Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7059 7060 [7061] 7062 7063 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9442083 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #105900 on: July 06, 2016, 01:36:21 am »

This reminds me of a sad of mine - it is nigh impossible to get poetry posters. I honestly thought there'd be a greater demand, but the mix of stunning imagery and beautiful wordsmanship I desire has been denied me.
I've bookmarked your poetry prompts thread and have read a lot of it, taking inspiration from it a lot :3 It may be because people are just busy busy these times. I would LOVE to join in however.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #105901 on: July 06, 2016, 07:10:14 am »

There's so many things to do and people to keep track of aaaaaaaaaa
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #105902 on: July 06, 2016, 07:22:56 am »

Fuck insomnia.
Seriously just fuck it ugh.

Had this for almost a week now. I know I need to sleep, to the point my vision gets fuzzy but when I lay down to sleep it just doesn't work. Can't shut off my brain no matter how hard I try and end up getting back up and going to the computer to half-see whatever will give me a few minutes respite.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #105903 on: July 06, 2016, 09:19:56 am »

GAAAAAAAAAH
Expansion for Star Trek Online just hit but I can't play it because the server is somehow already down.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105904 on: July 06, 2016, 09:58:07 am »

"HELLO YOU LAZY BUTT, HAVE YOU BEEN APPLYING FOR JOBS LATELY"
"YOU KNOW THE BENEFIT IS LIKE YOUR JOB, YOU NEED TO BE DOING 40 APPLICATIONS A DAY OR WE'LL STOP LETTING YOU EAT"
"ALSO YOU'RE APPLYING FOR THE WRONG JOBS, YOU NEED TO STOP THINKING ABOUT THE FUTURE AND OBTAIN AN IRRELEVANT SHITJOB THAT ISN'T TOO PRESTIGIOUS FOR YOU"
"OH IT SAYS ON YOUR FILE THAT YOU WERE STUDYING BEFORE YOU BECAME A WORTHLESS LEECH"
"YOU'D BETTER NEVER DO THAT AGAIN, IT'S CLEARLY MUCH TOO HARD FOR YOU"
"BY THE WAY, LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY SON"
"HE JUST STARTED HIGHSCHOOL AND HAS TWELVE SCHOLARSHIPS, NINETY HOUSES IN PONSONBY, AND A NOBEL PRIZE"
"OBVIOUSLY I DON'T EXPECT THAT FROM SOMEONE LAZY LIKE YOU"
"BUT YOU DON'T WANT TO BE ON THE BENEFIT ALL YOUR LIFE, DO YOU?"
"MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER AND FIND A JOB ALREADY"

Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105905 on: July 06, 2016, 10:16:35 am »

Oh, dude... If that's something you're dealing with right now, I'm sorry. And if that's coming from friends or relatives or other folks who are close to you, that's even harder.

No one gets to tell you the terms on which you should live your life, and they have no idea what difficulties you may have to contend with, what is important to you in life, etc. They probably want good things for you, at least in the abstract sense, but if so what a shitty way to go about "helping" you.

As long as you're making progress toward the life you want, however big or small each step might seem, that's what's important. Everyone else can take their self-righteousness and shove it somewhere unpleasant- you've got a life to live.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105906 on: July 06, 2016, 12:01:11 pm »

*hugpats, hugpats, hugpats, hugpats*
OW:That really, really sucks...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 07:18:17 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #105907 on: July 06, 2016, 12:25:11 pm »

I keep wondering why you're hugging goats.... ???

OW: My SO is in the same boat. Only it's herself that's beating her up emotionally.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #105908 on: July 06, 2016, 12:34:18 pm »

I keep wondering why you're hugging goats.... ???
More problems could be fixed with goats

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #105909 on: July 06, 2016, 06:24:27 pm »

Fuck insomnia.

Had this for almost a week now. I know I need to sleep, to the point my vision gets fuzzy but when I lay down to sleep it just doesn't work. Can't shut off my brain no matter how hard I try and end up getting back up and going to the computer to half-see whatever will give me a few minutes respite.
I have no idea how I got over insomnia, but I think it involved pills. Have you tried sleeping pills?

I need a summer job.

Aldi doesn't DO summer jobs.

I explain this.

'Apply anyway!'

Well sure thing, I'll apply for a place that won't take me because I need a summer job, can't do anything longer than a summer job, and they don't do summer jobs.

EDIT: Finally won that one with the argument that if I say I CAN work more than 12 months then go to the interview and say 'BTW, I'll be leaving come September' it'll hardly give a great impression.
Can't you apply somewhere else to get them off your back? Whoever they are.

GAAAAAAAAAH
Expansion for Star Trek Online just hit but I can't play it because the server is somehow already down.
The hype is too strong.

"YOU KNOW THE BENEFIT IS LIKE YOUR JOB, YOU NEED TO BE DOING 40 APPLICATIONS A DAY OR WE'LL STOP LETTING YOU EAT"
"ALSO YOU'RE APPLYING FOR THE WRONG JOBS, YOU NEED TO STOP THINKING ABOUT THE FUTURE AND OBTAIN AN IRRELEVANT SHITJOB THAT ISN'T TOO PRESTIGIOUS FOR YOU"
"OH IT SAYS ON YOUR FILE THAT YOU WERE STUDYING BEFORE YOU BECAME A WORTHLESS LEECH"
"HE JUST STARTED HIGHSCHOOL AND HAS TWELVE SCHOLARSHIPS, NINETY HOUSES IN PONSONBY, AND A NOBEL PRIZE"

I really don't get the judgment avalanche that is job applications.

* Cinder hellenistically hugs.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105910 on: July 06, 2016, 06:31:31 pm »

You don't have to tolerate that from anyone. If you're trying, don't let some arrogant jerk get you down.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #105911 on: July 06, 2016, 06:32:28 pm »

I have this, except from myself to myself, because I cannot be arsed to even start looking yet. Uughghghgh.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #105912 on: July 06, 2016, 06:33:15 pm »

Fuck insomnia.

I have no idea how I got over insomnia, but I think it involved pills. Have you tried sleeping pills?

A solution that seems to have worked for me is to systematically exhaust oneself with physically and mentally difficult tasks over multiple weeks until sleep as soon as it is available becomes unavoidable, then, after the stresstimes end, simply allow the pattern to continue.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105913 on: July 06, 2016, 07:20:32 pm »

*hugpats*

RedKing:Apply hugs.  Best cure.

KoSS:Then...Start looking?  I mean, seriously, you probably should.  I certainly wish you luck in that.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105914 on: July 06, 2016, 07:29:50 pm »

>:( What a villainous character.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.
Pages: 1 ... 7059 7060 [7061] 7062 7063 ... 8167