Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7073 7074 [7075] 7076 7077 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429981 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #106110 on: July 15, 2016, 10:03:15 pm »

Honestly the way out of that rut which worked for me was to start something new. Do cool stuff, find neat things!
Been there, done that. Now I have too many hobbies that I've started, wasted money on, then dropped. Doesn't make me feel any better, just makes me feel like I've failed more things and don't have enough time or motivation to pursue all the "neat things" I want to.

Not hobbies or new novelties or something. Novelty only keeps working for a while. Something legitimately different. Change the norm, alter your routine, rather than fitting new things into it.

I went from not doing much of anything for years on end homeschool to college. It was stressful and exhausting and almost entirely removed my free time, but it mostly broke me out of the rut I had found myself in.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #106111 on: July 15, 2016, 10:14:08 pm »

Yes, let's dismiss suggestions and say they don't work. That sure is productive.
I've tried that already, man. Doesn't work. Not very productive at all.

sorry. I didn't realize I was doing that until you snarkily pointed it out.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106112 on: July 15, 2016, 10:18:02 pm »

Sorry for being mean about that but it's kind of my pet peeve. I even made a Life Advice thread about it. Which I then proceeded to dismiss the advice in because hypocrisy FTW. :v
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #106113 on: July 15, 2016, 10:36:48 pm »

Sorry for being mean about that but it's kind of my pet peeve. I even made a Life Advice thread about it. Which I then proceeded to dismiss the advice in because hypocrisy FTW. :v
No need to be sorry. It's not mean to point out some helpful criticism. Nothing wrong with snarky banter between friends, right. pretty sure we're internet friends

I definitely appreciate people offering suggestions to help me out, and I probably don't imply that in most of my responses because I'm focusing purely on the pragmatism of answering "does this suggestion help or not". I mean, I assume that's why people would respond to me with suggestions, to help, so they would be primarily interested in whether or not their tips help or not, rather than some kind of emotional feedback or gratitude from me.

Not hobbies or new novelties or something. Novelty only keeps working for a while. Something legitimately different. Change the norm, alter your routine, rather than fitting new things into it.

I went from not doing much of anything for years on end homeschool to college. It was stressful and exhausting and almost entirely removed my free time, but it mostly broke me out of the rut I had found myself in.
I probably definitely do need a change of pace, yeah. I'd like to change things up but it's just hard to find the energy to start. I'm tired almost all the time, either emotionally drained or physically drained.

I definitely have a to-do list of things to change in my life, like going out more, getting exercise, going to sleep earlier, etc. But it's tough to start any of that. I keep procrastinating. I'm sure this is why it's called "stuck in a rut".
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106114 on: July 16, 2016, 12:00:58 am »

I found a spider, but that didn't make me sad, I then lost track of her, and that is frustrating but I hope that she'll be somewhere I can find tomorrow.
I hope she shows up unharmed.  :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #106115 on: July 16, 2016, 12:04:51 am »

For whatever reason, I find not doing very much to be exhausting. You start to feel tired constantly if you don't do things, but at least in my experience, rapidly perk up when stuff goes down. You aren't necessarily actually tired, you're likely just feeling drained cuz weird psychosomatic shenanigans.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106116 on: July 16, 2016, 01:13:05 am »

*applies hugpats to all*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #106117 on: July 16, 2016, 02:13:13 am »

Yaaaaaaaas

Starting what will likely be a shitty weekend by hitting an insomnia roadblock.

Fuckin' yaaaaaaaas
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #106118 on: July 16, 2016, 09:59:36 am »

Got home from work at 1:30 AM, didn't go to sleep till 3ish, now it's 8 and I had to get up to take my sister to work because her ride bailed and she's already late. Get halfway there and surprise, now that I'm awake for good I get to turn around and go home because ride un-bailed. FUCK
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 10:01:15 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106119 on: July 16, 2016, 10:02:01 am »

Weight couldn't possibly go down fast enough.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #106120 on: July 16, 2016, 01:12:07 pm »

I lost a drawing that I was working on and hoping to show you folks.

Also, my arms and hands occasionally have aches and pains, probably from playing computer games too often.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #106121 on: July 16, 2016, 01:42:04 pm »

I lost a drawing that I was working on and hoping to show you folks.

Also, my arms and hands occasionally have aches and pains, probably from playing computer games too often.
In all likelihood, the WORST it'll be is repetitive stress fractures, but then that'd probably be much more painful than aches and pains.

Repetitive stress fractures from using the sprint key (shift, I usually set it to hold rather than toggle) too much?

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #106122 on: July 16, 2016, 02:04:20 pm »

TAKE A BREAK FROM GAMING, or at least find a way to change or lessen the stress. Good lord, i cannot emphasize this enough; i've had pains for over a year because i didn't let my hands/arms recover properly from a repetitive strain injury. However important you may think gaming is (and i completely agree that it is very important), it's not worth the pain. It seriously is not. If i could go back to right when it began, i would take two weeks off of computering entirely if it meant that i wouldn't have to deal with pain for the next year to come. It has affected almost all my computering activities, some physical tasks, driving (some of you may fear for the world at the notion of a nutter like me behind the wheel) and also just sitting around because that can hurt as well, so yeah, it's worth trying to counteract.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #106123 on: July 16, 2016, 03:14:28 pm »

I called in because I'm actually feeling terrible. You're supposed to call out at least two hours before you start. I didn't think a few minutes plus or minus would be an issue if you're actually sick but I guess it is lol. I hate this job, I'm probably sick because I ate there dammit.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #106124 on: July 17, 2016, 03:51:07 am »

I am still kinda sick but it's okay.
On the other hand I have noone to talk to and I feel really fucking alone.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 7073 7074 [7075] 7076 7077 ... 8167