Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7017 7018 [7019] 7020 7021 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9451497 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #105270 on: June 05, 2016, 06:07:27 am »

Shit, that's horrible. Hope you're doing okay.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #105271 on: June 05, 2016, 08:10:22 am »

Found out yesterday that one of my closest friends has killed herself.

I want my friend back.
Criping feck, that's ...
I'm sorry for the loss, and that she felt she had to go that far.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #105272 on: June 05, 2016, 08:27:56 am »

The world's a little bit emptier of a place now without her in it. I want my friend back, I want to see her one more time, talk to her. Hug her, joke with her in that weird way I never have been able to with anyone else, fall asleep in the same bed one more time, have that one movie night we'd both been planning on when she got back in town.

We've both been battling depression, she's the one who convinced me to get help. We'd sometimes call each other if things got loud, I just wish she'd called me this time. Or I'd something. I should have been able to do something. I know it's illogical and irrational and unhealthy, but I feel like I failed her. I should of been able to do something.

I never even got to say goodbye. Last interaction I had with her was a text congratulating me on avoiding a hangover.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 08:33:15 am by MorleyDev »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105273 on: June 05, 2016, 08:39:44 am »

*hugs MorleyDev*

Nothing I can really say, apart from offering my deepest condolences, although I doubt those are much help. 
I hope there's some way you can... I don't know, focus on the happy memories of your friend, just remembering the good times you had together. Treasure those. Hang in there. Remember you can always talk to/vent at us.
I'm sorry I can't help.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #105274 on: June 05, 2016, 08:46:44 am »

It's the most unfair thing in the world that depression skewed her viewpoint to the point that she felt killing herself and taking all she offered to it away was her only option.

Nothing any of us say will be able to make you feel better, and we can only act as a crude fascimile of an audience for your grief. Nonetheless, our sympathies lie with you.

Eventually you will heal and be able to realize that it wasn't your fault. Even if there wasn't an explicit goodbye. That's on her, not you.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105275 on: June 05, 2016, 09:14:28 am »

*hugs MorleyDev*

I'm sorry.  I'm sorry for your loss, and I'm sorry I don't know how to help you.  But...I'll try anyway.

Also, *hugs JoshuaFH, hugs chaotic skies and hopes that that friend didn't break her foot, hugs femmelf, hugs Caroline and passes some ibuprofen, hugs Xan (despite the tentacles), pats IINL*

And while I can't promise I'll be much use, anybody who wants to is welcome to PM me.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 09:24:11 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #105276 on: June 05, 2016, 03:11:24 pm »

*hugs MorleyDev*

My deepest condolences.

I'd like to add more, but everything i could say has already been said.

^
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105277 on: June 05, 2016, 03:39:01 pm »

*hugs MorleyDev*

My deepest condolences.

^
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105278 on: June 05, 2016, 05:48:20 pm »

so, i cant expect anything of myself without sorely disappointing myself and others. finger pistols!
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #105279 on: June 05, 2016, 06:17:48 pm »

Got fired from my agency job, pissed off my best friend/love to the point that she refuses to speak to me anymore, and nowhere closer to doing the things that I want/need to do.

But thing positive, right? Right? RIGHT?

Yeah... Chin up.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105280 on: June 05, 2016, 06:36:03 pm »

*hugs MorleyDev*

My deepest condolences.

^
We all want to give so much more than we have, but we can only offer condolences.

so, i cant expect anything of myself without sorely disappointing myself and others. finger pistols!
You are yourself, and to improve at "anything", keep trying, learn from failure, and study from success. Expectations don't equal results, but state of mind can effect them, so instead just tell yourself that you can, with effort, improve. I don't think you're a disappointment, personally, but to the people who don't expect much from you, strive to prove them wrong, strive to shock them, and strive to go beyond their standards. With effort, improve yourself, reassess yourself, and have "others" reassess you.

Got fired from my agency job, pissed off my best friend/love to the point that she refuses to speak to me anymore, and nowhere closer to doing the things that I want/need to do.

But thing positive, right? Right? RIGHT?

Yeah... Chin up.
Hard luck on losing your job, but take the initiative and opportunity to seek out a new employer, with the experience you had from your previous one? Not really knowledgeable on these matters.
If both of you are friends, odds are that it'll just be a bit of time before you or them apologise to the other, and things continue.
Work towards what you want and need. You have energy and time, exploit both to reach your goal.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #105281 on: June 05, 2016, 07:16:51 pm »

We all want to give so much more than we have, but we can only offer condolences.
... This, so much. I felt a deep and unpleasant sting reading about what has happened, Morley, and... I really wish i could say something beyond "my deepest condolences". :-/

also greeting guys guess what i have to talk about my bowels again

I am getting reeeeeeeeeeeeally tired of having to deal with bowel discomfort on basically a daily basis. Quite frankly, it's getting to the point where if i was offered to take all the time that i've had and will have to waste on the loo thanks to various bowel things and shave it off the ass end of my natural life span (where i'd probably be demented and decrepit anyways, which can barely be called "living" as much as "existing") in return for not having to experience bowel discomfort ever again, i'd jump on that offer in a heartbeat. I mean fuck, it'd only be like 2 years less, and if it meant that i'd be able to enjoy all the other years much more, would that even be a bad trade at all? Man, what a nice thought, to be able to do anything and go anywhere without having to worry about that.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105282 on: June 05, 2016, 07:41:03 pm »

You haven't disappointed us.  *hugs*

*hugpats*
Things will get better.  It will help if you work at it, of course, but they will.

@Shook:Yeeouch.  That's gotta suck...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #105283 on: June 05, 2016, 07:43:58 pm »

Hard luck on losing your job, but take the initiative and opportunity to seek out a new employer, with the experience you had from your previous one? Not really knowledgeable on these matters.
If both of you are friends, odds are that it'll just be a bit of time before you or them apologise to the other, and things continue.
Work towards what you want and need. You have energy and time, exploit both to reach your goal.

Good wisdom. It's kinda hard to see a way to move forward from here, but it's got to be done. Just seeing that someone else has the same idea about it as me is a great starting point. So thanks, yo

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #105284 on: June 05, 2016, 09:26:58 pm »

My worst nightmare has come true, and the tensions between my parents have risen to a point where my mum has left, taking a bag of stuff with her. I don't know when or if she's coming back.

And the worst part? It's my fault.

It's because I rely on her too much, and because I'm trans, and she needs support that nobody can give her to cope with me being trans, and it's because I failed, and this is literally, my worst nightmare. My mother has left me, due to my actions, who I am, and other things. I don't know what I'm going to do now.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay
Pages: 1 ... 7017 7018 [7019] 7020 7021 ... 8167