Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7171 7172 [7173] 7174 7175 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9473653 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #107580 on: September 12, 2016, 09:00:54 pm »

Its also can mean a bundle of sticks or cigarettes in British vernacular.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #107581 on: September 12, 2016, 09:03:28 pm »

Well that's not the full f word, it's "fag" for a cigarette, which is also the name for a younger pupil acting as a personal servant to an older one in a boarding school/public school in England.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #107582 on: September 12, 2016, 09:05:27 pm »

There were also some candy stick things sold (at least here in Australia) with the same name. They were shaped like cigarettes and came in a cigarette-like box. They generated controversy because they were basically candy cigarettes for kids.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #107583 on: September 12, 2016, 09:06:08 pm »

Oh sorry, was thinking of the other f-word, which is why I was so dang surprised about it. :P Yeah that one I can see banning for usages as a gay slur.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107584 on: September 12, 2016, 09:07:35 pm »

I don't think they were ever marketed like that in Scotland, but that didn't stop me pretending they were when I got them.

They did come in a bid that looked like a cigarette packet and were packaged in a similar manner to cigarettes though...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107585 on: September 12, 2016, 09:09:33 pm »

Oh sorry, was thinking of the other f-word, which is why I was so dang surprised about it. :P Yeah that one I can see banning for usages as a gay slur.
I'm fucking gay and I fucking can't, but it's a fucking result of being one fucking person trying to fucking moderate a fuckhuge forum all by one's fucking self while developing the most ambitious project any fuck did ever attempt.

Not mad, just poetic license :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107586 on: September 12, 2016, 09:10:22 pm »

Someone'll report that out of spite :P

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107587 on: September 12, 2016, 09:11:21 pm »

Pretty sure I've never been warned.

Some-effin-how.  Really boggles my mind, honestly.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107588 on: September 12, 2016, 09:14:57 pm »

I was going to list the things I think I should've been warned for but haven't.

I thought better of that...

Point being, I am also surprised at my lack of warnings.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107589 on: September 12, 2016, 09:43:57 pm »

I don't think I've done anything particularly warning-worthy...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107590 on: September 12, 2016, 10:21:30 pm »

I've typed some fairly salty posts[Most notably while arguing with Smee, but the pace of the debatesflamewars and how slowly I type large posts meant that I'd literally be 50-60 posts behind when I was satisfied with my rebuttal. By then it would no longer be relevant and I'd just give up. Or realize that I was being an ass and that I shouldn't post that.

^The bottom one is why I don't post in the sad thread very often. Nihilistic reassurances aren't very good at cheering people up most of the time, however well they work for me personally.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107591 on: September 13, 2016, 12:13:39 am »

I was reminded of the stories of how poor folks that somehow come into a lot of money, and then they just go insane because having that much money is such an alien thing to their psyches that they just can't mentally handle it, and they tend to wind up broke again in short order, lives ruined, and sometimes dead.

I thought that that'd be something I'd never be susceptible to, but then it dawned on me: if you switch out money for social interaction, I'm exactly the same way. For a lot of times in my life when I got myself, finally, into the thick of it, into social interactions more intense than polite small talk, my brain shattered and all my decision making ability and rationality went out the window, until I either completely clam up for fear of ruining a good thing (and thus letting it die) or alienating the other person somehow; and then I was back to the way I was before, except now more socially anxious and distrusting of myself and others than ever before.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #107592 on: September 13, 2016, 12:14:55 am »

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #107593 on: September 13, 2016, 12:30:44 am »

I was reminded of the stories of how poor folks that somehow come into a lot of money, and then they just go insane because having that much money is such an alien thing to their psyches that they just can't mentally handle it, and they tend to wind up broke again in short order, lives ruined, and sometimes dead.

I thought that that'd be something I'd never be susceptible to, but then it dawned on me: if you switch out money for social interaction, I'm exactly the same way. For a lot of times in my life when I got myself, finally, into the thick of it, into social interactions more intense than polite small talk, my brain shattered and all my decision making ability and rationality went out the window, until I either completely clam up for fear of ruining a good thing (and thus letting it die) or alienating the other person somehow; and then I was back to the way I was before, except now more socially anxious and distrusting of myself and others than ever before.

I know exactly how you feel, because I'm exactly the same way.
Don't worry, you're never alone.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107594 on: September 13, 2016, 01:33:27 am »

Yoink's avvie change made me think that perhaps the time has passed.
It's probably been about two weeks or so, but I'll call that time enough.
Oh no! No, I didn't mean it!
Auuuugh I'm sorry :'(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 7171 7172 [7173] 7174 7175 ... 8167