Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7128 7129 [7130] 7131 7132 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9459473 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #106935 on: August 20, 2016, 03:31:44 pm »

So shit that we'd rather suggest a teenager not seek it to help with their issues of harming themselves when they feel they have nobody to talk to.
Get someone else, duh.
Fuck, bunch of randoms on Internets is way better than a psychologist, especially the ones that are freely and widely available (school ones, etc.) and spending a fortune on a guy who will treat you like you're mentally retarded seems quite counterproductive.
dunno man psychiatry has helped me so much that I'd recommend it to anybody who thinks it could help them

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106936 on: August 20, 2016, 03:40:13 pm »

Gamedragon: Like Yoink said and I told you, there is a group called beyondblue that you could talk to. They have email too.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #106937 on: August 20, 2016, 04:04:23 pm »

Okay, look.

Professional psychological help is really dependent upon the people involved.  So yeah, sometimes, it might not help you with one particular psychologist, but if that's happening, they're obligated to refer you to someone else if you ask.  That is like, literally the first thing in the ethical code IIRC, although I haven't read it recently enough to be sure.

I think you have somewhat strange ideas about what health professionals in general must and must not do....
Psychiatric professionals?  Tiruin linked their ethical code, which I read.
Haven't seen that. I have, however, checked the local deontological codes for both medical professionals and psychologists. Patients have a specific right to look for second opinions and/or ask for their case info and documents. Nowhere does it state that if the patient wants to switch doctors and/or psychologists the previous person in charge of their treatment must be the one to look for an alternative.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #106938 on: August 20, 2016, 05:24:11 pm »

Not having any friends sucks. I just want people to talk to, and keep talking to. I do end up talking to people, but since I have very few interests and no hobbies there's nothing to talk about except my own fucking issues. And that's even if somebody bothers to talk to me. Vast majority of the time I'm just another random internet denizen.

I guess I just have to accept that the only interesting things about me are every fucking thing that's gone wrong in my life. So the only thing people feel about me is just... pity.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #106939 on: August 20, 2016, 05:27:34 pm »

Sorry, guys, I kindo f had a mental breakdown. I know that doesn't excuse what I said, but I'm so sorry. :c
Aw shoot, it's okay, sorry i got a bit pissy. That particular kind of behaviour just peeves me really badly, and i'm pretty shit at controlling my temper. :<

also of course i get a severe belly ache the night before going to folk high school

NOT LIKE I NEED FOOD OR SLEEP OR ANYTHING

But holy shit this is actually very painful, feels like a combination of pressure and vague burning in my colon. I don't feel sick in any other way (i mean, besides what significant pain and worry can do to you), so it's probably mostly just trapped gas, but this is an unusually painful bout of that. Either that, or my colon is inflamed, but i reckon that'd give me more than just pain. UGH. This better not fuck with my sleep or attendance tomorrow.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106940 on: August 20, 2016, 07:13:44 pm »

Oh dang, get well soon, Shook.
I know how awful it is being unable to sleep for whatever reason the night before something important. :-\
If all else fails you can always chug some energy drink in the morning, right?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106941 on: August 20, 2016, 07:39:41 pm »

Aaargh can't get this email server to cooperate

Also apparently I misremembered earlier, because I can't find where I read what I remember reading.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 07:51:18 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #106942 on: August 20, 2016, 11:44:15 pm »

Gamedragon, I'm a bit late but I sent you a PM that has some hopefully useful advice.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #106943 on: August 20, 2016, 11:52:15 pm »

Okay, look.

Professional psychological help is really dependent upon the people involved.  So yeah, sometimes, it might not help you with one particular psychologist, but if that's happening, they're obligated to refer you to someone else if you ask.  That is like, literally the first thing in the ethical code IIRC, although I haven't read it recently enough to be sure.

I think you have somewhat strange ideas about what health professionals in general must and must not do....
Psychiatric professionals?  Tiruin linked their ethical code, which I read.
Haven't seen that. I have, however, checked the local deontological codes for both medical professionals and psychologists. Patients have a specific right to look for second opinions and/or ask for their case info and documents. Nowhere does it state that if the patient wants to switch doctors and/or psychologists the previous person in charge of their treatment must be the one to look for an alternative.
Both are true. What TBF is saying is that if the professional by themself sees that the concerns the person is bringing up is not within their specialty (or that in continuation of their specific work with them may bring more harm than otherwise), they shall refer them to those who are more capable.
Also, CP is a doctor, TBF. :P

Sorry, guys, I kindo f had a mental breakdown. I know that doesn't excuse what I said, but I'm so sorry. :c
Thanks for saying sorry. :)
My impression about Gamedragon and the context is that what he's saying is trusted to be valid--that's a basic point within going with others, treating whatever they say as substantial. But any amount of cynicism will not help further--when a person uses an outlet to express or vent (ie the sad thread), sometimes they may not have outlets currently present to them IRL; sometimes they aren't seeking for help from others online and just want to be listened (and this does happen.)
But GD does need help. Other people PMing him is not the endpoint, but is something such as psychological first aid--they can help alleviate the stress and help move with understanding, possibly working around concerns he's been having on his mind for days and weeks with nobody to thoroughly talk them over with. (eg Making a diary or writing down your ideas so there's something tangible to go back to or present to others if you can't vocalize it) It's like talking to friends or other people who want to help (albeit without the non-verbal communication part that's mainly into text)--they may not give exacts or ends to meet and fully aid a concern that's been present for weeks or months or further, but these can help in the current time, as a possible outlet, or as someone to communicate with.

Related sads on my part would be people applying labels to the psychological or medical field due to individual happenings, which once or twice or several times over may have given a negative impact for them to condemn the whole bloody field.
Although I can't usually get sarcasm and combine it with cynicism and that's be believing every word you said in a O_o!? way.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106944 on: August 21, 2016, 12:28:00 am »

Internet searches are returning less information than they used to, and they are deliberately manipulated.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I miss the free internet. Even if it never existed.

Please do not quote. Even if it doesn't matter.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106945 on: August 21, 2016, 01:29:55 am »

That...Seems bad.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #106946 on: August 21, 2016, 03:36:22 am »

Oh dang, get well soon, Shook.
I know how awful it is being unable to sleep for whatever reason the night before something important. :-\
If all else fails you can always chug some energy drink in the morning, right?
Could in theory, but i don't think it'd be wise with my bowels. :v
Anyways, thanks, whatever you did to appease the bowel gods seems to have worked, because it went away in time for me to sleep just a little bit later than usual. The fact that i could fall asleep at all is miraculous, considering that today is the day where my life gets temporarily uprooted. :P (although honestly i'm not sad about that part, just HIGHLY AGITATED)
I suspect that the pains yesterday may have been a combination of IBS, trapped gas, too much pressing and nervosity, which may have triggered some kind of cramping in my colon or something. IBS is also known as spastic colon (if you google image for "spastic colon" you'll quickly see what i'm on about, and yes it's mostly SFW), which might lend some merit to this hypothesis.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #106947 on: August 21, 2016, 08:00:26 am »

Oh, fuck. :)
Give me a gun please.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106948 on: August 21, 2016, 10:17:33 am »

-
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 10:44:50 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106949 on: August 21, 2016, 10:27:31 am »

Rolan:Stay strong.  You can do it.

@Kot:No.
And, y'know, stay safe, okay?
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 7128 7129 [7130] 7131 7132 ... 8167