Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7029 7030 [7031] 7032 7033 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9457451 times)

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #105450 on: June 13, 2016, 09:58:03 am »

Nuts are nuts no matter what.
FTFY. Religious nuts just have an unfortunate tendency to be the more visible ones.

Religious motives have been behind most life taking acts of terror(in the "West" at least) for a long while now. Unfortunately theres no sign of that changing...  ::)
Probably, but nuts will bolt onto any kind of pretext that can sort-of justify their actions.
I just wanted to shift the focus more on the nuts part, and less on the religion aspect.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #105451 on: June 13, 2016, 02:04:11 pm »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/god-punish-homosexuals-orlando-killers-father-131627726.html

I don't know that I'm going to say too much if anything on this. "Punish homosexuals?" He also seems to like insurgents the US is fighting against.... Yup.... Getting a little sick of this whole "people thinking it's ok to bash people just because they're gay," stuff. I don't care which religion, any one that says that is wrong.

Killing isn't ok. This stuff isn't ok. Come on, don't do that.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 05:34:02 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105452 on: June 13, 2016, 05:20:07 pm »

I think I might've come down with something.  Blehhh.

In other news, something that's made me sad is that we're still discussing things that shouldn't be discussed in this thread in this thread...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105453 on: June 13, 2016, 05:21:17 pm »

Zero ambiguity about hate for stupid reasons being wrong, the problem is convincing people who hold that view and also convincing them why the response yesterday was not right.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105454 on: June 13, 2016, 05:35:05 pm »

I vote for a zero-tolerance approach. Anyone with intolerant beliefs will be summarily executed. We'll have a perfect and loving civilisation in no time.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105455 on: June 13, 2016, 05:36:05 pm »

I vote for a zero-tolerance approach. Anyone with intolerant beliefs will be summarily executed. We'll have a perfect and loving civilisation in no time.
Lays is going to make a (potentially literal) killing with all the potato chips they sell.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #105456 on: June 13, 2016, 06:13:06 pm »

This whole thing is really upsetting me. This should have never happened, but due to the sheer stupidity of the system some maniac was able to buy guns and shoot 50 people without any trouble.

Also,
Quote from: My Mother
Unfortunately, Trump is right about that. The only way to stop terrorism is to keep those fuckers from coming over here.
Why the fuck is it that whenever something genuinely horrible happens mother has to make some retarded comment like this?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105457 on: June 13, 2016, 06:17:11 pm »

This whole thing is really upsetting me. This should have never happened, but due to the sheer stupidity of the system some maniac was able to buy guns and shoot 50 people without any trouble.

Also,
Quote from: My Mother
Unfortunately, Trump is right about that. The only way to stop terrorism is to keep those fuckers from coming over here.
Why the fuck is it that whenever something genuinely horrible happens mother has to make some retarded comment like this?
At least that's marginally better than what I heard on my end.
Quote from: My Mother (paraphrased)
It's not terrorism, nobody wants to see two men kissing. Think of the children™.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105458 on: June 13, 2016, 06:26:33 pm »

Why are so many peoples' parents so intolerant?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105459 on: June 13, 2016, 06:31:30 pm »

It's still better than dad's views.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105460 on: June 13, 2016, 06:47:54 pm »

Yeah how dare they think homosex is wrong, how disgustingly evil of them

Because they grew up in a culture where gayness was culturally unacceptable

You can't just expect people to become more "tolerant" (whatever that means) because someone else's kids have different opinions to them
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 06:49:41 pm by Orange Wizard »
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105461 on: June 13, 2016, 06:49:41 pm »

Because they were born and raised in an earlier time.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105462 on: June 13, 2016, 06:51:47 pm »

There's a difference between being a decent person by having your views but being tolerant, and being so intolerant as to, as one example, attempt to tell your son that bullying LGBT kids is okay if they can get away with it.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105463 on: June 13, 2016, 06:58:12 pm »

There's a difference between being a decent person by having your views but being tolerant, and being so intolerant as to, as one example, attempt to tell your son that bullying LGBT kids is okay if they can get away with it.
Exactly.
Sigtext

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105464 on: June 13, 2016, 07:07:15 pm »

Most parents don't tell their kids that bullying is okay, ever
Pages: 1 ... 7029 7030 [7031] 7032 7033 ... 8167