Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7023 7024 [7025] 7026 7027 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9453765 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #105360 on: June 08, 2016, 12:51:17 pm »

*applies more hugs*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #105361 on: June 08, 2016, 06:44:35 pm »

Funeral has a date.

Parents are watching me annoyingly closely. Friends have told me I'm not allowed to tap out.

I'm tired.

...Whose funeral?
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #105362 on: June 08, 2016, 06:56:35 pm »

Funeral has a date.

Parents are watching me annoyingly closely. Friends have told me I'm not allowed to tap out.

I'm tired.

...Whose funeral?
Yours!
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #105363 on: June 08, 2016, 06:59:59 pm »

AAARGbleh
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105364 on: June 08, 2016, 07:13:04 pm »

Wheeeeeee full on panic attack time.

TL;DR: An actor/director at Profile Theatre in Chicago has been physically and mentally abusing his various casts for years and years, to the point where he legitimately beat them on stage, gaslit them offstage, and just controlled them to such a point that nobody went really really public with this until now. It's been happening for about 20 years.

This is probably freaking me out a lot more than it should, but theatre is pretty much the only thing I feel comfortable and safe doing, so this is fucking me up big time. Everything, everything, everything you are taught tells you how you've got to be safe and consensual about everything and just. I can't deal with the fact that people don't do that. It goes against everything you're ever taught and it's so so so awful. Especially in such a vulnerable situation. Jesus christ.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #105365 on: June 08, 2016, 07:34:26 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105366 on: June 08, 2016, 08:32:20 pm »

Funeral has a date.

I'm tired.

...Whose funeral?
A close friend of MorleyDev's, who passed away recently.

@MorleyDev: Hope you're coping alright. I don't know if you drink tea, but it seems like a steady supply of freshly-brewed cups of tea would be a good thing to have in your situation. Or maybe hot chocolate, if you prefer. Maybe you could get some of your meatspace people to supply you with comforting hot beverages?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #105367 on: June 08, 2016, 09:34:54 pm »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105368 on: June 08, 2016, 10:00:33 pm »

A while ago I got a letter from Work and Income a while ago requesting that I come in for an appointment. I called them to say I wouldn't be able to make it to the appointment because I was doing a driving course (that they'd put me on).
Later I get a letter saying that I didn't meet my obligations and further negligence would result in my benefit being cut. I called them to say that I both warned them in advance and had a legitimate reason.
Later I got another letter requesting that I come in for a seminar. I called them to say I wouldn't be able to make it on that day because of the driving course.
Now I get another letter saying I haven't met my obligations. I called in to say that I warned them and have good reason. They want to make an appointment to address it... in August.

I just... jus... hng.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #105369 on: June 08, 2016, 11:40:37 pm »

Freaking out over the house hunt.  We have exactly two weeks left before we have to be moved out, and we haven't found a place yet. 

Application fees are ridiculous and always non-refundable, so we have to apply for places to rent one at a time.  We didn't expect it to be so difficult, so we spent our first week after notice looking at places within a pretty narrow set of criteria, and submitting an application for one on Friday.  Someone else got approved for it first. 

So we expanded our search and applied for another place this morning.  Denied, because apparently our criminal history checks turned up something, and we have no idea what it is.  Our roommate has a misdemeanor that we can't imagine being legitimate grounds to reject our application.  But we can't think of any other basis. 

So we've submitted a request to the agency that does these background checks for a copy of the report.  Who fucking knows how long that will take.  In the meantime, it's pointless to apply for anymore places. 

Two weeks left.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #105370 on: June 09, 2016, 01:12:24 am »

Application fees are ridiculous and always non-refundable
For a house?! Whose idea was that, and what good can come of it? It's literally extortion, as a house/apartment is an essential product to anyone. I can already see a scummy landlord taking a dozen applications a day but rejecting each one just to collect the application fees.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105371 on: June 09, 2016, 01:58:30 am »

Whose idea was that, and what good can come of it?
muh free market
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #105372 on: June 09, 2016, 04:23:15 am »

America. Remember—if you can't abuse the little guy, it's not freedom!
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105373 on: June 09, 2016, 12:40:47 pm »

*hugs everybody, again*

@O.Wilde: One exception doesn't make the entire thing less safe.

@OW:Wow, those guys really don't get it do they.  Good luck with the bureaucracy...

@SalmonGod:I can but wish you luck and also less crazy landlords.

Application fees are ridiculous and always non-refundable
For a house?! Whose idea was that, and what good can come of it? It's literally extortion, as a house/apartment is an essential product to anyone. I can already see a scummy landlord taking a dozen applications a day but rejecting each one just to collect the application fees.
[ANGRY RAGE INTENSIFIES]
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105374 on: June 09, 2016, 10:14:19 pm »

The thought that the Personal Support Workers could have done more to help.

While clearing out old stuff, it was found that the supplies that were supposed to prevent delirium weren't used at all. A ton of syringes were found, completely unused. No wonder he was so bad at the end. The doctors said he had one of the worst cases of delirium they had seen in a while.

This is more rage than sad, but that thread doesn't exist any more.
Pages: 1 ... 7023 7024 [7025] 7026 7027 ... 8167