Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7007 7008 [7009] 7010 7011 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9428978 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #105120 on: May 25, 2016, 02:44:55 pm »

You can do bad stuff without getting in trouble.

Besides, not doing bad stuff solely because you'll get in trouble, even if it applied to all bad things, isn't the best system either...
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #105121 on: May 25, 2016, 03:43:32 pm »

It's only illegal if you get caught, kids! :P
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #105122 on: May 25, 2016, 03:59:51 pm »

That's what they said. Then they were arrested for killing people's pets :P
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #105123 on: May 25, 2016, 04:16:25 pm »

i cant do anything :/

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #105124 on: May 25, 2016, 04:20:59 pm »

Take a walk. Grab a pair of pants and a shirt. Put them on. Put on shoes. If it's raining or cold, grab a jacket. Go walk around. Even if you don't talk to anyone and just look at stuff, it's still good. It gets you seen, and if enough people see you enough, one of them is bound to be curious and come talk to you. If nothing else, use it as an excuse to clear your mind. It also helps you get in better shape, which may or may not be important, I'm not sure and I'm not judging. The point is, go out and do something, anything before you end up regreting not doing anything.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105125 on: May 25, 2016, 04:25:52 pm »

My nan's partner's cancer may have spread to his brain. It's not his medication, we know that. He's completely out of his mind, and can't remember much of anything anymore. It's almost random, what he does and doesn't know.

Also, Gord Downie, singer for The Tragically Hip, has terminal brain cancer.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #105126 on: May 25, 2016, 04:29:00 pm »

I was going to be an asshole, but instead I'll say this: Cancer isn't fun, for anyone involved. The most you can do is help the person that has cancer, and try your hardest to make them happy. Otherwise, the best you can do is hope the medicine helps, and wait.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #105127 on: May 25, 2016, 06:10:55 pm »

Dammit. I may be disqualified for the Navy because of my crab allergies.

There is a light of hope that as long as its not fatal, like the one that makes it hard to breath or something, I may still get in. I just need to have it tested.

So I'm generally hopeful since crabs hasn't killed me yet. Maybe I should eat crabs till I stop having any kind of reaction.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #105128 on: May 25, 2016, 06:13:48 pm »

Just don't over do it; it can still kill you if you eat too much.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #105129 on: May 25, 2016, 06:16:11 pm »

I realized that I have never had any real friend, or anyone who I have felt any real attatchment to for my entire life. When I was little I had other kids who I called my friends, but that was just because I didn'r actually understand what a friend really was at the time because I never had any "friends" who did much besides piss me off amd generally pick on me for their amusement. Things might have been different if my brother didn't exist since he's the one who introduced everyone to these stupendous activities, since he had been doing it for longer than I can remember, probably since we were in the womb, and is the only person who continued doing this after I became 12 or so, though he still does it to this day. When I got picked on, my mother punished me for reasons that I can't remember and still don't understand. The other day, after I mentioned that I was picked on in elementary school, she was shocked and surprised.

When I was in middle school I came sort of close to having friends, except my brother effectively managed to piss on my parade once more because he prevented me from talking to people he knew (meaning everyone) because apparently the fact that I existed embarassed the fuck out of him or something, I don't know. Thus began a three-year phase where I stopped being excitable and weird and started to become incredibly quiet and stopped associating with people altogether. This in turn began a phase where my mother began acting like even more of a bitch because she earnestly believed that everyone who was quiet was only so because they were secretly terrified of being near other humans ("I understand because I was exactly like you when I was young! I had social anxiety, and I don't understand the difference between introversion and social anxiety so they're the same thing! The only reason why you thing that I don't understand is because you're an edgy angsty teen and not because I'm objectively wrong!). She attempted to fix me to be a perfectly social child via incessant nagging and generally putting me down while refusing to deal with the real problem, which was my brother.

Fagt forward a couple more years, I am now 17 years old, I am a junior in high school, have still never had anyone who I liked at all except for this one girl who I've had a crush on but will never be motivated enough to become acquainted with, I am as excitable as a stone and I have never done anything fun with anyone else.

And now I feel awful again because talking about this kind of shit makes me want to cry.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #105130 on: May 25, 2016, 06:36:21 pm »

If it makes you want to cry, cry. It really does help, no matter how cheesy that sounds.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105131 on: May 25, 2016, 11:47:29 pm »

You could tell her that the book convinced you to convert to Protestantism.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #105132 on: May 26, 2016, 12:08:01 am »

I would say you could tell her to go away and that she's not a school teacher, but I don't know that and it would probably make things worse anyway :I

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #105133 on: May 26, 2016, 09:29:14 am »

You could tell her that the book convinced you to convert to Protestantism.

It is the only reasonable Christian option, after all...
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105134 on: May 26, 2016, 01:42:24 pm »

@Caroline:And I thought I had it bad when my parents wouldn't stop pestering me about voluntary reading choices while I was reading them...

Wow.

*applies hugpats*

Wish I had some advice for you.

You could turn the 'the computer is rotting your brain' thing around with 'phones are computers too'.

@IronTomato:*hugpats*
That...Sucks.
But yeah, if you want to cry, take some time and cry, it'll help.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 7007 7008 [7009] 7010 7011 ... 8167