Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7096 7097 [7098] 7099 7100 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9438100 times)

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #106455 on: August 01, 2016, 02:10:12 am »

I'm out because I ran out during this trip. My folks, who came up to join me and the rest a couple days ago, were going to bring a refill, but apparently the prescription wasn't ready, despite what the doctor said.
Any idea when you're going to get more? Not having medication when you need it can't be fun.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #106456 on: August 01, 2016, 02:19:19 am »

I'm an arrogant little shit actually.
>puts posts in spoilers
>demeans himself
>"arrogant"

you keep using that word, i do not think it means what you think it means

The problem with doing something is that it feels pretty hard to want to do anything at the moment. I've tried reading too, what's been happening is that I'll be reading and something will distract me slightly and make me think about how I hate myself. After that the words just blend together.
sounds like depression to me

I just feel like I'm putting on a mask at the moment. I put it on whenever I step outside of my room and don't take it off until I'm by myself again. I feel like it's sapping my energy. Mum was getting angry at me earlier today for "being grumpy just for the sake of it" and it was pretty hard to not just yell and scream at her about how I hate myself and want to die, etc. I've been feeling pretty shit these past few weeks and it doesn't seem to be getting any better.
okay yeah

drop the "i'm arrogant, my problems aren't important" shit because it's flagrantly untrue and not doing you any good

talk to a therapist if you can

or pm someone on the bay twelves if you're desperate
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106457 on: August 01, 2016, 02:33:12 am »

So tired. Stayed up last night in hopes of cleaning the room I have for rent in time for someone to inspect it today and barely got any of it done. Then today I had to work, starting at 10, and I had to get up early to have a bath beforehand, because the shower drain at my place is blocked with gods-know-what. I dread to think.

Bear in mind, I didn't have any bubblebath.
That's right, a bath with no bubbles. Not the first, either. Is it any wonder I've been feeling so depressed lately?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #106458 on: August 01, 2016, 02:38:42 am »

Two job offers I had fell through. One of them because I took too long getting back to them due to waiting on the other one.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106459 on: August 01, 2016, 02:39:13 am »

For this reason you need to set up that alarm and limit whatever you've decided to do to one or two hours tops. The trick is in making yourself to do something do that you cant avoid doing, that, even if for just very briefly, disconnects your thoughts from your depression/issues and gives you feeling of accomplishment or captivation. You may not yet know what works which is why you just need to try something.

See, you've already asked for help here. Writing to people here was the step one in helping yourself. Step two is helping yourself in the physical world. Are you in Sydney? I used to know someone there. If you dont want to decide yourself, maybe people here in B12 can find you something cheap or free to do out of your home. That is, if you dont want to see a psychiatric and get help that way yet, be it just talk or meds. I'd recommend talking to a professional any way but you can try supplementing professional help by yourself.

edit: and yeah drop the "my issues arent important" bs.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 02:41:18 am by Erkki »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #106460 on: August 01, 2016, 02:42:40 am »

STOP PUTTING ENTIRE SAD THREAD POSTS IN SPOILERS

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #106461 on: August 01, 2016, 03:11:07 am »

STOP PUTTING ENTIRE SAD THREAD POSTS IN SPOILERS
Okay.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106462 on: August 01, 2016, 06:35:06 am »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #106463 on: August 01, 2016, 06:52:01 am »

It's kind of hard to not think you're arrogant when people constantly tell you that your arrogant.
Caving to peer pressure is a sign of low self-esteem

Part of the problem with talking to a therapist might be the fact that I've got a ridiculous amount of pride and see asking for any sort of help as a failure.
That's normal, actually, most people don't like asking for help if they think they can do something themselves

Thing is that if you do have depression (and as someone who has had it, it definitely sounds like you do) then you 100% need to address it before shit gets serious

As to my habit of using spoilers I don't know if I can stop it all that easily. I've tried to stop before but go straight back to it. It makes me feel safer/better for some weird and probably dumb reason.
If you like it then w/e I guess, just be aware that sad thread IS FOR BEING SAD and it's kinda pointless to hide your sadposts in the sadthread
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106464 on: August 01, 2016, 09:50:34 am »

I have a recurring infection in my mouth. Basically, the soft tissue of my gum wells up with pus and bursts. It's extremely painful and every time I get it, I get sicker than the last. This time, I have been so ill with it I've been sleeping 20 hours a day. I'm worried I'll die if it hits again.

I'm having some tests done, so maybe there's no cause for panic, but still. This is very unpleasant.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #106465 on: August 01, 2016, 09:55:26 am »

the story goes that a unique tree (that lived for around several generations+) has died because of a fungus, and has been declared completely dead due to how fast it progressed--initial signs of that influence were as far as from early February of 2016. Last few paragraphs cover that it has been decided to stay in its current state for posterity, planning to be removed in the next 40+ years as it deteriorates naturally.
Yeah. It was a very iconic tree at my home city. One of the few giant sequoias in the Iberian peninsula.

In better days:

I think it was badly neglected for years, in my opinion. It's a shame such a tree was kept in such a small space.

There are other ancients in a park nearby, no sequoiae, unfortunately
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 12:56:53 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #106466 on: August 02, 2016, 01:52:13 am »

I had all my classes picked out for this term: a nice music class to pick up a skill, some bio to tickle my brain and an online class so I can have some days off. It meshes perfectly with my schedule and knocks out a shitton of requirements for my transfer degree.

It's one credit short of full time, which means hundreds of dollars less financial aid. And I need every cent of that to survive only working weekends.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #106467 on: August 02, 2016, 01:54:19 am »

My bank changed the time they process automatic payments. Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but it means that my board was going to be paid before, rather than after, my benefit payment. Board payment failed twice due to insufficient funds, bank charged a dishonour fee, now I have negative money. RIP.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106468 on: August 02, 2016, 05:29:51 am »

I had all my classes picked out for this term: a nice music class to pick up a skill, some bio to tickle my brain and an online class so I can have some days off. It meshes perfectly with my schedule and knocks out a shitton of requirements for my transfer degree.

It's one credit short of full time, which means hundreds of dollars less financial aid. And I need every cent of that to survive only working weekends.
I've never posted this or pm'ed you about it but you really impress me itisnotlogical, you come across (to me at least) as a really tough individual who has to go through stuff they don't deserve. I really do hope that you're able to sort all this bullshit out.

My bank changed the time they process automatic payments. Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but it means that my board was going to be paid before, rather than after, my benefit payment. Board payment failed twice due to insufficient funds, bank charged a dishonour fee, now I have negative money. RIP.
I don't actually know how banks work but is there anyway you could talk to them, explain and sort something out?

« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 05:48:43 am by Gamedragon »

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106469 on: August 02, 2016, 06:18:07 am »

Okay Gamedragon. Ditch the rest of the help attempts and tell someone. Now.
Pages: 1 ... 7096 7097 [7098] 7099 7100 ... 8167