Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7072 7073 [7074] 7075 7076 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9430190 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #106095 on: July 15, 2016, 05:08:58 am »

*Hugpats Yoink* Shitty circumstances there, hope it all works out.
Thanks, so do I.
Hopefully things are less stressful once I finally arrive and have time to rest, recover and think.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106096 on: July 15, 2016, 05:51:31 pm »

Mmm, gas station breakfast burrito at 6PM.
I'm doing okayish with my upcoming job termination.  But my subconscious disagrees, and is communicating via food poisoning, overeating, and overdrinking.

Still doing a decent job in forlorn hope they'll keep my team on, though.  I still have hope, because it's too irrational to be disproven.  Which can be *disastrous* but I digress.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 06:51:50 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #106097 on: July 15, 2016, 06:46:43 pm »

Depressed. Apathetic. Life is empty and dull.

Also angry about being depressed and apathetic and my life being empty and dull. It's unusual conflicting emotions.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #106098 on: July 15, 2016, 08:33:53 pm »

Honestly the way out of that rut which worked for me was to start something new. Do cool stuff, find neat things!
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #106099 on: July 15, 2016, 09:27:40 pm »

Honestly the way out of that rut which worked for me was to start something new. Do cool stuff, find neat things!
Been there, done that. Now I have too many hobbies that I've started, wasted money on, then dropped. Doesn't make me feel any better, just makes me feel like I've failed more things and don't have enough time or motivation to pursue all the "neat things" I want to.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #106100 on: July 15, 2016, 09:31:08 pm »

I got myself out of the rut by playing games for twelve hours a day.

Hang on
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106101 on: July 15, 2016, 09:34:29 pm »

I found a spider, but that didn't make me sad, I then lost track of her, and that is frustrating but I hope that she'll be somewhere I can find tomorrow.

No, what made me sad is I knew her mother (we called her Skarlett) and was excited to find her daughter (who is provisionally Bonnie) despite her being down by the mailbox in a lame spot. There was a big storm today (not as big as the one which actually killed her mom, but big enough to wreck her web) so I decided this would be a good opportunity to migrate her over to the porch and try to get her to set up in between the two columns where her mom was, but after safely getting her up out of the decorative grass around the mailbox and calmed down on my hand some, I lost track of her on a hand swap when she went down the outside towards my elbow.

When I tried to reorient and get her switched to the other hand she wasn't there, so I froze and checked my shirt, shoulders, pants, the ground by my feet, the sidewalk around me, my shoes to make sure I hadn't crushed her (did not, thankfully), and the general area around me.

Unfortunately it's after dark, and as an immature Argiope Aurantia (or zig-zag orb weaver, black and yellow orb weaver, banana spider, etc, wonderful identification guide there btw) she's still mostly grey and white... like the pavement on the sidewalk/end of the driveway, so my only hope was for the flashlight to cast a shadow as she was walking, but no luck.

Hopefully that means she went straight for the grass and is now heading across the yard towards the little flower garden to set up, I'll track her down tomorrow I hope, but yeah... that's a weird problem to have, and a weird thing to be sad about I guess.

I got rather attached to Skarlett last summer until I discovered her broken web and absence.

She was a minor celebrity, we had people come back after stopping by the house because their little boys wanted pictures with the spider, which is damned cute, little boy on a footstool leaning over so she's in the frame with him. So I has an odd sad until I find Bonnie.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #106102 on: July 15, 2016, 09:38:02 pm »

Hang on
...for a second I thought you were serious.

And I have done that in the past. :v Doesn't help.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106103 on: July 15, 2016, 09:41:27 pm »

Yes, let's dismiss suggestions and say they don't work. That sure is productive.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106104 on: July 15, 2016, 09:46:40 pm »

At least we've got the snark covered.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106105 on: July 15, 2016, 09:47:54 pm »

At least we've got the snark covered.
I've tried snarking, it didn't work. Maybe I should give up because everything has to be successful on first try.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106106 on: July 15, 2016, 09:52:10 pm »

Hang on
...for a second I thought you were serious.

And I have done that in the past. :v Doesn't help.
Spehss_ are cat, yes? Find a spider to study, my cats tend to be very interested in spiders, but resist the urge to eat it though, cats do that sometimes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106107 on: July 15, 2016, 09:53:16 pm »

Being cat is a suitable response to everything. Except maybe when near crazy americans.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106108 on: July 15, 2016, 09:55:20 pm »

Crazy americans love cats, spiders not so much, I'm fond of both, really hope I can find Bonnie tomorrow.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #106109 on: July 15, 2016, 09:57:23 pm »

Being cat is a suitable response to everything. Except maybe when near crazy americans.

Everything's worse with Americans!

This isn't right now, but there are times when I hear stories that make me wish I were Chinese as opposed to Chinese-American.

Like witnessing the behavior or one of my classmates (I've written about that here before).

Or a while back when I heard from one of my friends about this guy who stuck his dick out in a yearbook photo.
Pages: 1 ... 7072 7073 [7074] 7075 7076 ... 8167