Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7036 7037 [7038] 7039 7040 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443409 times)

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #105555 on: June 18, 2016, 07:13:04 am »

*hugs TBF*

We all have moods and emotions of our own. You can't be expected to keep a positive mood constantly and aren't. C:.

Sad thread is for talking about sads. Don't supress them, because that'll result in them becoming much worse. I have a lot of exprience regarding that .-.;
+1
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #105556 on: June 18, 2016, 08:15:49 am »

It's been, what, a year since I made the resolution to interact with people less and gather more skills and value as a person? I still haven't accomplished much. And people still don't like me.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #105557 on: June 18, 2016, 10:31:46 am »

Yeah TBF, sorry you're feeling that way.  Happens sometimes.  *platonic hug*

Cinder, that's an interesting approach.  I hope you have better luck soon...  but as always, I still think you're cool.  *nod of respect*
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105558 on: June 18, 2016, 10:34:35 am »

Well, it made me sad yesterday, but still: A friend told me yesterday that she got sexually abused. At age twelve. By her sister.

What the fuck is wrong with people? I refuse to believe that shit like that is just a product of human nature.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105559 on: June 18, 2016, 10:37:07 am »

It's been, what, a year since I made the resolution to interact with people less and gather more skills and value as a person? I still haven't accomplished much. And people still don't like me.
I don't personally think that it's a good thing to sacrifice socialization for just gaining skill's for the sake of having utilitarian value, but that might just be how coldly you're putting it, since tone is hard to convey on the Internet. When you get into moods like this you don't see any real progress in what you do, but the progress is still there. Keep going, even if you think you haven't accomplished much.
No, no. Nobody here hates you, e everyone here likes you. I'd cite personal examples on your Steam if it didn't appear that you were away. We all like you.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105560 on: June 18, 2016, 10:51:46 am »

@DD, Bork, Rolan7:Thanks, all of you.  I'm still not sure what it was, but it went away with a night's rest, so I guess it wasn't anything all too serious.

@BFEL:Good luck.

@MZ: :o *hugs*
Hope you feel better.

@Cinder:Pretty much all of Bay12 that you've ever interacted with likes you, and you've got plenty of value and skill, even if you don't realize it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #105561 on: June 18, 2016, 11:32:30 am »

The Westboro Baptist Church has announced that they will protest at the funerals of the Orlando shooting victims.
Directly after the shootings, they already twittered "God hates faggots. God sent the shooter. Omar Mateen and the slaughtered faggots are in hell. Repent!"
And so know they let know that they will protest at all the funerals.

Orlando police announced that they received a letter from the WBC, in which they announce their protests. The police says they cannot do anything about it, since the high court ruled in 2011 that their protests fall under the protection of the Constitution.

Earlier this week there had been a rumour that they wanted to disturb the funeral of 40 year old victim Javier Jorge-Reyes.
In response, over a hundred people came to ward off the funeral from protest by forming a 'human chain of love'. Using rainbow flags, and protest banners reading 'love conquers all' they blocked off any would be anti gay protestors from getting close to the funeral.

http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/anti-homo-kerk-gaat-demonstreren-op-begrafenissen-orlando-slachtoffers~a4323191/

And there I was, hoping that they had collectively suicided after Fred Phelps croaked. Very sad they didn't.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105562 on: June 18, 2016, 11:50:35 am »

I think such flagrant disrespect to the dead justifies a bit of "self defense", but that's probably me being vindictive. What inspires such passionate hatred?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #105563 on: June 18, 2016, 12:06:12 pm »

I'll be charitable and guess "projection", because I really don't want to start another religion argument.  We've already been over that enough.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105564 on: June 18, 2016, 12:11:38 pm »

Well that's saddening.  I hope Orlando will defend itself.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #105565 on: June 18, 2016, 12:11:54 pm »

Westboro Baptist Church? Oh Gott im Himmel, those guys. I don't have a problem with religion, but i do have a problem with people who use it as an excuse for their own racism, bigotry, homophobia and what have you. I hope the police decides to put the Constitution aside and shut them down. >.>
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #105566 on: June 18, 2016, 12:37:56 pm »

The Westboro Baptist Church has announced that they will protest at the funerals of the Orlando shooting victims.
Directly after the shootings, they already twittered "God hates faggots. God sent the shooter. Omar Mateen and the slaughtered faggots are in hell. Repent!"
And so know they let know that they will protest at all the funerals.

Orlando police announced that they received a letter from the WBC, in which they announce their protests. The police says they cannot do anything about it, since the high court ruled in 2011 that their protests fall under the protection of the Constitution.[...]
Err ._. That last paragraph...wha?
This is whaaaaaa
My inner theologist is writhing at this stupidity. But also at the vagueness or the impression of lacking critical thinking of the last part...God never hated people. Those people saying that on behalf of a perceived higher power hated other people by interpretative contradiction and Eurgh.
That message is just so short. Much brevity. Emotionally charged. Superficial. (Also a ton much on extremism. Like WOW does that miss a lot on holisticality.)
Sensationalism(?)* most likely--aiming to target a really raw nerve. Really passing this off as something like that, or faked to cause a stir because of that.**
*what's the term for 'really saying something that catches attention but isn't actually really in depth or something like that?
**That statement is as if saying all the victims are of one group to discriminate against [it's as if all those who died are gay? WTF]; also implying that the statement is to discriminate against individual funerals.

Yeah shouldn't be typing these when fatigued at 2:02am. But UGH that sensationalism(?).

What inspires such passionate hatred?
This may be what happens when certain verses--extremely out of context in consideration to the verse in itself, conflicted by the consideration that it was given by a position in authority, equals 'something to follow because it is right', in the most blunt sense I'm writing due to fatigue right now (plus the lack of critical thinking and realistic application).
That or whoever wrote that really made a mess of mixed feelings by anyone who receives such information--by word of mouth or by those who directly viewed it. But yeah--hatred is a by product, not an origin here. Whatever the result from anyone posting here--don't follow it up with more hate.

E: I believe the police can actually do something about it if that thing ever goes through, since...its practically unbelievable that they're rendered powerless due to a general notation in a specific situation due to specific factors.

As a total aside but related thingy thanks to memory from reading that, I browsed through imgur and came upon a list that made me :( again. Comments are very agreeable; never saw this before.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 01:04:17 pm by Tiruin »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105567 on: June 18, 2016, 12:43:09 pm »

I hope the police decides to put the Constitution aside and shut them down. >.>
Probably shouldn't, really.

Yes, it's highly unpleasant. But no, there shouldn't be different standards for what you do and don't like.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105568 on: June 18, 2016, 01:03:13 pm »

As a total aside but related thingy thanks to memory from reading that, I browsed through imgur and came upon a list that made me :( again. Comments are very agreeable; never saw this before.
The comments really provoke... interesting thoughts. I feel crestfallen about seeing all of this,  but I just feel like I should be feeling more. Creates a dilemma, not healthy to dwell on this, not right to forget it...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #105569 on: June 18, 2016, 01:31:05 pm »

I think such flagrant disrespect to the dead justifies a bit of "self defense", but that's probably me being vindictive. What inspires such passionate hatred?
A non-negligible bit on their side isn't really hatred, from what folks have been able to piece together over the years. Some chunk (if not all) of what they're doing is what amounts to a provocation racket. They do bloody disgusting things explicitly to engender that sort of vindictiveness. Then when someone actually does attack, physically or by denying entry they're legally entitled to or whatev', they turn around and sue. Have made a fair amount of dosh over the years doing it.

Beyond that, it's just kinda' standard cult/psychological abuse behavior. Insularity, reinforcement, etc. It's... honestly not really that difficult to raise someone to have and express opinions like the ones they do. Doesn't happen that often (in a relative sense, anyway, and to WBC's extremes in particular), cause most people are basically fairly decent, but it happens enough groups like the WBC can largely self-perpetuate.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 7036 7037 [7038] 7039 7040 ... 8167