Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7025 7026 [7027] 7028 7029 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455328 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #105390 on: June 10, 2016, 10:13:49 pm »

Well, now that it's established that you do have allergies, you could potentially start desensitivization therapy
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #105391 on: June 10, 2016, 10:46:58 pm »

When people are dying due to chronic/degenerative pathologies, they tend to develop delirium. It does not follow that someone is at fault
They'd be at fault if the stuff they were supposed to do would have staved off the sickness or whatever. BF didn't say that but I gave myself the impression that he did.

You don't really know what took place, yet you're willing to shape up an impromptu online lynching commitee, based on an ambiguous comment by one of the bereaved.

It's human to want to blame someone for misfortunes. Problem is, sometimes bad things happen to good people, and it's really unfair to start pointing fingers at healthcare professionals. Delirium in critically ill/terminal patients is rather common. I'd go as far as saying that in my personal experience the only times I've seen someone dying not lapse into delirium were the ones in which they were sedated beforehand. Nobody's really lucid when the body is shutting down.  :(
Pretty much what is said here, with emphasis in colored words. What's going on is a cognitive mechanism following association and attribution--putting responsibility on what is being sensed rather than what is internally going on, since it 'feels normal', and since the usual impression learned is that medical professionals (mental/physical...) are responsible for your well-being, if you feel bad, it's usually their fault. One's knowledge of the matter can help them understand what's going on too.

And that makes part of my sads ._. Many doctors are undersupported or underfunded that they can't work that efficiently under several factors outside of their direct control. External factors. :-\ Adding to the general tension that occurs when things don't look that well, understanding from others will help a lot.

Also I'm badly depressed but am reluctant to write what makes me :( to anyone because ahh, incomplete impressions to anyone else who reads them. >_> (because I am not confident in my writing.)
o/ social anxiety.
Alsoalso I don't feel good. Arrrrghhhh

ALSO I finally got my Steam loaded with a bit of my savings to gift other peoples. AND THEN I'M REGION RESTRICTED TO ASIA ONLY :I (Really wanted to gift a certain Webcomic Author for what she's done, and also a certain friend who seems to have disappeared for a while from B12 who is pretty much a polyglot and a very awesome person.)

I feel like I'm not gonna get into the navy because of my allergies. Well technically I'm handing in the allergy test result sometime next week but still. All sources I've been looking at makes it seem unlikely by the day.

And the fucking test result itself is useless. All it basically say is "Yes, you do have allergies". All I wanted to know if the reaction is something that can be considered fatal or not. Which is the biggest factor I'm looking for since its immediate grounds for disqualification.

Now I have no clue what to do with my future if I don't get in.
I've little idea on what the procedures are, but I believe coordinating with those handling the tests and such helps communicate your goals--allergies are very broad, and are also influenced by lifestyle changes, but is always context-wise important. ._.
Well, now that it's established that you do have allergies, you could potentially start desensitivization therapy
^ :D
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 10:55:46 pm by Tiruin »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105392 on: June 10, 2016, 11:00:38 pm »

You don't really know what took place, yet you're willing to shape up an impromptu online lynching commitee, based on an ambiguous comment by one of the bereaved.
I think you're misrepresenting me a bit here
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #105393 on: June 10, 2016, 11:54:28 pm »

By desensitization therapy, you mean drowning my sorrows in crab? That's how depression works right, ingesting stuff that's harmful to the body?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #105394 on: June 10, 2016, 11:58:08 pm »

By desensitization therapy, you mean drowning my sorrows in crab? That's how depression works right, ingesting stuff that's harmful to the body?
Nope :P If that's how it worked, I wouldn't be bringing loads of oxygen every minute for myself. But seriously: That's not how it 'works'. That's someone working with depression. Subtle difference :-\ (hope you're ok there)
Talk to the people responsible for testing and overseeing you there ._.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #105395 on: June 12, 2016, 03:41:38 am »

Jesus. Christ. Why is it. When I want to do something. Like, I don't know. A birthday party. For myself. No one can show up and the world catches on fire. When someone else does something. It takes maybe an hour of planning and everyone can go. Not to mention there are people I can't invite because of clashing personalities. And then there's the fact that people are grounded. Other people generally don't do anything due to being busy/not wanting to. And then there is the group of people that don't really like me. Plus I've been going to sleep at around 5 am recently again. My life is a fucking mess. Send help and someone I can talk to (the second one is a waste of time).
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #105396 on: June 12, 2016, 06:28:49 am »

In a gay club in Florida, at least 20 people were killed, and 42 taken to hospital, after a man entered the club and started firing his automatic rifle.
Police suspect, but cannot confirm yet, that the suspect, who has been killed, is a well known neo-nazi who posted "I warn you, gays in Orlando, to stay home" on Facebook just minutes before the shooting.
http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/veel-doden-bij-schietpartij-in-homoclub-florida~a4318717/
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-orlando-shooting-pulse-nightclub-story.html
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 06:33:08 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #105397 on: June 12, 2016, 10:48:59 am »

Lovely.... This is not going to end well and there will be lots of bickering instead of helping people.

And now we're in for the inevitable multi sided fighting between a variety of groups, including the pro vs. anti gay, as well as the NRA who just cares guns aren't blamed. Don't know if anybody's going to focus on the victims, or if anyone's caring about the larger impact on the gay community, their families, etc.

Of course what they're currently calling the largest mass shooting in America is against gays.... Not surprised. Saddened yes. Surprised no. Best part, they were minding their own business hanging out in their club and even that's not safe.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 05:34:39 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #105398 on: June 12, 2016, 10:53:11 am »

Largest single person mass killing in american history, actually, from what I've been seeing, if the minimum-50 dead is accurate. Next down was virginia tech (iirc) at 44 via bomb, apparently. Next shootings down were in the 20s and 30s.

Have to say I'm a bit worried now that my memory started working and reminded me I know folks in that area :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105399 on: June 12, 2016, 10:59:35 am »

*hugs everybody*

I don't know what to say about Orlando.  But I too am deeply saddened by this.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105400 on: June 12, 2016, 11:05:18 am »

I'm sad, shocked, the natural, but I don't want to just be sitting here outraged. People say that "change begins with you", and all of that inspiring stuff, but don't give us a path to start, any real instructions, no real hope for change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #105401 on: June 12, 2016, 11:34:24 am »

I checked in on my "friend" in Florida and he was like "What?  Oh that was hundreds of miles away :P" then described to me every covenant in Dark Souls 3 :|

His callousness and self-absorption are actually kinda comforting in their familiarity.  Heh, what a jerk...  I honestly feel better now.  I tell him off and break contact for a month, then I come back and there's no recrimination at all...  He's just happy to hear from me and starts ranting about stupid crap.  Relationships are so stupid!

Not that we're together again or anything, just...  It was comforting.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #105402 on: June 12, 2016, 12:21:37 pm »

You know what pissed me off today? I go into work after a few shit days in a row and ten minutes into my shift I get robbed. At least I got to go home early - I'd probably have ended up breaking my facade of politeness at some customer or other doing something dumb.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #105403 on: June 12, 2016, 01:38:57 pm »

Forty killed by Islamist militants in Ethiopia. The president of Gambia wants to genocide the Mandinkas. Boko Haram killed thirty-two and displaced over forty thousand. That's in the last week.

But, you know, white people in America are dying.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105404 on: June 12, 2016, 01:45:00 pm »

Outlaw guns, fisticuffs only. I'll rule the world in a week.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 7025 7026 [7027] 7028 7029 ... 8167