Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7113 7114 [7115] 7116 7117 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9449948 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #106710 on: August 13, 2016, 01:17:51 pm »

Kenny Baker, better known as R2D2, has passed away :c
*sad beeping sound*

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106711 on: August 13, 2016, 01:36:19 pm »

Kenny Baker, better known as R2D2, has passed away :c

He's astromeching it up in the afterlife, now.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #106712 on: August 13, 2016, 02:53:54 pm »

It shouldn't amuse me so much that we all know him for that one role in which he didn't appear on screen or do any talking.

Apparently the film crew pasted pictures of tits all 'round the inside of the costume while they were filming.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106713 on: August 13, 2016, 07:58:25 pm »

:(
Caroline: That sounds totally horrible.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #106714 on: August 13, 2016, 08:13:18 pm »

Float an email to a nearby embassy and try for asylum/refugee status? If you don't have access to functioning child services it could be an option. Long shot, but it wouldn't hurt to try if you can make the contact without observation. Alternately see if there's any abuse support groups you can contact -- there may be possibilities you're not aware of.

And for what it's worth, anger is definitely an appropriate emotion. Maybe not a safe one, but your parents frankly deserve prison or the morgue.

Application wise... try. Just try. Know it's basically terrifying as hell, but even if you fuck up somewhere it can still get through. I screwed up on some myself, but still got in -- the non-secret is that they want either your money, the funding they'll get for having you, and/or the possibility of an appreciative alumni. There's a lot of incentives for a university to enroll someone that's applying. If you've got a particular one in mind you might even consider getting in contact with their financial aid/administration and let them know about the situation you're in, if you can on the down low. It's far from impossible that you qualify for some sort of scholarship or grant specifically intended to get students out of abusive homes. There's definitely stuff of that nature out there.

You don't deserve what you're going through, c. Y'really don't, and your parents are bloody scum of about the worst sort. Wish I could actually help, but other than probably being able to get you cheap/free housing for a while if you ended up in north florida, not much c'n offer besides probably unhelpful advice and sympathy :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106715 on: August 13, 2016, 08:30:59 pm »

I'm very unknowledgable about these things and the particular situation makes me hesitant to comment because I might say something wrong, but just stay strong, hang in there, have faith, and have hope. I can't give practical advice about this, but the least I can do is tell you that despite how hard it may be, you need to have hope.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106716 on: August 13, 2016, 09:20:49 pm »

@Caroline:
I'm very unknowledgable about these things and the particular situation makes me hesitant to comment because I might say something wrong, but just stay strong, hang in there, have faith, and have hope. I can't give practical advice about this, but the least I can do is tell you that despite how hard it may be, you need to have hope.
I can say no more than this, and what Frumple said.  I wish I could help...

Wait, college applications?
That, I can help with.

Do the Common Application or some similar meta-application.  It's one thing, and then some universities might want, like, a paragraph or two on top, depending on where and what, but it's much less hassle.  It was a lifesaver when I was doing the things you are now.

====

*mourns the passing of R2-D2...*

====
@JoshuaFH:
-
*hugs*
If it's still bothering you, whatever it was, my inbox is open.  I can't promise I'll be useful, but I'll try.

====
@Gamedragon:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Stay strong, man. We're rooting for you.
*hugs*
You can do this.

====
@Skyrunner:
:(
Hope you feel better soon.
====
@Shook:I go to college Tuesday and I keep doing the exact same thing with the not-going-to-sleep :v

You're not alone, but I know you can do it, a'ight?

Good luck.
====
@Caroline, again:
I know I already said something earlier in this post but I feel like I should say something more.  You are an amazing person, and no matter where you go, you will do well.  I believe in you.  And I also second Frumple's advice.
====
@everyone else:
First off, *unconditional hugs*
Second...Sorry if I missed you, I don't intend to miss anyone's post.  If you want to, you can drop me a PM, or repost, or just, say something, and I'll try to take a look.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 09:44:29 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #106717 on: August 13, 2016, 11:34:58 pm »

Robbed again.  Someone took our Wii U, and all the games and peripherals with it.  Can't find anything else out of place at all.

We have renter's insurance now.  Hopefully, they'll cover it.

2nd time in two years.  First time, I shrugged it off pretty easily.  Nothing too important to me was taken, and my reaction was "Something like this happens to everybody eventually."  Still not too personally effected by what was taken.  My kids will be upset, but not the end of the world for them, either.  I'm just pissed off that it's happened again so soon.  We're definitely getting some security.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106718 on: August 13, 2016, 11:41:14 pm »

Piss off the mafia lately? (serious)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 11:46:19 pm by BorkBorkGoesTheCode »

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106719 on: August 13, 2016, 11:43:26 pm »

At least you're okay, but yeah, that really sucks.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #106720 on: August 13, 2016, 11:57:59 pm »

Piss off the mafia lately? (serious)

I can't think of anybody I piss off, except one bully at the office.  Just a middle-aged lady who's terminally bored and addicted to creating drama.  Don't know anyone who I'd suspect of having connections to any criminal scene beyond some small-time marijuana stuff maybe.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106721 on: August 14, 2016, 12:00:53 am »

They stole your Puu? That's just sick, man.

Seriously though, that sucks. Sorry to hear that. It'd be pretty horrible to know one's personal space had been invaded like that. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106722 on: August 14, 2016, 12:19:31 am »

^
It really sucks bad.  :( Hope it doesn't happen again, and you get something back without problems.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #106723 on: August 14, 2016, 04:29:56 am »

Caroline:  :-\ I'm sorry you've got to deal with all that, you're life seems to be filled with some ridiculous levels of bullshit.

It'd be pretty horrible to know one's personal space had been invaded like that. :(
Yeah, this. I hope everything works out for you.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #106724 on: August 14, 2016, 04:51:56 am »

I don't even know why I'm posting this
Because you're subconsciously longing for us to tell you to talk to someone.

In all seriousness though, please do talk to someone. If there's no-one suitable IRL you're welcome to PM me or someone else on the forum (they'll volunteer now that I've brought it up).
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 7113 7114 [7115] 7116 7117 ... 8167