Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7114 7115 [7116] 7117 7118 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9450107 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #106725 on: August 14, 2016, 05:00:29 am »

For the past few days I've been waking up feeling like somebody punched me really hard in the left shoulder, then twisted all the muscles around. Imagine tangled earphones except it's inside your body.

One friend of mine is losing their house because their landlord is a scumbag. Another discovered that their boyfriend of 2.5 years has been unfaithful for 2 of those years, mere weeks after giving up everything to move in with them. It makes me sad, and angry, and angrier that I can't do anything, and even angrier at the fact that I probably could do something if I weren't a useless manchild.

I've been repeating a mantra to myself whenever I feel like quitting my job, or cancelling an appointment or exploding with anger on somebody, or doing something else drastic that would only cause more problems. It's starting to sound stupid and not work anymore.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #106726 on: August 14, 2016, 05:39:06 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Your parents desperately need to know what a clinical depression is. They wouldn't tell you to just grow up if you had pneumonia, and yet, depression is somehow something that one can magically will oneself out of. Spoiler warning: It very rarely is. Tell them to go read about it. They probably don't realize it, but depression is SERIOUS, and is basically codename "robbed of all joy in life". I think i'd rather go through pneumonia than depression, because at least pneumonia doesn't fuck with my brain and will pass after a few weeks. Depression... Not so much. I've witnessed the change a guy underwent after he finally lost his depression after years, and holy shit it scares me to think that the onset of depression was the opposite of that.

Seriously, i think your parents are only acting as they do because they don't know how serious it is. They probably just think it's the classic "young people wangst" where them youngin's cry about how their smartphone only lasts for 3 hours. On a scale of badness from 1 to 10 where the former example is a 1, depression is a 128, and that's not even too much of an exaggeration. :/
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #106727 on: August 14, 2016, 05:58:07 am »

because at least pneumonia doesn't fuck with my brain and will pass after a few week
Well, unless it kills you and/or end up with long term symptoms, I guess...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106728 on: August 14, 2016, 06:06:14 am »

gj mentioning that to a self-professed hypochondriac. :P

But yeah... depression sucks.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #106729 on: August 14, 2016, 07:47:34 am »

PARDON ME WHILE I EXPLODE FROM PSYCHOSOMATIC DOOM CANCER

Let's just say that i'm glad that we have free health care in danishland. :v

because at least pneumonia doesn't fuck with my brain and will pass after a few week
Well, unless it kills you and/or end up with long term symptoms, I guess...
Now obviously i wouldn't want pneumonia if i can avoid it, and i know that it kills a LOT of people every year, but since i'm a young and reasonably healthy dude (i'm actually rarely sick), i wouldn't be too worried about dying if i happened to get it. Mind you, i'm saying this as a former asthmatic (i outgrew my asthma, hooray), so i know how much it sucks to be unable to breathe properly. Thing is, with physical sickness, you're bedridden for a while, and then you can resume your life (... if you survive without lasting damage). With depression, you're physically just as capable as before, but... Well, look at how Gamedragon is feeling. It might not be a traditional disease like flu, but it absolutely should not be dismissed (not saying that you do, of course), especially not by parents.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #106730 on: August 14, 2016, 05:37:06 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106731 on: August 14, 2016, 11:47:24 pm »

i accidentally set fire to a pan of grease on my stove which resulted in the entire kitchen being destroyed and my dog dying
Black lives matter.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106732 on: August 14, 2016, 11:48:46 pm »

:o Holy crap! Are you injured?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 11:51:09 pm by BorkBorkGoesTheCode »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106733 on: August 14, 2016, 11:56:59 pm »

So, had a lot of stuff that's been going on. Feel like I'm running in one giant circle and I'm tired of dealing with this shit, but I'm just going to go about the next month or so getting on track trying to do things differently and learn from my mistakes and make progress on the account of clarity and mental health, because quite honestly I'm tired of holding my pride too close consciously or subconsciously to be able to help myself do things different. The definition of insanity is, after all, doing the same thing over and over...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106734 on: August 14, 2016, 11:59:02 pm »

Black lives matter.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #106735 on: August 15, 2016, 12:11:24 am »

i accidentally set fire to a pan of grease on my stove which resulted in the entire kitchen being destroyed and my dog dying
Holy shit man. I've had grease fires but they didn't get that bad. That's awful.

Sorry about your dog. :C
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106736 on: August 15, 2016, 12:13:53 am »

it wouldn't have been so bad if i had actually noticed it before it was several feet tall
Black lives matter.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106737 on: August 15, 2016, 12:18:26 am »

Don't punish yourself. It won't help.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106738 on: August 15, 2016, 12:21:25 am »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Black lives matter.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #106739 on: August 15, 2016, 12:26:02 am »

Damn, sb. Good you're alright, but sucks it happened. Least you're still alive and can learn from it. And yeah, condolences on your pet. That has got to feel like shit :-\

Was it just not paying attention or somethin'? S'been what started a few in this house this year, if none of that magnitude.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 7114 7115 [7116] 7117 7118 ... 8167