Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7070 7071 [7072] 7073 7074 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9431670 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #106065 on: July 14, 2016, 02:47:39 am »

Stress has returned. Apparently the place I was supposed to be moving to isn't going to work out after all...
Now I have to rely on my mother to sort out another place for me to live (or at least stay temporarily) before I get to the town on Monday.
I hate relying on people. I really hate relying on people, but I seem to be doing it far too often lately.

Whenever I make an effort to try and improve my life it just seems to get even worse. Not sure why I even bother. 
Moving was a bad idea. I should have just stayed where I was, hating the people around me, waiting to die and taking as many drugs as I could afford after paying my rent and bills.
At least then I wouldn't be fucking around on some disgusting sheep farm being fussed over, given food I don't want and being awkwardly introduced to people when I just want to fucking sleep. Oh and my windburn is really bad due to awful, windy weather and I've run out of clean clothes.

But of course I can't really complain, or do anything to upset people, since they're going out of their way to help me already.
This is why I hate having to rely on anyone... I kinda wish I was more selfish. :-/
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #106066 on: July 14, 2016, 03:47:39 am »

*Hugpats Yoink* Shitty circumstances there, hope it all works out.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #106067 on: July 14, 2016, 05:29:41 am »

I don't think Bay12 is getting worse, I just think the regulars (me included) are just becoming cranky assholes.
I have returned, and I shall be the Savior of the Forums!

More on topic, I've been trying to find a gender therapist and the place I want to go to (Mazzoni Center in Philly) has a wait list of 2-3 months. So back to looking around...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #106068 on: July 14, 2016, 05:44:47 am »

I don't think Bay12 is getting worse, I just think the regulars (me included) are just becoming cranky assholes.
I have returned, and I shall be the Savior of the Forums!
Heil ECF

Anyway, shower drain is blocked again. I only cleaned it a week ago.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #106069 on: July 14, 2016, 07:08:55 am »

My stress levels at the start of summer were very high. There's a lot of paper work relating to Erasmus, and details that I'd like to get solved not being solved and...so on. Plus the actual stress of the concept of leaving home for an extended period of time.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106070 on: July 14, 2016, 07:46:38 am »

From what I understand you've had a fairly shit time in the recent past, so it's kinda understandable that you'd be cranky.

If I've been cranky (I can't tell. I can't even remember what mood I've been in three days ago) recently, I'd probably have put it down to stress from fookin college. That's out of the way now, though.
Yeah that's what I mean, though. It's not that the newbies are annoying. (well, maybe a little) But it's just that because an average Bay12 member's life tend to be them discovering Bay12forum when they were young and had free time, so as we mature we get more stressed as we get more responsibilities, and our stress cause us to perceive strangers more negatively, whereas the reguars are familiar and you would give them more leeway.

Like, for example, there are a few older members which as much as I like, are kind of a douche. But I don't want to be naming names so I'll go with myself. There are several times I see that people are ignoring my shitty attitude just on the virtue of liking me. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. But it causes these unfair judgments where one perceive the quality of the forum to be lowering just because they are more comfortable with familiar things, even though said familiar things aren't no better than the new stuff.

I mean, I may be biased because I like Bay12 for the friendly banter, and the camaraderie, not because we're some weird political book club. If I want that I go to Quora.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 07:48:39 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #106071 on: July 14, 2016, 08:47:32 am »

Despite me calling the police really quietly, and them arriving at the scene within 5 minutes, the burglar whom I spotted climbing the roof and my neighbor's back window was already gone when they came and surrounded the place with attack dogs.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106072 on: July 14, 2016, 09:21:55 am »

*much hugpats*

Hi ECF.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #106073 on: July 14, 2016, 09:26:50 am »

More on topic, I've been trying to find a gender therapist and the place I want to go to (Mazzoni Center in Philly) has a wait list of 2-3 months. So back to looking around...

Nah dude, first put yourself on that waiting list, then go back to looking. That way, if it turns out no other place has a short list either or you end up really wanting to go to the philly therapist anyway you'll already be signed up. You can always cancel if you find something you'd prefer above waiting.

Also welcome back!
Love, scriver~

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106074 on: July 14, 2016, 09:34:54 am »

Nah dude, first put yourself on that waiting list, then go back to looking. That way, if it turns out no other place has a short list either or you end up really wanting to go to the philly therapist anyway you'll already be signed up. You can always cancel if you find something you'd prefer above waiting.

Also welcome back!
Holy carp, yeah, this too.  Waitlist yourself.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #106075 on: July 14, 2016, 10:35:40 am »

Also welcome back!
Another person I recognize! Though I don't think we've ever spoken.

But yeah I'm doing the wait list, just trying to look around for other stuff too. I might do this drop in peer counseling thing instead.

Basically I'm just trying to get all my uh, trans thoughts together. Really, because the medical clinic does informed consent, I can just walk in and her started with things, no therapist recommendation stuff necessary, but I want to figure myself out some more before I jump on that...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #106076 on: July 14, 2016, 11:54:40 am »

From what I understand you've had a fairly shit time in the recent past, so it's kinda understandable that you'd be cranky.

If I've been cranky (I can't tell. I can't even remember what mood I've been in three days ago) recently, I'd probably have put it down to stress from fookin college. That's out of the way now, though.
Yeah that's what I mean, though. It's not that the newbies are annoying. (well, maybe a little) But it's just that because an average Bay12 member's life tend to be them discovering Bay12forum when they were young and had free time, so as we mature we get more stressed as we get more responsibilities, and our stress cause us to perceive strangers more negatively, whereas the reguars are familiar and you would give them more leeway.

Like, for example, there are a few older members which as much as I like, are kind of a douche. But I don't want to be naming names so I'll go with myself. There are several times I see that people are ignoring my shitty attitude just on the virtue of liking me.
This is usually your cynicism speaking rather than an accurate depiction of what's happening though. :P It's the thing that goes with the thing talked about a long time ago. It's rather a large gap of measurement to say 'ignore'.

Though, responsibilities do not necessarily have the output of stress, and stress doesn't necessarily cause a person to conform to a cranky negative attitude.

* Tiruin waves at ECoF.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #106077 on: July 14, 2016, 11:59:29 am »

My brother got hit-and-run. He's uninjured, but his very expensive electric scooter took some damage. A bystander got the offending car's license plate number, though, so they'll probably get caught soon.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106078 on: July 14, 2016, 12:04:14 pm »

@hector: :o
That's... Not good.  At least nobody was hurt...

@Cinder:Again, you are ascribing far too much asshattery to yourself.  Bad.  baps with newspaper
Sigtext

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #106079 on: July 14, 2016, 12:36:36 pm »

Personally I'm from another era when RP wasn't quite as big. Now it seems like there's a large crowd who's mostly here for RP. Not that it's bad, just... different.
Pages: 1 ... 7070 7071 [7072] 7073 7074 ... 8167