Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7154 7155 [7156] 7157 7158 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9465993 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #107325 on: September 04, 2016, 07:44:51 pm »

Just another means of control in society, man.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

saigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107326 on: September 04, 2016, 07:47:43 pm »

Opus Dei doesn't sound all that bad, going by the wikipedia article. The doctrine looks respectable. Emphasizes being willing to work, emphasizes that everyone can be saintly if they try hard enough, encourages "respecting choice" and "taking personal responsibility". Sounds like good spiritual rules for living to me.
Unfortunately they don't practice what they preach.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #107327 on: September 04, 2016, 07:58:20 pm »

Opus Dei doesn't sound all that bad, going by the wikipedia article. The doctrine looks respectable. Emphasizes being willing to work, emphasizes that everyone can be saintly if they try hard enough, encourages "respecting choice" and "taking personal responsibility". Sounds like good spiritual rules for living to me.
Unfortunately they don't practice what they preach.
That sounds like just an unfortunate trait that humans as a whole/in general possess (including myself, unfortunately).

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #107328 on: September 04, 2016, 08:37:41 pm »

Well. I just had the realization that everything I've been doing in my life has been to try to impress people.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #107329 on: September 04, 2016, 08:45:35 pm »

But you know what?

I've actually gotten happier now that I've finally realized this :)

I'm gonna do what I do, even if it sucks, and not let criticism get to me like it did before!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107330 on: September 04, 2016, 09:28:54 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 05:35:54 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107331 on: September 04, 2016, 09:40:27 pm »

....Vector, how on earth would that make you unpopular?

And Caroline, I will seriously try and put in a word for you with my school if you apply there, FWIW.  I mean it probably won't help all that much but...I want to help, in any way I can.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 09:46:01 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107332 on: September 04, 2016, 09:56:19 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 05:26:00 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107333 on: September 04, 2016, 10:06:29 pm »

*hugs Vector*

Resilience is good, but...Yeah, not being able to open up, it sucks.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 10:16:31 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107334 on: September 04, 2016, 10:24:50 pm »

So now my mom told me to apply to this university.
Not naming it directly, but that probably won't help much; it's easy to find.
It's basically the *official* Opus Dei university, and what I consider to be the capital-M Mother of all catholic universities.
I don't seem to have much of a choice, now I will have to apply or she'll be pissed as high water.

Which adds a lot more stress to college applications, because I know for a fact that I am going to be accepted into that one, given that:
-I have already played the role of "perfect little 'gifted' Opus Dei boy" for so many years.
-I have really bad luck.

So now I need a really good excuse for not going there. As in, "I got accepted into fucking MIT/Yale/Stanford/Harvard" level excuse. I am not kidding, my parent's dedication to Opus Dei is beyond comprehension.

Even then, they might just go and pull out the "your soul is more important than quality education* so we're overriding your decision" that they (and my 'spiritual counselor', and the priests) have been implying lately.

So yeah. Overnight my reason for wanting to apply to really competitive schools went from "these may be the only ones simultaneously trans-friendly enough that they might support me when my parents cut me off and good enough in the fields I want to study my parents will overlook the fact that they are FILTHY LIBRULS" to "applying to these may be the only way I am not forced to go through hell for four to eight more years".

*Note: I know that there's a ton of colleges that have quality education that aren't Ivies or 'top tier' colleges, and there are many different ways to go around postsecondary education.

Anyways, I should really stop posting about college application anxieties when I should just be working on the actual applications and go back to panicking about applications when I should just be working on them.
your application can always get "lost in the mail"

whether you literally toss it by the roadside or put the wrong address on and "forget" to put the return address on it

then stall, A LOT, until "oh jeeze i guess i wasn't accepted/it's too late to apply now oh dear"
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #107335 on: September 04, 2016, 11:25:57 pm »

Make sure your parents see you do the application though, perhaps even put it in an envelope (unless they send the mail or whatever)

You can always have a spare one with the... "correct" address handy, otherwise.

Also, I do feel it necessary to point out that you are also deserving of a chance, in spite of my earlier protestations that I don't like doing that. Your sisters are worth just as much as you.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #107336 on: September 04, 2016, 11:27:37 pm »

Put "I WORSHIP SATAN" or similar evil/stupid shit on it so it gets rejected for being too insane.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #107337 on: September 05, 2016, 12:51:04 am »

Well... if the place meant is the one I think.... it's a fairly prestigious uni. Plus things arent the same in Latinamerica as in the EU, in general, if you get my drift.

That being said if C is serious about not going I'd advise saying so post haste. As it is also a very expensive place, and they might be less than thrilled at home if it all ends up being a charade
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107338 on: September 05, 2016, 12:53:53 am »

Are they in the States or...?
Sigtext

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #107339 on: September 05, 2016, 05:22:13 am »

Edit: I would rather not. Every time I post my own sad people give me shit about it.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 7154 7155 [7156] 7157 7158 ... 8167