Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7024 7025 [7026] 7027 7028 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455385 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #105375 on: June 09, 2016, 10:59:49 pm »

If it's of any consolation: Most critically ill people do lapse into delirium, in my experience. It pretty much can't be helped.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105376 on: June 09, 2016, 11:18:16 pm »

Negligence is inexcusable.

Honestly?  I'd sue, if I could.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105377 on: June 10, 2016, 01:33:06 am »

At that point it's basically manslaughter.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #105378 on: June 10, 2016, 01:34:32 am »

??? Manslaughter?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #105379 on: June 10, 2016, 01:35:05 am »

Spent today dismantling the robot I've been helping build for the past several months. The structural frame was basically falling apart from all the emergency testing and moving it around, and the connection bolts were shitty and rusting, so we need to take it completely apart and replace all of them.

Spoiler: Maggiebot ;_;7 (click to show/hide)
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105380 on: June 10, 2016, 01:38:43 am »

??? Manslaughter?
manˇslaughˇter
The crime of killing a human being without malice aforethought, or otherwise in circumstances not amounting to murder.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #105381 on: June 10, 2016, 02:15:53 am »

???

When people are dying due to chronic/degenerative pathologies, they tend to develop delirium. It does not follow that someone is at fault

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105382 on: June 10, 2016, 04:27:30 am »

They'd be at fault if the stuff they were supposed to do would have staved off the sickness or whatever. BF didn't say that but I gave myself the impression that he did.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #105383 on: June 10, 2016, 06:16:29 am »

They'd be at fault if the stuff they were supposed to do would have staved off the sickness or whatever. BF didn't say that but I gave myself the impression that he did.

You don't really know what took place, yet you're willing to shape up an impromptu online lynching commitee, based on an ambiguous comment by one of the bereaved.

It's human to want to blame someone for misfortunes. Problem is, sometimes bad things happen to good people, and it's really unfair to start pointing fingers at healthcare professionals. Delirium in critically ill/terminal patients is rather common. I'd go as far as saying that in my personal experience the only times I've seen someone dying not lapse into delirium were the ones in which they were sedated beforehand. Nobody's really lucid when the body is shutting down.  :(

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #105384 on: June 10, 2016, 07:30:42 am »

Always lynch the medical workers and psychiatrist. Remember: medical workers are always evil and hate you, and psychiatrists are useless quacks that you don't need.

Also no, Tiruin, I'm being sarcastic.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #105385 on: June 10, 2016, 02:25:19 pm »

So depressed. There's nothing to do to distract myself from the depression. Nothing keeps my interest.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105386 on: June 10, 2016, 04:14:34 pm »

It would have lessened his delirium, but there's no telling how much it would have helped. He was terminal either way, as he had cancer. It started in his liver, I think, but once it spread to his spine it rapidly made its way everywhere.

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #105387 on: June 10, 2016, 04:21:15 pm »

Shit happened. Moving out of to my grandma's house. Never coming back again.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105388 on: June 10, 2016, 05:25:48 pm »

@Spehss_:*hugs hugs hugs*

@Magnumcannon: :(
*hugs*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #105389 on: June 10, 2016, 06:41:59 pm »

I feel like I'm not gonna get into the navy because of my allergies. Well technically I'm handing in the allergy test result sometime next week but still. All sources I've been looking at makes it seem unlikely by the day.

And the fucking test result itself is useless. All it basically say is "Yes, you do have allergies". All I wanted to know if the reaction is something that can be considered fatal or not. Which is the biggest factor I'm looking for since its immediate grounds for disqualification.

Now I have no clue what to do with my future if I don't get in.
Pages: 1 ... 7024 7025 [7026] 7027 7028 ... 8167