Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7105 7106 [7107] 7108 7109 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446004 times)

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #106590 on: August 07, 2016, 11:52:24 pm »

Yeah, the new movies are OK action movies, but that was never the appeal of Star Trek IMO. Don't have a problem with people liking it, they are just not for me. I suppose they succeeded at being what the TNG movies failed to be.

He is much more suited to the new Star Wars movies though IMO. The Nostalgia-exploitation in VII was a bit much for me, but now that the idea of a new Star Wars movie is not novel, I have higher hopes for the future movies.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #106591 on: August 08, 2016, 12:03:30 am »

So the cat's just gonna come prod at me for attention while I'm trying to sleep, then she missteps and starts sliding off the bed, desperately claws out to avoid this and slashes my damn groin.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106592 on: August 08, 2016, 12:28:07 am »

HugoLuman has been struck down.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #106593 on: August 08, 2016, 01:04:18 am »

I accidentally applied tiger balm instead of antibiotic ointment to the wound.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #106594 on: August 08, 2016, 02:07:28 am »

The horror!
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #106595 on: August 08, 2016, 02:13:13 am »

I think the Death Planet was by far the main mistake of the new Star Wars. It was already ridiculous how they repeated it in VI, I have no idea how anyone could have thought repeating the exact same plot again would satisfy anyone.

Apart from that thing, or rather I should say in spite of that thong, I really liked the film, however. Both in itself and as a star wars movie.
Love, scriver~

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #106596 on: August 08, 2016, 02:16:10 am »

Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #106597 on: August 08, 2016, 02:26:08 am »

in spite of that thong

Yeah a part of me really hoped that wasn't a typo.  This should be an actual saying.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #106598 on: August 08, 2016, 04:16:13 am »

People were spreading extremely bad rumors about me behind my back on the bus all of Thursday and Friday. I had my earphones in and was trying to ignore them. They ripped the earphones out of my ears a couple of times. I opened a Crosh terminal (black background) and caught the particular person who did it without looking around or them knowing.

I start singing an old Russian folk song I was learning really soft just to distract myself from them and it devolved to the point where I turned around and said "Devushki plachut" to them, which translates directly to "The girls are crying" They started yelling at me to speak in English, so I started throwing in other parts of the song. I ended up switching to Japanese.

Today (Monday) they mainly left me alone, but some of the bastards had the nerve to call my mum and tell her I was swearing in Russian on the bus. I found this amusing, considering the basterds were spreading rumors about me (saying I was gay (I'm not), calling me Chinese (Also not; I'm Australian) and telling me to "go back to where I came from, slanty-eye") Also, I wasn't even swearing on the bus. The worst I said was in Japanese, "Shinde Kudasai" (Die, please). I guess not too many people know Japanese on my bus.

TL;DR: Fuck 50 minute bus trips to and from school.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #106599 on: August 08, 2016, 04:23:13 am »

"Die, please" is far too nice a thing to say to asses like that.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #106600 on: August 08, 2016, 04:27:18 am »

Oh, this bit was golden (and came from my mum, no less): "You're at an age now where you can be charged! You can't do shit like this!" Right, mum. Sure. Charged for reciting (badly) and butchering a Russian folk song (Polyushka Polye, for those who know it), and insulting people in Japanese for spreading terrible rumors about myself.

i didn't say any of that because I've been taught not to backchat and backchatting has never worked out well for me.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #106601 on: August 08, 2016, 05:17:04 am »

in spite of that thong

Yeah a part of me really hoped that wasn't a typo.  This should be an actual saying.

Episode VII really would've only benefited from more thongs in general.
Love, scriver~

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #106602 on: August 08, 2016, 05:47:01 am »

Today was actually going not too badly until I got home and started crying to myself.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #106603 on: August 08, 2016, 07:33:13 am »

Oh.... I think you probably mistook their pent-up admission of love....

;D
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 07:35:58 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #106604 on: August 08, 2016, 07:34:52 am »

i didn't say any of that because I've been taught not to backchat and backchatting has never worked out well for me.
I always find a good bit of snark to be very enjoyable
Pages: 1 ... 7105 7106 [7107] 7108 7109 ... 8167