criminals that use 'protest' as an excuse to get away with this kind of shit.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #107687 on: September 16, 2016, 04:40:03 am »

Clearly, Arx is just a police agitator trying to obstruct the cause of justice.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #107688 on: September 16, 2016, 04:51:22 am »

Clearly, Arx is just a police agitator trying to obstruct the cause of justice.

It's pretty obvious that I just want the cadres of the future revolution in gaol.

Just checked, by the way:

The university has an interdict in place against three students, two of whom are in the current SDT and one who was in the previous SDT. The interdict was applied for and granted by a judge on the grounds that this was necessary to protect the campus community and property. This is subject to an appeal to be heard in the Supreme Court of Appeal on 29 September 2016.

Given that thousands of people have engaged in protests, even disruptive ones, over the last 18 months, it is evident that the SDT and interdicts, which involve five students, are not a tactic to undermine protest.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107689 on: September 16, 2016, 05:25:52 am »

Okay, so... rebuilding trust.. is hard, even harder when you don't know were to start. Already looked around for couples terapy and emailed the father who married us (with my wife's approval). He is the only person that knows about this in real life. He is a good fella and I hope he can at least point a way for us to follow, I figure he must have seen this kind of problems before.
I also looked for salsa lessons for us to do something different, or course not rigth now but to start maybe next month. She can dance, I'm the one that dance like Been Stiller in Along Came Polly.

Also I'm making plans for the anniversary, shw always had wanted to go to a spa. That cost around a month of my salary but money be danm,  that lady is worth the last drop of my sweat and blood, she deserves it.

Don't know what else to do. Write her love letters by hand?

Ia huge ammount of anxiety wairing for the reply of the father and see how to fix this in the long term.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #107690 on: September 16, 2016, 05:39:51 am »

This is kind of unhelpful, but... just be good to her. She'll probably be more jealous than usual for... quite some time. Accept it. She might not actually want to be massively fussed over. Don't take that as a sign that she hates you, she just might be feeling smothered.

I've never personally been in a relationship, but I have seen multiple stable relationships that have made it through some pretty rough patches. I'm also more detached from the situation. Obviously, though, I don't know you or your wife. Do what seems good.

Lectures officially cancelled. Dammit, idiots.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107691 on: September 16, 2016, 06:08:15 am »

So you defeat your obesity with exercising and diet change,
but mr Brain and mrs Self-esteem still make you feel obese sometimes.
Also in dreams I am always 83, which sometimes causes OH SHIT NOT AGAIN REACTION( running to check the weight)
Why the fuck brain does not want to accept, that I am 65 kg now :/ I am in that state for like 3 months already.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107692 on: September 16, 2016, 06:47:45 am »

Okay, so... rebuilding trust.. is hard, even harder when you don't know were to start. [...]

Ia huge ammount of anxiety wairing for the reply of the father and see how to fix this in the long term.

You said earlier that your relationship had a few bad months. What was the cause?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #107693 on: September 16, 2016, 06:50:39 am »

No. As far as I can tell, they want the suspensions of some of the students in their movement (Fees Must Fall) revoked. Those students are, as far as I know, suspended because they are awaiting trial at the High Court on suspicion of arson. Somebody firebombed the chancellor's office, a truck, and a bus.

It's extremely irritating in part because there are valid issues that people want to draw attention to, but it's difficult to be taken seriously because of the, well, criminals that use 'protest' as an excuse to get away with this kind of shit.
So let me get this straight, they are comitting criminal vandalism to protest their leaders being accused of comitting criminal vandalism?

Wow guys, way to show how innocent and victimized you really are here!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107694 on: September 16, 2016, 06:56:16 am »

So both parties are in the wrong? Misbehavior by the prosecution doesn't excuse the defense; they both need to be fairly tried for their actions.

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107695 on: September 16, 2016, 07:04:50 am »

@Arx:Stay safe.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107696 on: September 16, 2016, 07:15:21 am »

Am I considered the village idiot here?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #107697 on: September 16, 2016, 07:16:07 am »

Riga
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107698 on: September 16, 2016, 07:37:51 am »

Okay, so... rebuilding trust.. is hard, even harder when you don't know were to start. [...]

You said earlier that your relationship had a few bad months. What was the cause?
The place we live. We shared it with my sister which was kind of a insufferable dick back then. She left me alone and went back to her parents for some months.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107699 on: September 16, 2016, 07:52:12 am »

Am I considered the village idiot here?
I'm afraid that post is capably filled already, and there is a long waiting list of future candidates. :P
More seriously*, why would you think that?   

Sad: Whyyy oh why did I decide to uproot my life and move interstate? I should have just tidied my room or something instead, that would have been an actually beneficial change. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Stupid. Idiot. Ugh. Every day I see/think of more reasons that it was a phenomenally stupid idea.

*Or more helpfully, to be precise.  
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 7178 7179 [7180] 7181 7182 ... 8167