Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7162 7163 [7164] 7165 7166 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9470839 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #107445 on: September 08, 2016, 01:50:13 pm »

Seek help..? :))

Well I thought it was funny...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107446 on: September 08, 2016, 01:52:24 pm »

It's honestly not a bad idea, but...Bleh.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107447 on: September 08, 2016, 01:54:04 pm »

If it's just a general feeling of malaise or whatever, it'll pass. Probably your body telling you you need to rest.

If it's something specific, B12 is a sounding board.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107448 on: September 08, 2016, 01:59:31 pm »

General malaise induced by specifically not seemingly being able to help anybody with anything.  But yeah, I don't think I've been sleeping all that well either on top of everything else.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #107449 on: September 08, 2016, 02:03:06 pm »

In Thai, "Helping yourself" is slang for masturbating.

So when you feel like you can't help yourself...
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107450 on: September 08, 2016, 02:21:40 pm »

Oh wow.  Wow.  Wow.  *rimshot*

I chuckled a little.
Sigtext

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107451 on: September 08, 2016, 02:52:31 pm »

In Thai, "Helping yourself" is slang for masturbating.

So when you feel like you can't help yourself...

...you're probably stuck visiting your family?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107452 on: September 08, 2016, 03:07:33 pm »

Bye.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 05:19:45 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #107453 on: September 08, 2016, 03:23:26 pm »

-Boop-

Hey Ve, I missed you earlier.

It sounded like so many things have been going well for you these days, and I don't entirely know what to say here. In part, that's just me getting lost in some of the prose and symbolism, the way I do. I can say I'm deeply grateful that your efforts have been paying off lately, as sorry as I am that the You you are today had to pay a heavy price to get here. It's not the way it should be in a Just World, but maybe that Just World would preclude the wisdom and strength gained by weathering these kinds of adversities? Thinking of that makes it easier for me sometimes... it may be so for you too?

The past doesn't stop hurting from time to time, as is it's fashion. It hurts every time we see or think about the raw deals we've gotten historically, and those dealt out to the people we care about. Still, there remains the freedom offered by this present time, and the promise of an unwritten future beyond it. Whatever happened back then, and whatever's happening today, you're okay, and they're okay, and I'm okay, and the world is okay. I promise. And you know as well as I that the days to come will be okay, too. If we all keep doing our best by our innermost selves, they'll be even better than okay. :)

It may not offer much in the way of pasture, but you've still got a quiet place here to rest as you travel. Here's to remembrances fond and not, to wisdom gained, and to meandering however we all may toward a brighter future.

Much love, and good luck on your journey, friend.

This should be the introductory post to this thread.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #107454 on: September 08, 2016, 05:13:29 pm »

Been feeling kinda like crap lately. Tired but can't sleep, depressed, lonely, the works. Dunno what to do about it. Think I've been forgetting to eat? Maybe that'll help.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #107455 on: September 08, 2016, 05:16:53 pm »

Quote from: Many people
Seek help.
I want to, but I'm so fucking terrified of the response I might get that I feel like I can't. One of the things I'm used to being told is, "Stop overreacting, you're fine" and if I got that from a professional I would just freak out and I can't imagine that I won't be told that. Chances are that even if a professional didn't tell me that I'm overreacting they'd tell my parents who would tell me to get over myself because I really don't have it that bad.

Sorry to anyone I might have inadvertently insulted, by the way. I'm just bad at trying to help myself

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #107456 on: September 08, 2016, 05:37:42 pm »

Chances are that even if a professional didn't tell me that I'm overreacting they'd tell my parents who would tell me to get over myself because I really don't have it that bad.

Ignore anyone who tells you that. If things are bothering you, then you have it bad enough to have something you need help with.

Sure, there are people out there who are worse off than you. But that applies to just about everyone. You don't have to be the single most miserable person on the planet to deserve help.

Being told how good things are in relation to others can help some people, but if that's not helping you then it's just noise. Let it pass by you and focus on the things that do help.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107457 on: September 08, 2016, 05:48:49 pm »

@Gamedragon: If any professional tells you you're overreacting, they are not a professional.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107458 on: September 08, 2016, 06:05:01 pm »

I will also chime in.

You are cutting yourself. Any professional (I assume you're referring to mental health pros) that is made aware of that and tells you you're overreacting probably most definitely shouldn't be a professional.

Depending on where you go, there is also patient confidentiality to consider. If they tell someone something you've said as a patient, they can be sued. I'm not sure if this applies to school counsellor type stuff, though.

Fear is a normal reaction to this kind of thing, but is it the right reaction? You know you're not overreacting, and I feel like you know you need help. If you are told you are overreacting, what do you think would be the right thing to do?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #107459 on: September 08, 2016, 08:52:02 pm »

Quote from: Many people
Seek help.
I want to, but I'm so fucking terrified of the response I might get that I feel like I can't. One of the things I'm used to being told is, "Stop overreacting, you're fine" and if I got that from a professional I would just freak out and I can't imagine that I won't be told that. Chances are that even if a professional didn't tell me that I'm overreacting they'd tell my parents who would tell me to get over myself because I really don't have it that bad.

Sorry to anyone I might have inadvertently insulted, by the way. I'm just bad at trying to help myself
Ooooh :O
Alright, student of that general profession here, and I forward everyone's note that, as said nicely by hector:
You are cutting yourself. Any professional (I assume you're referring to mental health pros) that is made aware of that and tells you you're overreacting probably most definitely shouldn't be a professional.
Because, first of all, other than the spiel I posted before about how a professional may react (which can be B12-search-engine'd by putting in 'professional' or other terms), is that the main foundation of how they will respond revolves around concern for the individual. So think of it like a medical doctor treating a wound that you may have somehow scraped yourself because of a very accident-prone environment as a blunt comparison--they won't go all "Oh wow, you hurt yourself :v why didn't you wear any protective gear?", just like a health professional oriented towards your mental and social health not going "Stop overreacting, you're fine."

...I seriously have the impulse to just paste many of my notes online to dissuade that illusion of doubt that prevents people from going to these professionals :< But I can't, because technology limitations.

But seriously--as a student of Psychology, which is one prerequisite of finishing a mastery course of a Counselor (you'll need extra years if you wish to practice in a clinical field :P ), they won't act...unreasonable in the ways you may believe they will. They will respond very well to any request, like if you're uncomfortable in the situation of:
Chances are that even if a professional didn't tell me that I'm overreacting they'd tell my parents who would tell me to get over myself because I really don't have it that bad.
You can just say 'please don't tell my parents {ie because I've heard that if you people hear about the person hurting themselves they'll just tell the parents and [insert continuation or your other thoughts, modify this idea to your context]}' and they'll follow on. These things are put into training and practice towards us--because it's like putting the concern towards other lives as a profession; these situations are generally thought over even in hypothetical scenarios to provide readiness for those who will act as future counselors (and otherwise).

Also you can seriously ask them anything and you'll get a response on it. :P They won't shout at you, demean you, or anything harsh. I mean in my experience, if you both get to know each other, they can even put humor in what they'll say if it helps.

No. You're not.
You're in a situation where experience and exposure--which bluntly means 'age'--may not show a better path because of negative experiences happening first. All we ask as a whole online here, is for you to persevere in seeking aid, and if ever you have doubts, to sound them off in a way that you can receive feedback to future actions (that we can explain and all).

Edoot:
Unless you admit to planning to kill someone. In which case they're allowed to warn said person.
Ahh. I remember a case presented when we studied this as one of the initiators towards approaching confidentiality. The Tarasoff case :O
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 09:28:00 pm by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 7162 7163 [7164] 7165 7166 ... 8167