Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7076 7077 [7078] 7079 7080 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9427905 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #106155 on: July 19, 2016, 12:12:19 pm »

'a political unit characterized by repressive governmental control of political, economic, and social life usually by an arbitrary exercise of power by police and especially secret police in place of regular operation of administrative and judicial organs of the government according to publicly known legal procedures'.

No, not really. Is it a bit messed up? Yes. Is it a police state, particularly in the sense that phrase implies? No. Especially given that it's a temporary thing for the RNC.

Please don't scaremonger.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #106156 on: July 19, 2016, 12:38:05 pm »

I'm not.

Dude, they've cleared over 1000 extra beds in the jails, have asked to governor to suspend certain laws saying including but not limited to open carry saying things like "I don't care if it's constitutional or not at this point." You can't have a backpack (even if you're in summer courses). They have the city cordoned off into "event zones," and "free speech zones," where they control where you go based upon what you believe. This has been going on so long it's become the sad, horrid norm. If you're carrying something in support of a candidate you can be there, if not, then you can be removed, even arrested. Whole country should be a free speech zone; it once was.... Should be again. 1st amendment means nothing. Nobody believes it until it bites them in the butt and all of a sudden, it should just be "fixed" by somebody else (lawyer, police officer, whoever). Nope. Disbelief does not a defense make.

They've swept out anybody they don't like and banned them from the city, because it doesn't fit the message of the completely untrue propaganda signs they've plastered up. You cannot be in the 3.3 mile area that is ... basically the city if they don't like you / they haven't been forced to permit you to be there. They will totally arrest you for anything they even remotely don't like, legal, illegal, doesn't matter. Frankly, that's just the beginning.... It's sad.

Moreover "White Elevators:" http://www.huffingtonpost.com/zac-thompson/as-rnc-commences-white-elevators_b_11057652.html Completely insensitive and obvious. Come on.

and this http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2016/07/18/3799245/mary-fallin-republican-platform/
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 01:29:20 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106157 on: July 19, 2016, 12:39:55 pm »

Well that's not good.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #106158 on: July 19, 2016, 02:03:43 pm »

That wasn't in the linked article (or I somehow missed it). I see.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106159 on: July 19, 2016, 02:10:29 pm »

... If you're color coding things, never use white I guess?  Or black.  Or red, or yellow.
What a world.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #106160 on: July 19, 2016, 05:04:52 pm »

Well, you're not worthless. I can tell you that.

I highly recommend seeing a therapist of some variety. It might be the best decision I ever made. I look back on the time when I felt much like that and it kind of terrifies me.

+1 so, so freaking hard.
+1 from a student aiming to be one or of similar profession. :P
REALLY diverse set of knowledge there, along with it being a mentally tough profession.
Tir trying to ensure job security :P

But no really, +1 to this. Therapy has helped me so much.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106161 on: July 19, 2016, 07:56:53 pm »

So, my tablet decided that having a screen in one piece is for suckers. Oh, sure, the thing still seems to work and is mostly in one piece, but theres now a glaring problem: The ability for me to do anything with it save turn it one and off and change the volume is now gone. Hurrah!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106162 on: July 19, 2016, 08:07:40 pm »

*hugpats*

Uhh, warranty?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106163 on: July 19, 2016, 08:18:52 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106164 on: July 19, 2016, 08:30:10 pm »

The world is ending, isn't it?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106165 on: July 19, 2016, 08:34:19 pm »

It's always ending.  But yeah, I feel like things are falling apart faster than they should be too...
Sigtext

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #106166 on: July 19, 2016, 09:29:00 pm »

The world already ended 4 years ago, according to the last major end of the world prediction.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106167 on: July 19, 2016, 09:30:49 pm »

Normally I'd say that if the world is ending, we should rise up and save it or some Kamina-esque motivational thing like that, but I really can't deny that things are looking... dark.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106168 on: July 19, 2016, 09:34:27 pm »

The world already ended 4 years ago, according to the last major end of the world prediction.

The earth was in fact destroyed a little under eight years ago.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106169 on: July 19, 2016, 09:50:45 pm »

This is kinda depressing...
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 7076 7077 [7078] 7079 7080 ... 8167