Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7063 7064 [7065] 7066 7067 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439323 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #105960 on: July 10, 2016, 01:06:15 am »

What's wrong with that? He's a good player.
His gameplay isn't the problem.
All the rest of it is chaff. It's very easy to ignore. Mafia is a game of psychology after all.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #105961 on: July 10, 2016, 01:16:15 am »

There's psychology, and therems being a giant douchebags who limit everyone's enjoyment of the game.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105962 on: July 10, 2016, 01:19:31 am »

Only if you let it get to you. As I said, it's easy to ignore and pick out the important bits in what he's saying.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105963 on: July 10, 2016, 01:39:44 am »

Only if you let it get to you. As I said, it's easy to ignore and pick out the important bits in what he's saying.
It's easier to perform the service of removing him as a vig or mafia so nobody has to put up with him. He doesn't act like he does for the sake of the game's psychology.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105964 on: July 10, 2016, 02:15:29 am »

It's easier to perform the service of removing him as a vig or mafia so nobody has to put up with him. He doesn't act like he does for the sake of the game's psychology.
Why does he do it then? It's a viable play style, it just rubs people the wrong way, which takes them off their game. The way other people interact with him, particularly when they know he's an abrasive player, can be telling.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105965 on: July 10, 2016, 02:29:10 am »

Why does he do it then? It's a viable play style, it just rubs people the wrong way, which takes them off their game. The way other people interact with him, particularly when they know he's an abrasive player, can be telling.
So being an ass to other players in a game is a legitimate tactic, is what you're saying?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105966 on: July 10, 2016, 02:30:39 am »

So being an ass to other players in a game is a legitimate tactic, is what you're saying?
Pretty much, yeah. Why wouldn't it be?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105967 on: July 10, 2016, 02:35:21 am »

On one hand, I play League so I understand that viewpoint. On the other hand, he just does it to a degree that barely scrapes by being tolerable, and doesn't really show any remorse for any effect it has on people.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #105968 on: July 10, 2016, 02:37:49 am »

Technically psychological. Technically a tactic. However a very poor one. It reflects how one deals with situations and instead of utilizing more than a few aspects of one's personality, 'being an ass' is a rather crude manner of going about things. It doesn't promote proactivity, and if there's lacking communication post-game, it promotes a rather poor image of the player, as a player, rather than the role they take up during the game.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105969 on: July 10, 2016, 02:42:36 am »

Technically psychological. Technically a tactic. However a very poor one. It reflects how one deals with situations and instead of utilizing more than a few aspects of one's personality, 'being an ass' is a rather crude manner of going about things. It doesn't promote proactivity, and if there's lacking communication post-game, it promotes a rather poor image of the player, as a player, rather than the role they take up during the game.
I can think of one example of proactivity it can provoke.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105970 on: July 10, 2016, 02:49:28 am »

'T ain't his fault if people take things personally. It's just a game, after all, and it just happens to be about psychology. Pushing people out of their comfort zone will result in them making mistakes, which can make the game more interesting.

He has a reputation for being an abrasive player. Having an insult thrown your way by him is a lot less impactful than it would be from, say, Tiruin.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105971 on: July 10, 2016, 02:58:26 am »

snip
If "it's just a game" is their justification I assume he's fine with people going out of their way to shorten his time playing.

"Mafia should be about logic and abuse of it", not acting up and forcing the other person to get mad/angry/whatever.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #105972 on: July 10, 2016, 03:04:35 am »

Bring the discussion to its relevant board guys :P There's a discussion thread in the right subforum--my main point earlier was to not let your sads revolve around just one person to result in avoiding the whole thing just because of this one person. Y'all could also PM the guy directly to talk about it.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #105973 on: July 10, 2016, 03:13:59 am »

We probably shouldn't judge a form of recreation on the sad thread.  Especially since some of those people are present.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105974 on: July 10, 2016, 11:50:33 am »

Just to weigh in, in a thread-appropriate way...

RL Mafia is random as hell, but B12 Mafia is just pure salt.

I haven't been able to enjoy a game of Mafia on this forum for years because of that, and how some people use "it's a strategy" as an excuse to bully or personally attack people. In my opinion, there's no excuse for it, it's poor sportsmanship in general, and it damaged what used to be a fun and thriving subforum. And that makes me pretty bummed.
Pages: 1 ... 7063 7064 [7065] 7066 7067 ... 8167