Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7088 7089 [7090] 7091 7092 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9431128 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #106335 on: July 23, 2016, 01:52:46 pm »

>a couple of women be nice to me, and a couple of men be civil

Tiny gender disparity there.
Not that I can entirely complain.

>what is between your ears will matter much more than what is between your legs.

Yeah, when the Red Menace Rises Again!!
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #106336 on: July 23, 2016, 02:17:25 pm »

So looks like an extra annoying step has been added to steams trading card thing. Y'know that thing where you can sell off the useless faff that steam floods your inbox with when you get achievements and such?
Well now you have to confirm EVERY. GODDAMN. ONE. In your email. For fucks sake I wasn't bothering with it for months and now they give me another reason to not take the free money.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106337 on: July 23, 2016, 03:25:32 pm »

Truean:
Hate email from here?

surprisingly coherent rage intensifies
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #106338 on: July 23, 2016, 03:39:25 pm »

I don't know what to say anymore.

Cinder, STOP DISMISSING YOURSELF.
He's one of the Chandrian. Show him no pity
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106339 on: July 23, 2016, 03:40:54 pm »

Hey Caz :< I've a PMbox full of your PMs that I would love to respond to. I'm sorry for not responding on time in a timely manner. Thanks for caring with those PMs. That goes to all the PMs in there from many folks.

Heh, don't worry about it. Hope you're well.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #106340 on: July 23, 2016, 04:05:57 pm »

Seemingly everywhere, but it referenced that conversation / thread and the timing.... I don't really wanna get into it lest I tempt the wrath of the interwebs.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #106341 on: July 23, 2016, 04:21:27 pm »

Anyway, I'm weak-willed as fuck.
I doubt that's actually true, but oh man do i know the feeling. I barely even have the willpower to do what i like in spite of comparatively mild anxiety, even in the complete absence of "dangers". Mild discomfort is all it takes to deter any action from me (why be uncomfortable doing things when i can be comfortable not doing them??), unless it's something i HAVE to do. I choose to believe that it's because it takes a gorillion willpower units to keep the anxiety in check, because what other excuse do i have for being so bad at life that i can't even follow my own dreams? :I
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106342 on: July 23, 2016, 04:32:21 pm »

[...], unless it's something i HAVE to do. [...]

This is actually the operative phrase. The difference between a strong-willed and weak-willed person is in how many things they internalize as HAVING to do.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #106343 on: July 23, 2016, 04:51:18 pm »

Anyway, I'm weak-willed as fuck.
I doubt that's actually true, but oh man do i know the feeling. I barely even have the willpower to do what i like in spite of comparatively mild anxiety, even in the complete absence of "dangers". Mild discomfort is all it takes to deter any action from me (why be uncomfortable doing things when i can be comfortable not doing them??), unless it's something i HAVE to do. I choose to believe that it's because it takes a gorillion willpower units to keep the anxiety in check, because what other excuse do i have for being so bad at life that i can't even follow my own dreams? :I
People have limited willpower reserves. If you constantly try to force yourself to do things, you're going to have constantly depleted willpower.

Being comfortable with discomfort helps too, I think, as does having other people around knowing about your commitment. I feel like sports is basically the training for this.

Being comfortable with treating yourself, without feeling guilty about the things you need to do, is helpful though. Respecting the 'mob,' basically. So that when it does need something, it knows it can get it, so your conscious and subconscious aren't at odds with one another.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #106344 on: July 23, 2016, 06:44:09 pm »

Ohhhh mein gott, my conscious and subconscious are all up in each others faces damn near constantly. My conscious says "i want to draw a thing", my subconscious says "you'll fuck up and people will hate you so don't do anything". I know i'm way too concerned with what others think of me (so in that sense i totally get you Cinder), but i just feel really bad about putting myself above others, like i'm inherently worth less than others and have to constantly prove that i'm worth keeping around. It's not in the "compulsive bootlicking" sense, it's more that i feel like people will reject me or i will alienate them if i don't put their needs first, which to me is a terrifying idea.

I guess the fear is more specifically that i'll end up repeating history and have people using me as a verbal punching bag by default, which is pretty much what went on in elementary school. Newcomers to the class would usually quickly learn that if you interacted with me, it would result in bullying if you were with me and inclusion if you were against me (in fact, one of my friends managed to prove that quite conclusively during a field trip to which i had called in sick, where he got them to leave him alone by falsely declaring that he didn't like me, and still stuck with me afterwards). Thankfully, some people just chose to not bother me, but still, only one new guy stuck with me and became a friend, and thus being among the scant few people who kept me from falling apart completely.

I am extremely grateful for those friends, and for all my new friends, but is it wrong of me to fear a repeat of those six years? I sometimes wonder if there's something wrong with me beyond anxiety, because letting go of that fear has so far proven to be the greatest challenge in my life. Even among established friends am i fearful of opening up, and VERY few people can claim to have seen the "unrestrained" version of me. Pretty much only my immediate family and the previously mentioned friend who proved the bullying hypothesis (... who i've since lost contact with) can say that, and even then, none of the people in my life are aware of the full extent of the damage (as evidenced when my mom expressed surprise upon hearing that i was uncomfortable in crowds, this year).

Ugh, there's almost too much to write about. Still, i try to keep a positive outlook, and much of the time i genuinely am pretty chipper. There are just times where the demons rear their ugly heads.

[...], unless it's something i HAVE to do. [...]

This is actually the operative phrase. The difference between a strong-willed and weak-willed person is in how many things they internalize as HAVING to do.
Well, in that case, i am EXTREMELY weak-willed (... or just extremely lazy, which i'm more inclined to believe). Mandatory assignments in school were not considered under the "have to" classification, but rather "forced to", which is pretty much at the bottom of my priority list. This also ties directly in with my long standing history of underperforming in almost everything related to education (i probably sound like a blowhard when i say that many teachers commented that i "have a sharp mind, so PLEASE USE IT"), at least when going solo. In groups i will of course pull my weight, but even then it's generally not much more than what's acceptable.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #106345 on: July 23, 2016, 07:14:15 pm »

Nobody sends me hate mail. I feel left out. Can I get some hate mail?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106346 on: July 23, 2016, 07:16:10 pm »

Salutations,

Here is your hate e-letter:
You will never get hate mail in your life.

You are a lovable person and quite well-liked, a combination that makes life far more traversable. And less meth-filled.

Warm Regards,
Inteuniso
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106347 on: July 23, 2016, 07:17:48 pm »

I've sent you some hate mail, so I hope you feel less left out now.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106348 on: July 23, 2016, 07:20:49 pm »

*hugs Shook*

I feel like a broken record, but if you're not talking to somebody, you should try talking to somebody.  That sounds like something you need to work through/out.

@OW:Do not ask for what ye are not prepared to receive.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #106349 on: July 23, 2016, 07:52:29 pm »

@OW:Do not ask for what ye are not prepared to receive.
Yeah Bay12's hatemail isn't very hateful. Pretty disappointing tbh
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 7088 7089 [7090] 7091 7092 ... 8167