Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7164 7165 [7166] 7167 7168 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9471783 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #107475 on: September 09, 2016, 08:02:45 am »

Sometimes I get angry at people for giving me a hard time and not forgiving me for my past, but then I remember that I'm not a good person yet.

She likely would still dislike me since she has no way of knowing I've changed, but I didn't even change that much.

How do normal people act like reasonable adults and not throw tantrums...
Knowing the person you speak of in question, and the context of all this...I've to ask you to think about this constructively--what were they thinking about, what part of my attitude were they affected by, etc.

Because these ideas bring your mental focus into looking at meaning. You can be frustrated, however which way you see what had happened. "You're allowed to feel" is a very technical thing I should however say (because I'm very tired and word things messily right now). It's ok to get frustrated. It's ok to feel. To put in mind out of all this however, is to think what will be the outcome of what I will do? Impeding your own feelings before making a mature choice may create extra, unneeded conflict towards facing the situations one has. So it's ok to feel frustrated--but follow it all up with thinking how to go about these, and in situations where you can see the other person is not at fault, take them constructively by finding meaning you know you can work with (ie anything not sweepingly negative, and as if the other person is attacking you). Tantrumming is only an aftereffect as a reaction--being reasonable about it is what goes before and during those times.

It doesn't get easier to control. You just get better at it and become a stronger person.
Paradoxically, the latter applies at the same time as the former. One cannot control another's wishes, but one can control their own perception and insight into seeing what had happened before, into facing what one is experiencing now.
*hugs Cinder*

We're all pretending.
Also, you cannot pretend what is not in part, real.
Acting like a reasonable adult isn't normal.
That's strange, because everyone expects everyone to do so.
Note what reason is: How you think about the situation in mind. How others say 'presence of mind', usually means readiness of thought. Acting with reasoning is normal--acting like a reasonable adult is created and socialized with experience, and it is the times such as these that we can use these experiences or past experiences to help ourselves, as a very real possibility: To look at one's own words, to look at how one thought about what happened before, to think about if these thoughts will be helpful in how they're used to reason things out...there are many ways on how to follow that up, because anyone has feelings that are important to address. What comes out of it is also very important, because sometimes we each have experiences in our past that shapes how we initially thought about things--pessimism and cynicism, optimism and realism, are all influenced in part by that initial reaction in how we thought about it.
You can throw a tantrum, but it will wane, and thereafter you'll be left with thoughts. Follow it up well, as you've got good friends to whom you can sound your ideas off; there are many people out there too who have mentioned they're ok with communicating by PMs.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107476 on: September 09, 2016, 08:48:27 am »

Can barely get out of bed these days and I keep making my boyfriend late as a result. Having a lot of bad dreams. Spilled hot chocolate all over a table and the floor at Starbucks. Didn't study for an exam I have today. And my laptop is still fucking up because Windows is apparently broken now. Just one problem after another. Can I just skip to the part of my life where I have my shit together?  -_-

Edit: I'm starting to think I shouldn't go to law school if I can't handle my undergraduate degree.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 08:54:02 am by Silthuri »
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #107477 on: September 09, 2016, 09:01:53 am »

Ugh, mood and energy took a nosedive out of nowhere, had to leave the "class" (basically making clay croquis based on someone doing superhero charades, left with teachers permission) because i didn't have the excess for it. I don't like leaving classes like that, especially not since it's something that would actually be fun if i were in a better mindset. I hope it skyrockets as suddenly as it nosedived. >.>
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #107478 on: September 09, 2016, 09:18:51 am »

Some asshole stole my tablet PC.

On the bright side, I bought a better one.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #107479 on: September 09, 2016, 10:13:16 am »

It doesn't get easier to control. You just get better at it and become a stronger person.

+1, and even if you don't think or feel yourself improving at it, does not mean you aren't.  Everyone's worst judge inevitably is themselves.
If only that was true. People get more annoyed than I do when I slacken my pace.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #107480 on: September 09, 2016, 11:13:16 am »

Some asshole stole my tablet PC.

On the bright side, I bought a better one.
On the minus side ITS A PAIN to rebuild all the lost info.

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107481 on: September 09, 2016, 01:46:05 pm »

@Silthuri:There should be on-campus tech support.  Use it.  It's full of people who train to fix that stuff.
...I think your sleep is kinda messed up, too, but I have no idea what to do that could fix it.

@ChairmanPoo:...this is why you run backups, but yeah, bleh.

@Shook: :(
Hope you feel better.

@Cinder:They do, or you think they do?  Are they actually saying that?  I ask only because I know you tend to impute negative things you think onto other people...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #107482 on: September 09, 2016, 01:58:17 pm »

I am incredibly queasy. I feel like I'm on the edge of needing to puke but it's just not happening.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #107483 on: September 09, 2016, 02:09:07 pm »

@Silthuri:There should be on-campus tech support.  Use it.  It's full of people who train to fix that stuff.
...I think your sleep is kinda messed up, too, but I have no idea what to do that could fix it.

@ChairmanPoo:...this is why you run backups, but yeah, bleh.

Hope you feel better.

@Cinder:They do, or you think they do?  Are they actually saying that?  I ask only because I know you tend to impute negative things you think onto other people...
I have backups. But loading them in is a pain. I have around 5gb worth of schematics and notes that took a long time to copy back.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107484 on: September 09, 2016, 02:12:28 pm »

I am incredibly queasy. I feel like I'm on the edge of needing to puke but it's just not happening.
Uuugh.  I know the feeling.  It is not a good feeling.
Maybe it's indigestion?

@ChairmanPoo:Oh.  Yeah, that is also a pain.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #107485 on: September 09, 2016, 02:28:57 pm »

Hope you feel better.
Thanks, i do. Turns out i was basically just overloaded, since i felt a lot better after a few hours of voluntary isolation and pseudo-napping in order to let my brain process things. Now i'm just kind of stuck in the "i don't want to go outside my room" mojo, but at least i'm feeling pretty okay besides that. :v

@itisnotlogical: Aw shit, that sucks so badly. As TBF said to me, i hope you feel better very soon, i've been in similar-but-not-quite-as-large shoes many times. :<
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107486 on: September 09, 2016, 02:32:14 pm »

D'argh I was just kinda reminded I have no meatspace friends again.  :v

@Shook:Thank goodness.  You know, you'll have to go out for food eventually, so why not now?
Sigtext

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #107487 on: September 09, 2016, 02:51:03 pm »

Well, technically, all of us e-people do exist in meatspace as well. ;o
I know what you mean though, i also have an astounding lack of close friends in my life. I guess that's just my fear of rejection making me keep people just a bit away from my juicy core, but if the current situation is anything to go by, i might actually make some really good friends over the course of folk high school. c:

As for "why not now", three main reasons: It's dark outside, pretty much all food-related places are closed, and i've already eaten supper.

:v

Almost everyone else is out partying in the party house, and i'm almost tempted to go say "hello", but i'm really not feeling for having my eardrums blasted right now (case in point: i can hear it through my closed window right now). I'll have to pop up tomorrow for sure though, music teacher's giving a concert! (also apparently he has a site and some youtube videos but it's all in danish so werbworb)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107488 on: September 09, 2016, 02:54:35 pm »

Spoiler: rantish (click to show/hide)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107489 on: September 09, 2016, 03:29:24 pm »

@BHK:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

@Shook:Ah.  Then yeah, goto sleep if you want.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 03:32:52 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 7164 7165 [7166] 7167 7168 ... 8167