Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7010 7011 [7012] 7013 7014 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429832 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #105165 on: May 30, 2016, 10:57:20 pm »

Eh. People react to stress in different ways. That particular response is at least fairly common, and there's no exact time frame to get over it, as it were.
Just... don't act on it, obviously, and focus on getting out of the situations that make you feel like that in the first place. If it does persist to the point you're worried about it, then maybe chat to someone, but I wouldn't be too concerned.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105166 on: May 30, 2016, 11:09:02 pm »

I agree with OW.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105167 on: May 31, 2016, 01:17:00 am »

Prozac has possibly been giving me wonderful nightmares lately that include people dying as well as shoving my emotions and fears and past screw ups in my face.

Gods I hope this goes away soon and that it isn't actually my meds doing this to me.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #105168 on: May 31, 2016, 02:56:12 am »

God I'm tired of being fat and out of shape and I keep telling people this and that I'm trying to eat healthy so please please do not bring easy snacks, cakes, soda, etc. into my house, especially not in large quantities I'd have a hard time throwing away

And whenever I try to explain this in media res, I get a wink and a cheeky "you need to treat yourself once in a while" ;^)

I've been treating myself a fair bloody lot more than "once in a while" for around 20 years, that's why I have a body like a ziploc full of gelatin and can't run for more than thirty feet without getting winded god dammit, and now that I'm trying too little too late to change it I wish you would just god damn listen to me for once
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #105169 on: May 31, 2016, 09:43:21 am »

Please do not quote:

Just learned I did not get this job....

Interview took hours and went well. Met entire staff; owner "half joked" it was the perfect job for me.

Then in the "any other questions or comments" part at the end of the interview, I told him the truth

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

People do not get it.

Please do not quote:
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105170 on: May 31, 2016, 09:56:18 am »

*hugs Truean*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #105171 on: May 31, 2016, 11:35:34 am »

[..]
I can't help but having a part of me (that I don't like) feeling I should've [...]
Mind if I PM you about things like these and other parts I see about ya? :<

That part associates with the present--what's happening around you; thing is, what's happening around you is filled with social pressure, constructed pressure (eg Conformity), and this is affecting that part of you affecting you. It is amoral (not immoral :v), but note what and where it is directed to; everyone has mental mechanisms working towards something in their external or internal environment and given their natural//innate nature, it is most apparent by 'feeling'.

*hugs* to you ma'am. :/

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #105172 on: May 31, 2016, 01:31:39 pm »

Thank you both. T, OK.

Here's the thing(s) about that:

A.) Practically: You're right and that's why these monsters keep getting away with this shit.
-Punish the healer; hate the cure; wonder why the sickness persists.... And, the punchline to the joke is saying, "someone save us."
B.) Strategically: If I say nothing, got hired, and someone said something, then I would be "hiding something."
-Damned if you do; damned if you don't.
C.) If it does somehow come up: Did nothing wrong; fought it off and won. Beat them once; will again. [shrugs]

Still hosed and I want to make it clear I'm not blaming you greatorder. I am not mad at you. I am distressed with the situation.

There are more points, but right now, I'm kinda bummed out about it.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 01:49:50 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #105173 on: May 31, 2016, 01:58:49 pm »

Eh. People react to stress in different ways. That particular response is at least fairly common, and there's no exact time frame to get over it, as it were.
Just... don't act on it, obviously, and focus on getting out of the situations that make you feel like that in the first place. If it does persist to the point you're worried about it, then maybe chat to someone, but I wouldn't be too concerned.
It has persisted for several years, and the whole point of what I was saying was that I was worried about it. As I attwmpted to make clear a few days ago, I do not have anyone who I can talk to about it.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #105174 on: May 31, 2016, 02:54:16 pm »

I'm doing my thesis (I guess, no idea what it would be properly called, basically, the thing you write and have to present after three years of Bologna style uni) and I've been a lazy/busy arse and did sweet fuck all up to this point, which is ok because I have the entire summer if I want to. What isn't fine is that it requires certain lab equipment and measurments, which we are doing now because the assistant and professor will most likely be absent for most of the summer. I need to prepare some stuff for freaking tommorrow so I can know what I'm doing, which wouldn't be a problem since I dabble in the subject matter anyways and could probably wing it if I had to. But I'm dead tired and can barely concentrate, let alone translate technobabble and integrate it into my knowledge base at the same time.

Blergh
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105175 on: May 31, 2016, 03:12:13 pm »

*applies hugpats*
Sigtext

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #105176 on: May 31, 2016, 03:52:09 pm »

*applies excessive amounts of coffee and hugs*

Dude, take a nap. Then work on it. Also, get some coffee. It helps.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #105177 on: May 31, 2016, 04:03:42 pm »

Me and naps don't get along, similar for coffee, it keeps me awake/wakes me up, but it doesn't ensure the focus needed for functioning properly. The plan is to power trough another hour maybe, collapse then get up early and continue from there.

Tho, talking with some collegues now, it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal as the assistant did most of the work for them :V
Still, can't do any harm to know this stuff, I'll need it anyways.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #105178 on: May 31, 2016, 04:46:07 pm »

I hate that I'm surrounded by people who don't understand me and that the people who do are so far away that they couldn't help me if they wanted to.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #105179 on: May 31, 2016, 05:02:04 pm »

*applies hugs*

I wish I could help, but...I'm terrible at understanding myself, let alone other people, so I'd just make things worse :V
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer
Pages: 1 ... 7010 7011 [7012] 7013 7014 ... 8167