Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7100 7101 [7102] 7103 7104 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9441649 times)

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #106515 on: August 04, 2016, 06:14:24 am »

Cant get control over biting my lips habit still.
Also dont have willpower to work out,reeeeee.
Oh hey! Someone else who bites their lip! How are you lip-biting brethren?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #106516 on: August 04, 2016, 06:17:57 am »

Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #106517 on: August 04, 2016, 09:05:57 am »

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106518 on: August 04, 2016, 10:43:51 am »

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106519 on: August 04, 2016, 11:17:53 am »

Guys I think Gamedragon gets the idea the 30th time.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106520 on: August 04, 2016, 11:22:26 am »

GD, I still suggest you to try the helpline if you don't want to talk to your family or school counselor. If you didn't like the first person you talked with on the helpline remember that they have several. The next one might be better (to you).

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #106521 on: August 04, 2016, 01:01:21 pm »

Guys I think Gamedragon gets the idea the 30th time.
That's uncertain. The thing with these things is when one's actions--considering coping mechanisms, may become negative and then lead into maladaptive behavior.

Gamedragon, please listen--the feelings of terror that are unexplainable in talking to your parents or mental health professional are not reasonable or logical to follow to consider NOT TELLING ANYONE. Consider that if one won't be telling their parents, who are in a position to aid--or otherwise physically, this can then apply to basically anyone (or at least, personally, given the culture here being family-centric). If you have the power to write it down here, please address and go for people there.

This is imperative if you consider your thoughts to be literally as they are, because they aren't, if they begin advocating self-harm. One thing with these thoughts are that they can be intrusive ones.
One of the teachers noticed that I haven't been acting myself for the past month or so so I can't be hiding it that well
Do not hide it. Seek aid. There is no shame or dishonor in presenting that you need help, there is nothing wrong with letting others know what you're going through in a way for mutual communication to occur; that is the path of strength because it overcomes the impressionism that hinders a person, personally. That's where you work with yourself first and foremost, in your thoughts and mind.

Point being, there are a lot of indicators within your posts that speak of anxiety, but also of a fear of talking about it. That won't help you; consider those who did go for help, assess think about these things before even concluding that they're something to act upon.
Especially if it's not based on empirical knowledge. Please don't delve further in negative thinking. Speak to friends about it. But in the end, get help for what you're going through. Avoidance behavior (ie I won't tell anyone and I guess my actions justify the means to an end) along with coping behaviors in that sense will hurt more than help.
Counsellors are a lucky dip and it sucks. My counsellor was a bit too soft for my liking, although in hindsight I probably looked for any excuse to avoid her.
Still, it is a very good thing to have someone you can blah all this stuff out to in person, especially in secret.

One lol' bit of advice- avoid discussing the self-harm until you've seen them enough to be super comfortable and candid. They're allowed to break confidentiality if you're a danger to yourself, so I'd suggest only letting the remaining cats from the bag once you're sure they're on your side (and don't trust your first instinct with that either. Some really are shit and Will tell parents, although the rest are ok).
Incomplete and possibly misunderstood statement there.
Please do note that these things have a process in definite situations; they're allowed to break confidentiality if you present a danger to your own self-preservation due to actions undergoing that pattern, in which a pattern is generally a repetitive behavior. Being very general with these things in a non-specific manner creates impressions that may hinder more than help because of how the idea is presented, worded, and given as suggestions. Beware making suggestions like that without noting the consequences of such a suggestion--especially very general ones without follow-up knowledge. (because these have the danger of leaving the person half-full, otherwise at a loss of information due to only having incomplete information). Even if the person considers self-harm, there's the gray zone in which confidentiality is still maintained. It's not something to discuss in this situation because the priority is to first seek and continue along with aid.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #106522 on: August 04, 2016, 01:10:29 pm »

I went to my Grandma's funeral today.

It was sad but in the end I'm glad I went, I wish I had gotten to know her better but there's no point worrying about that now. I hope she's happy, wherever she is now.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106523 on: August 04, 2016, 01:36:21 pm »

My condolences, Kansa...  At least you went.

Either I'm a super lightweight, or drinking on an empty stomach is MUCH worse than I realised.
It's much cheaper, though... :P
Yeah was gonna mention this.  It hits a lot faster and harder, which can be useful if you're just trying to get drunk.  Which I mean...  I don't know...  I certainly enjoy being a bit drunk, but I hate overdoing it.  And it's really easy to overdo it because there are so many factors, and it's hard to gauge them once you're in the thick of it.  And then I end up saying or posting stupid things :/

My friends are awesome.  They don't need me to drink, I don't need to drink around them, we often drink in moderation.  A little goes such a long way in good company.  Last night I didn't drink at all (they did) and still had a blast at tabletop.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106524 on: August 04, 2016, 01:54:59 pm »

It was sad but in the end I'm glad I went, I wish I had gotten to know her better but there's no point worrying about that now. I hope she's happy, wherever she is now.
I'm sorry for your loss.

*hugs*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #106525 on: August 04, 2016, 06:00:22 pm »

Warframe is great.

The Warframe feedback forums are... Less so.

And by less so, I mean this:

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106526 on: August 04, 2016, 06:13:06 pm »

"C'est la vie, say the old ones, just goes to show you never can tell."
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #106527 on: August 04, 2016, 10:45:23 pm »

My condolences, it seems good that you went to the funeral, at least.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #106528 on: August 05, 2016, 06:11:57 am »

:-\ Mmm.
Context is really important--that's why anyone refrains from really getting into these kinds of things and instead asks to suggest you towards professionals. (Because 'psychologizing' isn't really something to be done despite good intentions :P). Despite that, get help, and talk to your parents. You won't know what'll happen despite having an impression of what'll happen (unless context does mention that this will be the case; either way, still go for it because this is a personal/familial thing).

That, or use what aid is present to you. :) That reaction isn't going to be common in those you'll seek help from.

I probably can't detect if I'm really that tired unless certain things are seen. That or I'm unused to stress? T_T
* Tiruin mistypes a lot and makes certain words when those aren't the words that should be typed.
Argh I've written down mundane objects instead of verbs how many times. :I
(That and other matters alongside current ongoings but those aren't for this thread T~T)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106529 on: August 05, 2016, 06:29:07 am »

Argh I've written down mundane objects instead of verbs how many times. :I

Bathos springs sudden
From your winsome well wishes
Refrigerator
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 06:32:14 am by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 7100 7101 [7102] 7103 7104 ... 8167