Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7095 7096 [7097] 7098 7099 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9438134 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #106440 on: July 30, 2016, 12:20:47 pm »

I just got shouted at and called several names by somebody because I thought it was really, really weird that Ohio made a version of animal (pet) cruelty a felony on the 1st time.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ohio-to-make-first-offense-pet-cruelty-a-felony-with-goddards-law-211516888.html

I am now apparently a horrible person.... [sigh].

No, this is why logic instead of feelings needs to be the guiding stone. It's about real context and comparisons. This is what's missing today.... Compare and contrast. Generally, assaulting a person is a misdemeanor (1st time depending on damage). Moreover, generally, domestic violence is a misdemeanor the first time (or two, it depends). What I think wasn't understood is that I'm not saying people should beat up on fluffy or fido....

I'm saying you shouldn't get more punished for kicking the dog than punching your wife....

Think about this as if you were a jerk, it's a felony to kick the dog and a misdemeanor to hit the wife. If you believe penalties deter crime and harsher penalties deter crime more than light ones.... What does that imply? I don't like kicking dogs; I also don't like punching wives. I am, at first blush afraid it sends the wrong message, that society is more upset when a dog is hit than a human being.... Neither should be hit, generally.

So for a while I suppose I have somebody else saying I'm a monster who hates animals. Nopes, not true.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #106441 on: July 30, 2016, 12:27:56 pm »

No, this is why logic instead of feelings needs to be the guiding stone. It's about real context and comparisons. This is what's missing today.... Compare and contrast.
Umph >_< reminds me of how many times emotion ruled over logic because training works alongside there, and how many times contrast and comparison over context is used to make a point (wherein it shouldn't, because those are only to illustrate perspective and such; context is important). But also how you communicate is just as important.
Hope you're doing well there, as well as all the other folks here and there.

Maybe they misunderstood because of how they understood it. ._.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #106442 on: July 30, 2016, 02:44:51 pm »

Momma cat got run over. She has four kittens left behind. They're old enough I guess, but still...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #106443 on: July 30, 2016, 03:56:40 pm »

Momma cat got run over. She has four kittens left behind. They're old enough I guess, but still...
:(

I found out my grandfolk's cat passed away. She broke her leg and could no longer eat, and had to be put down. Wish someone had told me sooner
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #106444 on: July 30, 2016, 08:08:19 pm »

Tried to comfort a friend on Bay12. Flubbed completely at it.

Where's Tiruin when you need her. Can I steal your power of not being a terrible person that make people feel bad?
What's important is that you tried, right?

We got rid of the little puppy. Now we have 0 dogs. I would've appreciated being able to say goodbye to her before she left.

Fucking stupid feelings.
I cried for hours the last time that we had to put a dog down, it felt pretty fucking shitty.

Truean: I agree with you completely on that.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106445 on: July 30, 2016, 09:22:37 pm »

@Gamedragon:

@Truean:That is strange.  :v
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 09:24:28 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106446 on: July 30, 2016, 11:10:34 pm »

Me and a coworker were talking about old nostalgic games.  I mentioned Shining Force.  And I found out they are still making shining force games!   I got all hyped!  I copied the link for a trailer (because whitelist vpn can't go to youtube while working) and brought it up and....

Well....

So is this actually shining force?  If so I am very very sad.  I see mention of "Shining Series" but last I checked Shining force was a TBS game with centaur and birdmen and Peter.   Noone forgets Peter.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #106447 on: July 31, 2016, 07:16:18 am »

Shining Force was part of the larger Shining series, which spanned every genre available in the 16-bit era. The most recent TBS game was Shining Force Feather for the DS, but it is Japan-only. Shining Force III was released for the Saturn in three volumes from 1997-1998, but only the first was released in the US.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106448 on: July 31, 2016, 10:26:57 am »

Ok I feel much better now.   Still with that came out here though.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106449 on: July 31, 2016, 11:45:27 am »

By no means am I an expert of any kind but if you have felt this way for a long time now, it may not be just something that has happened or general disappointment about yourself, but clinical depression.

You probably would like to see suggestions on more concrete help. I could give a try. Try to accomplish something; it doesnt need to be anything big or difficult, just something you do yourself that you can be happy about. You could study something, build or assemble something, sports you havent tried before or done in a while, fix that hole in your old jeans. Or cook something yourself. Something that takes just an hour or two can be enough, I know it has helped me. Of course the feeling of success will be temporary, but maybe you'll find out how you can feel good about yourself.

This could sound a bit cruel but being passive likely will not help things. You could read a book too, but don't watch TV, IMHO while a good book can be captivating, TV and movies most of the time make (me) passive. Once you've decided what to do, immediately set up an alarm in your phone so you cant conveniently "forget" about it. Or start doing it immediately.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106451 on: July 31, 2016, 09:57:52 pm »

After just 2 days without my prescribed psychiatric medication, I'm feeling a surge of anxiety. This time predominantly in the form of "I've done something wrong and am being judged for it and no one will tell me what it is."

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #106453 on: July 31, 2016, 11:16:43 pm »

http://www.elcorreo.com/alava/araba/201410/06/informe-revela-gran-secuoya-20141002203044.html   :'(
I don't speak Swahili, sorry
You can translate the page with the help of Google Translate :P That's what happened to me and the story goes that a unique tree (that lived for around several generations+) has died because of a fungus, and has been declared completely dead due to how fast it progressed--initial signs of that influence were as far as from early February of 2016. Last few paragraphs cover that it has been decided to stay in its current state for posterity, planning to be removed in the next 40+ years as it deteriorates naturally.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106454 on: July 31, 2016, 11:19:38 pm »

I'm out because I ran out during this trip. My folks, who came up to join me and the rest a couple days ago, were going to bring a refill, but apparently the prescription wasn't ready, despite what the doctor said.
Pages: 1 ... 7095 7096 [7097] 7098 7099 ... 8167