Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7172 7173 [7174] 7175 7176 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9473711 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #107595 on: September 13, 2016, 02:02:47 am »

Don't 'pologize.
You can't carry a torch for a banned member forever.

I mean, I can remember I legitimately made a thread asking for IWM's ban to be repealed, and he was this incredibly right-wing Muslim kid who'd throw gigantic flaming rants around about homosexuality and whatnot.
Like, literally a toxic human. Yet I missed them saying something funny once, so I wanted them back, oppressing and abusing innocent people. Can be difficult to see through a friendship and find the douche within.

At the end of the day, people like hector really aren't too sensitive for disliking me throwing down a casual homosexual reference in order to show my appreciation for another.. not hateful, but perhaps insensitive.. forum member.
So we gotta control that kind of stuff.

I for one firmly believe that using offensive words in a non-offensive fashion is the best way of undermining the negative and evil power those words can wield, so I'll be the first to say that OW really was a truly tremendous f****t, and I hope that n****r finds some other online people to help him blow off his sad-thread steam.
But then again, if using those words causes pain to other people, then a person who uses them is using that edge to cut, no matter how well-intentioned they may be.

But I think re: normal swearing, that shit's pretty kosher. Otherwise I'd have been out on my ear long before now.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #107596 on: September 13, 2016, 02:36:39 am »

why do throat lozenges taste like arse mixed with plague
I can tell with certainty that ass taste better than throat lozenges.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #107597 on: September 13, 2016, 03:10:21 am »

Re: bans, toady is providing a free service by putting up this forum with no ads, presumably paying for the host and domain out of the donation money he gets from DF. The least I can do is not make his job harder by doing things I know are against the rules and make him have to put on his moderator hat.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #107598 on: September 13, 2016, 03:46:04 am »

The sensitivity wasn't so much from the word being bad (though it kinda is) it was more "you probably shouldn't be saying that since OW got banned for saying that" :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #107599 on: September 13, 2016, 04:09:21 am »

Not quite today, but I have heard, that a small girl was run over by a motorcycle yesterday morning.
It was somewhere nearby where I live, and apparently, the guy just drove off as if nothing happened.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #107600 on: September 13, 2016, 04:25:35 am »

Not quite today, but I have heard, that a small girl was run over by a motorcycle yesterday morning.
It was somewhere nearby where I live, and apparently, the guy just drove off as if nothing happened.

Damn  :(

Meanwhile, completely unrelated sad, in the Philippines bodies of drug dealers have been found stuffed in boxes thanks to "sanctioned" extra judicial killings.  Real nice guy, Duterte.  People wanted him to clean up the streets, and the fact that there are probably a lot of really pleased Filipinos right now makes me sad. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107601 on: September 13, 2016, 11:20:52 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107602 on: September 13, 2016, 12:21:12 pm »

Pretty sure you matter to someone in real life pal. And even if you don't you still are worthy.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #107603 on: September 13, 2016, 12:27:53 pm »

You're something as a person. You do matter, and there is a point to going on living- even if it's just to enjoy things that maybe don't matter in the long term.

My parents are fighting, which is always fun. Particularly since I have very strong family ties (fun fact: The strength of my family ties is pretty much the only reason I'm not diagnosed with schizoid personality disorder).

Even better, it perceptibly pushes me back to depression. That might actually be the worst part. It triggers a serious "Oh God, please no, please no" response. I think I might actually rather die than go through that again.

Bleh. I'm feeling a little better than I was half an hour ago at least. So there's that!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107604 on: September 13, 2016, 01:01:37 pm »

@BHK: *hugs*

You matter.

@Arx: :o
*hugs*

That sucks :u

Parents fighting, that really sucks.

I...Good grief...

*hugs*

Hope you feel better, I guess...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107605 on: September 13, 2016, 01:06:30 pm »

With how complicated things are, the only real solution to everything currently would be clearing out the medicine cabinet. Everything is piling up in front of me and I can't find the energy to get to work, and since emotional exhaustion or something probably isn't an actual thing to excuse it I should probably punish myself somehow for being so lazy as to let things be this way despite things being unfixable anyways. Bad things don't just randomly happen without reason so my life is probably my fault anyway, so I had might as well keep on being useless and sit by and watch things get worse

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107606 on: September 13, 2016, 01:16:36 pm »

....Depression isn't an excuse, but it is a reason.  And you sound depressed, dude.  Seriously.

And Random Bad Stuff happens.  I hate to invoke an uncaring cosmos, but bad things do happen for no good reason and it's not your fault they did.

Can I help you at all?  Can I help you find help?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107607 on: September 13, 2016, 01:22:15 pm »

Wait what do you mean by clearing out the medicine cabinet? Taking all the drugs is not the proper solution here, this time. Do not punish yourself, and never do, it never helps. Also plenty of bad things randomly happen, ever hear of genetics? My parents had a quarter chance of giving me a bad syndrome when I was born, and they did. They can't blame each other, and I can't blame myself.

Just try and see what you can do to help yourself, because punishing yourself will only make it worse.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107608 on: September 13, 2016, 01:33:07 pm »

....Depression isn't an excuse, but it is a reason.  And you sound depressed, dude.  Seriously.
The sky's blue, water is wet.
And Random Bad Stuff happens.  I hate to invoke an uncaring cosmos, but bad things do happen for no good reason and it's not your fault they did.

No, no, theres always one thing I could have done differently, one thing that I could have changed, one variable I should have accounted for, anything that happen is from my lack of diligence or attention, there's always something I could have done there's always something always
You can try, but it's up to luck if anything changes.
Wait what do you mean by clearing out the medicine cabinet? Taking all the drugs is not the proper solution here, this time. Do not punish yourself, and never do, it never helps. Also plenty of bad things randomly happen, ever hear of genetics? My parents had a quarter chance of giving me a bad syndrome when I was born, and they did. They can't blame each other, and I can't blame myself.

Just try and see what you can do to help yourself, because punishing yourself will only make it worse.
1. Too many people care about me for whatever dumb reason, the implication isn't an option...
2. Every situation or trial I force myself through makes me more capable in some way...
3. Even a second difference in the past could have changed something...
4. Odds are that I'm beyond helping.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107609 on: September 13, 2016, 01:35:25 pm »

BHK:You are not at fault for everything, and I mean it.  Humans aren't perfect.

*hugs*

And no-one is ever beyond help, BHK.  Never.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 7172 7173 [7174] 7175 7176 ... 8167