Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7153 7154 [7155] 7156 7157 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9465203 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #107310 on: September 03, 2016, 11:30:45 pm »

b. Get your blood tested for vitamin deficiencies. I'm currently being dosed with 16,000% of the daily recommended Vitamin B12 (eyyyy).
I cannot remove the image from my mind of you getting a diagnosis of extreme B12 deficiency and desperately trying not to burst into crippling laughter in the face of some poor unknowing lab tech.
Oh god I just now realized that joke

SIDES CURRENTLY APPROACHING EDGE OF OBSERVABLE SPACE.  MISSION COMPLETE.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #107311 on: September 03, 2016, 11:48:36 pm »

... I don't want to be an asshole or something, but I am pretty sure this isin't happy thread. :I
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #107312 on: September 03, 2016, 11:49:47 pm »

We have found happiness in slavery.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #107313 on: September 04, 2016, 12:28:03 am »

The market fundamentalists have won.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #107314 on: September 04, 2016, 06:25:29 am »

You'd get scalding garlic tea on your face before that.
Anything involving tea is a bonus.
Given it's my face.... I disagree :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #107315 on: September 04, 2016, 05:08:40 pm »

Spoiler: Super arrogant sad (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #107316 on: September 04, 2016, 05:12:14 pm »

By your description, the people around you are pretty dickish.  I don't know the complexity of your immediate situation, but on the surface of it, it's perfectly normal to be resentful of that.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #107317 on: September 04, 2016, 05:20:02 pm »

The internet is...

The internet.

I don't think I really need to say any more, but I'd be happy to I did (It'd help me blow off a bit of steam).

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107318 on: September 04, 2016, 06:17:42 pm »

If you need a motivational essay or whatever the hell to get into Hell U, have you considered subtly sabotaging your application? Helps a lot if the university in question doesn't specify why your application was rejected. Or maybe not even sabotaging as much as not trying very hard with it. It'd be very easy to mask malice as procrastination, for instance, such as "forgetting" to apply until the day after the signup period is done.

Mind you, this may be horrible advice if it backfires terribly or they find out what's up (depends on if your impossibly shitty parents know the administration or not).
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 06:21:45 pm by Harry Baldman »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #107319 on: September 04, 2016, 06:37:52 pm »

Holy fuck, your parents are Opus Dei cultists? Everything makes a lot more sense now.

The time has come for you to start taking control of your own life as an adult, in this instance by not letting your parents keep you under thumb at worthless Opus Dei degree mill. Whether you do that by standing up to them directly, sabotage, or plain lying to them about everything is going to have to be your own judgement.

Otherwise, you're gonna live in fear forever.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107320 on: September 04, 2016, 06:40:10 pm »

Maybe try and feign sickness or something whenever you take the test? Saying you have a headache or the like might make uncharacteristically bad results a bit more believable, although I'm not sure how your parents would react to such a thing.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107321 on: September 04, 2016, 07:04:01 pm »

Opus Dei cultists?
...cultists?
I haven't heard of Opus Dei... what's so bad about them?

As to Caroline, I honestly feel something along the line of arrogance/ignorance giving advice related to serious stuff to people older than me, and I don't have much that's already stated. But I can at least try to give you hope. Just pull through and you'll be fine in the end. We're with you, as always.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #107322 on: September 04, 2016, 07:07:10 pm »

Cult is a bit misleading.  It's not all Dan Brown weirdness.  Still, like any religious sect, the negative side of like-minded communities and what they do to people who don't really fit their mood still sucks.

Hope you can find a way to circumvent these people Caroline, and find something YOU want to do.  Your life first, always.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #107323 on: September 04, 2016, 07:17:34 pm »

College should be an opportunity for y'all to get away from them.

If you can figure out a way to get you and your shit from where you live to college, you'll be golden.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #107324 on: September 04, 2016, 07:39:35 pm »

Opus Dei doesn't sound all that bad, going by the wikipedia article. The doctrine looks respectable. Emphasizes being willing to work, emphasizes that everyone can be saintly if they try hard enough, encourages "respecting choice" and "taking personal responsibility". Sounds like good spiritual rules for living to me.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 7153 7154 [7155] 7156 7157 ... 8167