Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7160 7161 [7162] 7163 7164 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9469488 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #107415 on: September 07, 2016, 10:07:11 pm »

Rest and relaxation would be useful, though I am aware you have issues with sleep which is going to be a massive contribution to anxiety and fatigue.

If you have a sleep clinic or something nearby, a visit there may be in order. Otherwise, research into sleep hygiene - if you haven't since I've brought it up a few times in the thread for various things - might help to some extent.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #107416 on: September 08, 2016, 12:44:19 am »

-Depression Snip-

You gotta to take care of yourself too. Even if it's hard to see the reason to do it right now, that will clear up in time. I feel like I say it a lot, but things will get better. Until then, just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Dunno if it fits for you, but my Depression always hits worst when I'm feeling powerless to change problems in my life, when I feel crushed under the expectations of others, or when I've been ignoring issues in my life for a long time. When you feel better and have the energy for it, channel some of it toward figuring out if anything's been eating you. If you find something, try breaking it down into smaller pieces and underlying issues, and then take little steps toward changing it.

You have the power to change things for the better, whether that's in your life, or in the world around you. You matter too. Even if you don't always see it that way, you deserve good things. Allow yourself to feel whatever you're feeling right now, treat yourself right, and try to make things better for yourself when you can. You'll be okay.
I know, I tried. Everything basically can be traced back to unrequited love. I fell hard for her, it's something that I have trouble explaining rationally, it's... I thought I knew what is love but nothing compares to this fucking retarded feeling of unexplainable connection. For a while, year ago, I thought that finally life is great and stuff is coming together pretty well - it took one night for it all to go to hell. She found her "True love", thanks to that I lost literally all my friends because it was easier to choose to support them - though I pretty much understand them. Then I got ill (which, quite ironically, almost for sure started due to stress and psychological impact of this shit), due to related reasons I have shit relations with my mother, due to sheer price of medicine I have to take I have financial problems and... fuck, I tried. There is just nothing I can do.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #107417 on: September 08, 2016, 03:34:05 am »

Horrendous congestion wot's bad enough to cause migraines, temporary deafness, and insomnia
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107418 on: September 08, 2016, 04:46:53 am »

Seems, that I have failed to get job again, second time in the row  :-\

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #107419 on: September 08, 2016, 05:32:52 am »

Only two times? Ha. My sister applied constantly for years before she got one.
You've still got plenty of time.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #107420 on: September 08, 2016, 05:38:35 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #107421 on: September 08, 2016, 05:44:05 am »

Seek help, dude.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107422 on: September 08, 2016, 06:35:49 am »

I just read a phrase that, I don't know, it raised my spirit a quite a bit. "Today suffering might be a consequence of yesterday's mistakes, but tomorrow it will be all in the past".

I think it can apply to a wide range of problems. It remembered me to the history of the magic ring "This too will pass"
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107423 on: September 08, 2016, 07:09:46 am »

@Gamedragon:....
Please, please, please, get some help.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #107424 on: September 08, 2016, 07:11:30 am »

Yep, doesn't matter what, we will keep saying that.  For what it's worth, us internet peoples still care. 

Please don't hurt yourself.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107425 on: September 08, 2016, 08:09:58 am »

@Gamedragon Don't do that pal. Seek help. Life might be messy and seem meaningless at time, trust that I know that, but it is also wonderful and it's really worthy. Like everything it has it's ups and downs but you shouldn't be kicking yourself when you are down. It's hard but not impossible to pick on self up, and if you can't do it by yourself simply ask for help, you'll be surprised how much can people help when you are willing to reach out.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #107426 on: September 08, 2016, 08:58:14 am »

Gamedragon. Dude, slow down. Consider getting a little help for that.

The problem with not caring about yourself or your own harm is that it snowballs, becoming a self fulfilling prophesy. Things are bad; you hurt yourself. Then things are worse cause you hurt yourself and you hurt yourself more. This doesn't improve things, but only makes it worse overall. Things can improve, but not if self harm happens.

Please consider getting some help.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107427 on: September 08, 2016, 09:12:58 am »

Yeah, GD... ditto. Not gonna say you need a therapist, even though they're fantastic resources for unraveling the kinds of situations that lead folks to do this to themselves. I will, however, say that you've Absolutely got to stop hurting yourself.

Our lives aren't going to be exactly (maybe even remotely) the same. I'm sorry you're hurting, and maybe feel like you don't matter to the folks you care about. Anyone who's been there knows how bad that hurts. Still... whatever is lacking in your life right now, it's is something you can find. Please keep taking care of yourself, and try to find little ways to get closer to that. It gets better, friend.

Spoiler: Also, Kot... (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 09:17:03 am by Solifuge »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107428 on: September 08, 2016, 09:22:37 am »

Please get help, GD.  It might *seem* needy right now but it'll be a lot better for yourself and everyone around you.  I would have saved myself and my family a lot of pain if I hadn't been so proud and scared of help.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107429 on: September 08, 2016, 09:54:51 am »

Damn at this point I missed another year of school due to depression >_< I don't want to lose track of my life and fall into a pit I can't climb out of...

Maybe I can still do something... Even if it means I go to school late or in the second semester... or take online classes... something.
Pages: 1 ... 7160 7161 [7162] 7163 7164 ... 8167