Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7041 7042 [7043] 7044 7045 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9440099 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #105630 on: June 21, 2016, 02:04:21 am »

GUESS WHO JUST SPILLED CRANBERRY JUICE ALL OVER THE CARPETED STAIRS ON THE DAY WHEN A PERSON IS COMING TO LOOK AT THE HOUSE TO BUY IT. HOOOOOORAYYYYYYYY IM AN IDIOT.

So yeah, I fucked up.
This is probably late, but Google advises mixing a tablespoon of white vinegar to a 2/3 cup of rubbing alcohol for a suitable cleaning solution.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #105631 on: June 21, 2016, 05:35:49 am »

This is why I do not plan to drink, ever.
I think I've mentioned before why I intend to avoid the consumption of alcoholic drinks
Have fun leading a bland and unfulfilling existence missing out on the best things in life* with only the thought that you're somehow arbitrarily "better" than people who prefer to enjoy life as consolation, I guess.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Although this i will say: A bit of booze coursing in your bloodstream does make it easier to socialize, and that's pretty cool. In my case though, it doesn't outweigh the acid reflux and cranky bowels that inevitably follow, so at least i have a good reason to not drink. :v
...Well, that is certainly worthy of the Sad Thread. I hope you discover the cause of your affliction and a way to cure it.
Poor Shook. :(

*Barring psychedelic substances or the destruction of one's enemies, of course. Both are rather more difficult to obtain than alcohol, however, so I feel their relevance to the discussion is rather limited.   

Don't project so much, man. You only look like an asshole.
Love, scriver~

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #105632 on: June 21, 2016, 05:52:09 am »

...Well, that is certainly worthy of the Sad Thread. I hope you discover the cause of your affliction and a way to cure it.
Poor Shook. :(
thanks yoink <3

But, most alcoholic drinks are too bitter for me anyways (as i may have mentioned before, there are indications of me possibly being more sensitive to bitterness than normal and i hate that taste), and the ones that aren't are mostly just soda pop or juice (well, besides some liquors, but i wouldn't want to get smashed on Bailey's), so it hasn't left any noticable void in my life. Besides, my brain's plenty loopy even without alcohol. :v

It's not that I make people uneasy, it's that people have a hard time being aware of my existence to begin with.
Well, people don't pay much attention to those that they don't know. I mean, if you just come across one single person on a long hike, you're much more likely to say "hi" than when passing by 800 people per second in a busy street. It's all relative, and if people in the street aren't doing anything unusual (note how much more you notice the street musician than all your fellow pedestrians), you probably won't think much of their presence. Same goes for you; if you want people to notice you, walk on your hands while blasting out Tchaikovsky from a boombox you're balancing on your feet, dress in vividly coloured steampunk gear, engage in lightsaber duels with your father or whatever. Walking around normally while dressed normally is one sure way to NOT be noticed (unless you're physically unusual, such as very tall or very short), due to how effective the human brain is at filtering out irrelevant stimuli. :I
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #105633 on: June 21, 2016, 06:33:03 am »

I mean I am trying for the physically unusual by being very easy on the eye. :v
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #105634 on: June 21, 2016, 07:10:31 am »

Gonna be honest with you here: While you do look very good, that alone very unlikely to be the thing that makes people do double takes, because it requires more than a quick glance to notice (unlike, say, being super tall, which will be noticed INSTANTLY). If you want people to admire your looks, busy streets are a TERRIBLE choice of location due to the amount of background noise (the only worse places being completely depopulated wastelands), since that automatically makes your brain pay less attention to each individual. Instead, either pursue photo modelling (and/or modelling for artists if that's your thing, but i can confirm that good looks stop being distracting for the artists once they gets going) so you can mosey your way on to every magazine ever (and make money at the same time??!??!), sit around in picturesque parks, or hang out in (gay) bars where people might be checking each other out. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #105635 on: June 21, 2016, 10:57:49 am »

Is that a question? I'm unsure.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 05:29:47 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #105636 on: June 21, 2016, 11:15:50 am »

Gonna be honest with you here: While you do look very good, that alone very unlikely to be the thing that makes people do double takes, because it requires more than a quick glance to notice (unlike, say, being super tall, which will be noticed INSTANTLY). If you want people to admire your looks, busy streets are a TERRIBLE choice of location due to the amount of background noise (the only worse places being completely depopulated wastelands), since that automatically makes your brain pay less attention to each individual. Instead, either pursue photo modelling (and/or modelling for artists if that's your thing, but i can confirm that good looks stop being distracting for the artists once they gets going) so you can mosey your way on to every magazine ever (and make money at the same time??!??!), sit around in picturesque parks, or hang out in (gay) bars where people might be checking each other out. :v

Muh girlfriend apparently only noticed and kept my image in her mind for months before we actualy talked because apparently I'm the only long-ish haired lawyer person she saw at the time :v

I also only noticed her among a multitude of pretty looking girls because she was the only one with really long poffy-ish black hair, pale skin and makeup that made her look like a tiny cute female version of edward scissorhands :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #105637 on: June 21, 2016, 04:29:14 pm »

I also only noticed her among a multitude of pretty looking girls because she was the only one with really long poffy-ish black hair, pale skin and makeup that made her look like a tiny cute female version of edward scissorhands :v
You have a thing for girls like that too? I knew I wasn't the only one around here.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105638 on: June 21, 2016, 04:48:19 pm »

"Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in the world. To not know why you're here. That's just an awful feeling."

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105639 on: June 21, 2016, 05:31:56 pm »

You have a thing for girls like that too? I knew I wasn't the only one around here.
Substitute poffy-ish with long and flowing, and I'm game too.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #105640 on: June 21, 2016, 06:28:00 pm »

I looked at Youtube comments.
Not only that, I looked at comments on the featured video Youtube is hosting on LGBT people, presumably because of the shooting.

But, that's pretty small considering how many people saw it, right?

Okay, great.

Hell what makes it even worse is, some of that's probably gay people wanting to exclude the trans.
Either way, this made me pretty sad.

And I don't even consider myself "trans", barely even "fluid", I just don't fully subscribe to male stereotypes.  But this is a great reminder that the general public *hates* that.
And it would be a lot worse in certain religious areas which apparently get precedence when it comes to American liberal inclusiveness.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #105641 on: June 21, 2016, 06:39:31 pm »

Honestly I've never met any male gay people who dislike transpeople. Not attracted sure, but no actual hate involved. I have, however, met feminists that REALLY hate transpeople, specially transwomen, and some of these were lesbians.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105642 on: June 21, 2016, 06:45:43 pm »

...not like anything is going to change about it

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #105643 on: June 21, 2016, 06:47:34 pm »

Well, it is getting better.  We just have to make sure that continues.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105644 on: June 21, 2016, 06:48:07 pm »

Marginally better. But change is change, I guess. No reason not to try to improve things.
Pages: 1 ... 7041 7042 [7043] 7044 7045 ... 8167