Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7084 7085 [7086] 7087 7088 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9428897 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #106275 on: July 22, 2016, 11:31:36 am »

Why does he have to change to suit you..?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #106276 on: July 22, 2016, 11:39:42 am »

I'm not saying he has to, man! And besides, to quote: "Nevertheless. I really should do more."
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106277 on: July 22, 2016, 11:44:44 am »

-
I agree with this.

Honestly I thought I was the only one who had this line of thought about the hug thing, but I was afraid to ever bring it up because I was afraid I'd look like an ass.
I... gotta admit I feel the same. It reminds me of 1-like=1-prayer sort of thing. Just a kind of minimum-effort-but-look-how-sympathetic-I-am sort of thing. Not your intention, I'm sure, but that's how it's always seemed to me.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106278 on: July 22, 2016, 11:49:46 am »

I'm not saying he has to, man! And besides, to quote: "Nevertheless. I really should do more."
I'm reasonably sure that he's only saying that 'cause you brought up that what he was doing was empty.

I think some folk just post here for acknowledgement more than anything else. At the very least, that's what TBF offers. What more can be do? He's one person, and it's not his responsibility to make sure everybody is A-OK.

PPE: And now it looks like we're going to lose that, 'cause a dog-pile has started.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106279 on: July 22, 2016, 12:09:06 pm »

I'm reasonably sure that he's only saying that 'cause you brought up that what he was doing was empty.

I think some folk just post here for acknowledgement more than anything else. At the very least, that's what TBF offers. What more can be do? He's one person, and it's not his responsibility to make sure everybody is A-OK.
I know that. I was literally just talking about this. My main issue was that his acknowledgement had become empty. I don't mind the hugging personally, it's the "hugs everybody" thing specifically. It means nothing. I could come in here and say "hugs everybody" every now and then without reading any posts, and nobody would be any the wiser. I know that's not what TBF is doing, but it's what it feels like.

I think you may have misinterpreted post #109113; I was referring to the possibility of him "hugging" people by name instead of "hugging everybody" as he has done of late.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106280 on: July 22, 2016, 12:42:01 pm »

Yeah, what Tawa said.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106281 on: July 22, 2016, 01:11:03 pm »

I know that. I was literally just talking about this. My main issue was that his acknowledgement had become empty. I don't mind the hugging personally, it's the "hugs everybody" thing specifically. It means nothing. I could come in here and say "hugs everybody" every now and then without reading any posts, and nobody would be any the wiser. I know that's not what TBF is doing, but it's what it feels like.

I think you may have misinterpreted post #109113; I was referring to the possibility of him "hugging" people by name instead of "hugging everybody" as he has done of late.

What's to misinterpret? You saw a behaviour you dislike and asked it to be changed. I don't care re: TBF's specific or general hugs. It's very much a "who are you to tell someone how they should and shouldn't behave" kinda deal, particularly considering the behaviour in question is so negligible. It doesn't hurt anyone not to be name dropped in a TBF post. It doesn't help anyone who is.

I'm mostly just confused over why this is such a big deal that it needs to be mentioned at all.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106282 on: July 22, 2016, 01:26:07 pm »

I'm mostly just confused over why this is such a big deal that it needs to be mentioned at all.
Ask 1:30 AM me :P
It's very much a "who are you to tell someone how they should and shouldn't behave" kinda deal, particularly considering the behaviour in question is so negligible.
Did you read my first post? The one that kicked off this entire discussion? My point this entire time is that although he's been doing the helpful hug-acknowledgement for ages, his recent switch to just "hugs everyone" every now and then doesn't really help because its sheer lack of familiarity or acknowledgement of individual problems, which was more implicit when he individually acknowledged posters.

I'm asking him to change his behavior not because I dislike it but because his performance of the behavior has decayed into a relatively pointless shadow of its former self. The hugging is nice. Totally impersonal hugging is meaningless.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106283 on: July 22, 2016, 01:34:34 pm »

Hector, you can stop, seriously.

In relevant news...Munich attack.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106284 on: July 22, 2016, 01:44:08 pm »

I did. Both behaviours are near meaningless to any specific person's problem :P so it doesn't really matter in which he indulges, neither will affect anyone's problems for good or bad.

My point was you took it upon yourself to point out what you considered a sub-optimal behaviour and asked it to be changed, when either behaviour is trivial.

Hector, you can stop, seriously.

I'm not doing it for you :P

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106285 on: July 22, 2016, 01:46:33 pm »

That's manifestly not true, hector.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106286 on: July 22, 2016, 01:57:56 pm »

I'm sure you know my thoughts about it better than myself.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106287 on: July 22, 2016, 02:08:10 pm »

*unhugs everyone*
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106288 on: July 22, 2016, 02:10:11 pm »

[off-topic]
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 02:45:42 pm by BorkBorkGoesTheCode »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #106289 on: July 22, 2016, 04:23:20 pm »

Never say never m8, i've had more than one thing happen to me that i never expected, and some of them were even good. c:

In relevant news...Munich attack.
Oh yes, just heard about that. Lord knows what makes people think it's totally cool to shoot and kill innocent people anywhere, but it probably boils down to an utterly deranged mindset and astounding lack of intelligence. Thank goodness for the latter, but sadly that same lack of intelligence is what saddles us humans with those nutters.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER
Pages: 1 ... 7084 7085 [7086] 7087 7088 ... 8167