Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7013 7014 [7015] 7016 7017 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9449249 times)

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #105210 on: June 01, 2016, 09:35:39 pm »

Why am I such a fucking hypocrit. Seriously. I need to know.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #105211 on: June 01, 2016, 11:13:19 pm »

Why am I such a fucking hypocrit. Seriously. I need to know.
Generally the answer is the limited perspective that comes with being human and/or wanting to uphold standards that subconsciously you don't really want to. Conflicting desires and all.

To give any further advice I'd need context, but rest assured all of us are hypocrites in one way or another just by existing. It's not necessarily a mark of shame.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #105212 on: June 02, 2016, 02:34:09 am »

2:30 AM. Stayed up too late looking at the internet. Again. Been getting in the habit of doing that again. It's bad. Wastes time.

I really think I have a form of internet addiction. Should probably try to break that.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105213 on: June 02, 2016, 03:20:05 am »

I really think I have a form of internet addiction. Should probably try to break that.
You and me both
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #105214 on: June 02, 2016, 05:28:36 am »

I love how when I wake up in the morning and can't bend my back because it hurts my mother's first reaction is to nag me about how I need to excercise more again as if that'll make me invincible

Also, I've been working out for over a year so that she'll shut the fuck up about that finally but apparently that's not good enough because she supposedly walks 10 miles every day at work therefore I need to spend 5 hours after I get home from school trying to outdo her or I'm just a lil wimp lel

It's amazing how my mother can find an excuse to nag me about either my hair, school, or excercise at any given moment, and also act like her walking all day makes her super fit when she still weighs like 300 pounds and is not as strong as me even thoigh she constantly brags about how she's super strong and was raised on a farm or whatever

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105215 on: June 02, 2016, 08:29:11 am »

2:30 AM. Stayed up too late looking at the internet. Again. Been getting in the habit of doing that again. It's bad. Wastes time.

I've been regularly staying up until 6 AM for the same reason. Makes you feel pretty shitty in the morning afternoon.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #105216 on: June 02, 2016, 12:07:07 pm »

So I am going to hospital in a couple of days and apparently I won't be out before school year ends.
Which means I won't see her until september, which is pretty fucking sad, despite all this. Some people say we should just stop and talk again because holy shit for how long you can drag this but then we're proably both way too stubborn. I think she actually did want to approach me the other day but then people happened and she didin't. Meh.
It's okay we haven't been talking for like 200 days we can not talk for another 100. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm also in horrible mood because EVERYTHING IS SO FUCKING ITCHY AND HURTS SO MUCH AND GOD DAMN I LOOK LIKE A TOMATO (at least not on my face, but it's pretty bad and I practically can't wear shorts or even short sleeved stuff to not scare babies).
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
It's FEF, not FEOF

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #105218 on: June 02, 2016, 12:35:08 pm »

Sorry about earlier and being confusing. I was just...frustrated, I guess. I don't really have an explanation for that.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #105219 on: June 02, 2016, 01:33:19 pm »

People in general only seem to tell me how much they appreciate me and like me and want to stay in touch in the period just before they cut off all contact and pretend I don't exist.

I never use emoji but I feel the sarcastic laughing/crying one would be appropriate
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #105220 on: June 02, 2016, 02:17:27 pm »

Welp, i know this sounds fairly minor compared to most things in here, but it has been waaaaaaay too hot outside today and the past few days (25-26 Celcius in the shade), and it looks like it's going to continue for the foreseeable future. I can't sleep properly at night because i end up sweating, i overheat just by sitting still in this heat, and we don't have any airconditioning in the house. Now, rhetorical pop quiz: How nice do you think it is to have to push around a 40 kg wagon around in this hellish furnace of an outside world? The answer is "0/10 would not do again if i could avoid it". Ugh. I don't get what people enjoy about this kind of weather, and frankly, this is the part of summer that i DIDN'T miss during the winter (another notable part i didn't miss is the insect part). I liked the Icelandic summer much better. >.>
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #105221 on: June 02, 2016, 03:14:19 pm »

I like winter because if you're cold, you can put on a sweatshirt, wrap up in a blanket or make some hot chocolate. When you're hot, what are you supposed to do? Rip of your skin? It's almost impossible to cool off in the summer! Winter though...it's great. Also being burried in snow is a great excuse to stay home and do nothing all day.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #105222 on: June 02, 2016, 03:19:18 pm »

My SOP for summer is to go into a full-on lockdown mode, with curtains down 24/7 to keep the heat out. Fucking summer. Although a rainy day in May/June is quite pretty, in its own weird way.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #105223 on: June 02, 2016, 03:33:19 pm »

So my father came back from overseas...

And he can get quite a temper sometimes.

Earlier this afternoon, he realized he had missed an important meeting (I think it was with his doctor). He checked the phone I lent him, and it was on silent (I hadn't turned it off), and he had missed a call he had been expecting. He started shouting and raised the phone in the air as if it to smash it against the ground, or maybe my foot (I was standing next to him when he was doing this). I felt bad.

When I asked Mom about it, she said that there was nothing I could do about it (one of the lines I hate the most, and one of the things I hate the most about Mom), and that it was something work-related. Earlier when Dad and I were talking, Dad said he was worried about us (his sons), and then said that I couldn't do anything about it when I asked how I could help.

When I pressed Mom on her problem and admonished/scolded/insulted her for changing the subject after her answer, as well as answering with that kind of attitude, she got upset at me for a bit too.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105224 on: June 02, 2016, 04:26:16 pm »

a way that won't jeapordise the friendship I've already got
This appears to be a common theme: Friendships being put in jeopardy by romantic stuff. Why do we culturally assume this to be the case? As long as folks are open about everything and considerate of others' motives, feelings, and interests, nothing bad happens apart from a bit of awkwardness.

Context: I've had something like this work out fine one-and-a-half times in the past six months, and it worked out fine (as far as I can tell) for a friend of mine. I'd say that's at least a hint that conventional wisdom may be wrong here.

Which means I won't see her until september, which is pretty fucking sad, despite all this. Some people say we should just stop and talk again because holy shit for how long you can drag this but then we're proably both way too stubborn.
Y'know, for me it was a great step forward to finally make it clear (both to her and to myself) that complete silence was a permanent state, and not just a temporary thing. It finally removed the internal tension of 'having to be' friends with her in the future.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 7013 7014 [7015] 7016 7017 ... 8167