Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7116 7117 [7118] 7119 7120 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9452199 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #106755 on: August 15, 2016, 09:12:24 am »

Massive, multipartite rants following because I'm stressed out of my fucking mind.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106756 on: August 15, 2016, 09:18:30 am »

This year and then the next and I still have no idea whatsoever what to do with my life. I am immensely screwed.
You're still in school, right?  There should be some people you can talk to there about future planning, that can help you figure out what to focus on.  But honestly, if somebody asked me what my plans were two years from now, I'd have no clue.  Having a long-term goal, like 'be a successful hair stylist' or 'afford a decent life in New York City' (not my goals, just examples), it helps, knowing where you want to be in life and living conditions helps, but having a specific plan that far out is practically wild speculation anyway.  Don't freak out about it.  You'll do fine.

@Tiruin:Thank you!  It was mostly a moment of stress-induced angst, but more knowhow can only be good.  And yeah, I'm actually driving up today.  (Not actually driving myself, but you know what I mean.)

@Reudh: *reads post*
Stress.  Not good.  I'll keep an eye out.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 09:21:01 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106757 on: August 15, 2016, 09:41:31 am »

i accidentally set fire to a pan of grease on my stove which resulted in the entire kitchen being destroyed and my dog dying
Oh no... that's terrible.
I give you my deepest sympathies and offer internet hugs, whatever they may be worth. I really wanted to say more, but I can't work out how.
Just remember, it's not your fault: everyone (at least in my experience) has absent-minded moments with potentially dangerous consequences, and nothing but pure luck decides how bad they are. I really hope you start feeling better soon, and that you get some nicer luck to re-balance things.

Sorry if none of that made sense. I re-wrote parts to try and convey my message properly. Not sure if it helped. :-\

My own current, far less tragic but still more than mild Sad: asthma.
Of course, the one night I leave my backpack (and my inhaler) somewhere, an asthma attack comes along to kick my arse and deny me sleep.
Tried breathing exercises, calming music and scents, all that, but can't get to the point of being able to sleep. I'm supposed to work in a few hours. Ugh.
Guess I'll need to resort to energy drink.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106758 on: August 15, 2016, 09:52:44 am »

@Yoink:  :o :(
*hugs*
At least you're, well, alive to complain about it, hey?
Hope you feel better.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106759 on: August 15, 2016, 11:01:05 am »

Partial x-post from Josh's cycling thread, because it involves cycling:

This was last Tuesday, but it was just one part of a cavalcade of shit that has left me feeling very very angry at the world lately. Significant, long rants follow, with copious swears.

So all that nasty shit culminates at the end of the week with me thinking "I need a fucking drink."

And realising that that is a dangerous precedent, so I don't have a fucking drink and instead just cycle and cycle and cycle until I'm too tired to do anything on Saturday.

Arghety fucking argh. At least i'm doing okay in uni, the two marked pieces of work I've gotten back (both from Human Developmental and Clinical Genetics) were a high distinction and a distinction. That's the only bright spot.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106760 on: August 15, 2016, 12:30:25 pm »

Reudh...Wow.

*hugs*

I'll try to respond to everything.

Part One:Yeah, I think that it might be time to talk to the guy's boss, because that's just not right.  You had no way to mitigate that, and basically getting failed because the train people done carped up, that's just not right.

Part Two:Logic, evidence, and repetition repetition repetition.  Keep telling her she's doing stupid stuff and keep an eye out.  Maybe she'll catch on or you'll catch it before everything goes really badly pear-shaped.

I won't presume to give friendship advice, but it sounds really one-sided from here.

Part Three:Oh my god that is terrible.

I have no words.  I have no words.  I have absolutely no words.

I wish I had something comforting to say here, but that got me feeling morose.  And angry.  But mostly morose.  *hugs*

I can't help but wonder what would have happened to me if I was in that situation.  I could very well have been in your shoes.  I know I had this argument with a fourth grade teacher over whether squares were rectangles...

But yeah.  That really sucks.  Wish I could do anything more than empathize.

Part Four: :(
That sucks.

I don't really know what else to say.  I mean, I would say I appreciate you, but honestly I feel like if I did it would be just...Formulaic?  But I do appreciate you.

Part Five:
Family:Yeah, family can be...Painful, sometimes.  Even the good ones.  I don't know what else to say.

Jobs:Everybody ends up doing the massive number of job applications.  Keep pushing on.  Unless you mean literal hundreds, in which case, that is terrible and terrifying.

Again I find myself stymied on what advice to give, but...Hey.  Things will get better, if you keep pushing on.  Just hold on to that.
Sigtext

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #106761 on: August 15, 2016, 05:39:58 pm »

I made a bad joke that resulted in other people posting bad jokes. Now OW got banned. :c
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106762 on: August 15, 2016, 05:43:01 pm »

It am not your fault.

But yes, that is my Sad for this morning, too. :c
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106763 on: August 15, 2016, 10:48:40 pm »

That is sad.  I wish it hadn't happened.
Sigtext

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #106764 on: August 15, 2016, 11:10:12 pm »

I got a message.

Also,
I made a bad joke that resulted in other people posting bad jokes. Now OW got banned. :c
what happened and why do I think that I know where it happened? D:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 11:12:36 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #106765 on: August 16, 2016, 12:22:52 am »

what happened and why do I think that I know where it happened? D:

He told the most dangerous joke in the world, a ww2 invention that was supposed to turn the tide of the war. Everything is downstream from there
Check the joke at ypur peril!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #106766 on: August 16, 2016, 04:56:12 am »

Facebook feeds always have depressing shit in them, saw one article about a kid who committed suicide cause he was getting bullied and socially excluded.  Genuinely heartbreaking. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106767 on: August 16, 2016, 07:23:12 am »

Quote from: Steam
Tack: Hi
Orange Wizard: ay
Tack: Wee need to break up

T_T
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106768 on: August 16, 2016, 07:24:51 am »

I'm kind of sad for OW. Didn't really knew the guy but he was always all over the forum and enjoyed some of his posts. Did he got permabanned?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106769 on: August 16, 2016, 07:41:39 am »

Quote from: Steam
Tack: Hi
Orange Wizard: ay
Tack: Wee need to break up

T_T

I sure hope you're not doing this over him being banned on Bay12.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister
Pages: 1 ... 7116 7117 [7118] 7119 7120 ... 8167