Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7173 7174 [7175] 7176 7177 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9474094 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #107610 on: September 13, 2016, 01:48:25 pm »

With how complicated things are, the only real solution to everything currently would be clearing out the medicine cabinet. Everything is piling up in front of me and I can't find the energy to get to work, and since emotional exhaustion or something probably isn't an actual thing to excuse it I should probably punish myself somehow for being so lazy as to let things be this way despite things being unfixable anyways. Bad things don't just randomly happen without reason so my life is probably my fault anyway, so I had might as well keep on being useless and sit by and watch things get worse

Advice from someone who regularly finds theirself in those shoes too:

Sometimes, even just the act of living can feel insurmountable. All the stuff we haven't done, the missed opportunities, and the regrets about the past can get so tangled, it feels hard to unravel. There's times when new burdens keep heaping up on us, even after we've set the load of them down to rest for a moment, until the growing pile can seem impossible to even try to pick up and carry anymore. At times like that, sometimes we have to pick and choose what burdens we can bear- that is to say, what problems or challenges we can tackle today- and hoist them up and keep moving forward. Take all the things that can wait, and leave them for a later time once you have more energy. Focus on the things you can do today, and the things that can't wait; things like eating, sleeping, making sure you're well taken care of, and generally making sure you're safe and healthy from day to day. Anything else beyond that that you can manage is great, but consider it like Extra Credit.

Even if it feels that way sometimes, there's no Karmic Imbalance in your situation, which punishing or hurting yourself will fix. Bringing more suffering on yourself won't fix whatever's eating you. It won't accomplish whatever you're having trouble motivating yourself to do either. Even if you feel like the worst piece of human garbage, you're not (even if just by virtue of being capable of such an act of self-awareness). You still deserve as much happiness, wellness, and other good things, the same as you'd afford to anyone else.

Whether or not you could have done things differently in the past, and found yourself in a different situation now, save that consideration for a later time. Whatever happened, you and I and everyone else are in the present right now, and all we can do are make choices today that will affect where you'll be tomorrow, and so on into the future. We did precisely what we could do in the past, and can only do whatever we can in the present, and that is always precisely enough.

Give yourself permission to rest as you need to, but please keep putting one foot in front of the other. Even if that's just little steps right now. It gets better.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107611 on: September 13, 2016, 03:03:17 pm »

I honestly should have thanked you... I was just in a very bad mood earlier today...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107612 on: September 13, 2016, 03:19:42 pm »

*hugs BHK*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107613 on: September 14, 2016, 02:03:14 am »

Climate change. We have already passed the point of no return. Nobody bothered to make an interplanetary colony. People still think social change can be achieved by forcing people to stay here on earth.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107614 on: September 14, 2016, 05:27:45 am »

Cat is out of the bag. Last night I told her after she told me some one bothered her in facebook. As words didn't came out from my mouth I reached for the letter I already printed.
Despite she was relatively calm and got a bit violent only for a few seconds and let me sleep in our bed with her, I think she's thinking of divorce and she sure hates me now. We are only a month and a half from our first anniversary. I feel utterly depressed. I don't know how I will survive without her.
I think I saw the love in her eyes die before me. I feel like dying myself.
Please don't quote this.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 06:52:44 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #107615 on: September 14, 2016, 05:30:25 am »

Hang in there.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107616 on: September 14, 2016, 05:35:30 am »

Chances are it's less bad than you think.

Try seeing if she wants to talk to you.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #107617 on: September 14, 2016, 05:44:21 am »

Sincerest sympathies, here.  Hope neither of you suffer too badly, and too needlessly. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107618 on: September 14, 2016, 06:52:17 am »

I truly hope is not as bad as I think. I'm willing to do anything she asks. She's the love of my life and it was a stupid mistake from before I asked to marry me. On top of that it was never physical at all, it was just sexting and only a few times. I know that doesn't justify it but it's the truth. She doesn't believe it was only that and thinks it was physical. She's still sleeping. Awoke a few minutes ago and glared me and turned around angry.
Please don't quote this.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107619 on: September 14, 2016, 06:58:09 am »

That...

:(
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107620 on: September 14, 2016, 07:05:17 am »

Seriously sucks. I whish there was a way she didn't have to suffer because of being married with the stupid idiot I am. I feel below garbage and while coming clean felt good and it was a relief from the weight in my shoulders I still feel like shit and now if feel a huge crushing pressure in my heart. I'm depressed, thats what it is. For the very first time since I meet her I'm depressed again.
She told me last night to not tell anyone so I haven't but here behind anonymity.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 07:06:48 am by LordBaal »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #107621 on: September 14, 2016, 07:09:04 am »

Well... you did bad shit, and she's only just been told about it. She needs time to process it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107622 on: September 14, 2016, 07:13:56 am »

Look at it this way: Whatever happens now, you did the right thing. Whatever happens, you'll be able to walk with your back straight, to look at yourself in the mirror in the morning. You didn't do what was easy but dishonest, you did was was hard but right. For that alone you can be proud of yourself.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107623 on: September 14, 2016, 07:32:24 am »

Look at it this way: Whatever happens now, you did the right thing. Whatever happens, you'll be able to walk with your back straight, to look at yourself in the mirror in the morning. You didn't do what was easy but dishonest, you did was was hard but right. For that alone you can be proud of yourself.
Aye.

And you're not a stupid idiot.
Sigtext

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107624 on: September 14, 2016, 07:32:34 am »

Ye, if anything, keeping it a secret for much longer when it was affecting you so much would just cause more, less noticeable problems in the long run which could be deadly to your relationship. While there's a lot more instant emotional impact with your approach, it may actualy make your relationship even stronger if it survives this. If anything you can be sure that the worst is already in the past, and now is the time to work hard and let her know that you truly love her and that you truly regret it from the bottom of your heart. Hang in there and don't give up just yet.

Don't let you two drift apart from one another, but don't be forceful either, since the choice is hers, but make sure you have actualy communicated all your feelings to her first.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 07:35:13 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 7173 7174 [7175] 7176 7177 ... 8167