Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6996 6997 [6998] 6999 7000 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9434053 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #104955 on: May 16, 2016, 09:31:25 pm »

It's 3:30 AM, I wake up in 2 hours, I'm still a retard and just posting to make myself better for a while because maybe some randoms on internet care enough to pretend to care.
asdfs
Waking up at 5:30 sucks.
*pats*
Go back to sleep, dude, you're tired and being depressed.
Hope you're feeling better.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104956 on: May 16, 2016, 11:24:26 pm »

cat
Alley cats will break your heart like that =/  If it isn't afraid to come inside, giving it food and a clean dry place to rest can help a lot.

Also: is the swelling/infection localized? Cats, especially strays, are prone to abscesses. They look ugly but they're not often dangerous; draining it and keeping the area clean would help. One of my cats is getting over one at the moment, actually. He tried to fight a stray and got scratched between the ears for his trouble; it swelled up for a day or two and then burst and drained itself in a distressingly messy manner. It's healing well, but he's temporarily lost all the fur between his ears.

When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #104957 on: May 16, 2016, 11:27:36 pm »

I have an essay due tomorrow and it's 10:30. I must now pull it out of my ass and email it to said teacher before I collapse from exhaustion.
...FLÄSHYN.
Update: DID IT
AAAGH
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #104958 on: May 16, 2016, 11:57:33 pm »

YAAAARG!
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #104959 on: May 17, 2016, 12:17:19 am »

I'm starting to genuinely hate the sound of just, human voices in general.

I feel like I'm a pencil that's been sharpened and broken and sharpened again until it's just a chip of wood and a tiny nub of an eraser. I feel ground down. I need a vacation or something. Not likely to get one though. Every day of the week some shitty fucking thing happens and I have to be up at seven in the morning to deal with the repercussions. All of the adults and authority figures in my life are helpless neurotics, and I'm tired of tanking the fallout from decisions made decades before I was born.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 12:21:54 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #104960 on: May 17, 2016, 08:57:35 am »

Alley cats will break your heart like that =/  If it isn't afraid to come inside, giving it food and a clean dry place to rest can help a lot.
No alleys for it to cat in, but yeah, it's been an outside cat. Feed it (and... like, over a dozen other cats, if you count the kittens out there right now) regularly, so that's not an issue, but I'll think about setting things up so he's got access to a clean(er, anyway) spot somewhere or another. S'not a bad idea. Inside is a bigger question, since the other house people don't particularly want cats inside, and the other care bits besides food would be money we can't much afford at the mo', but... yeah.

Also: is the swelling/infection localized? Cats, especially strays, are prone to abscesses. They look ugly but they're not often dangerous; draining it and keeping the area clean would help.
Yeah, so far localized, so it's definitely possible... haven't seen many things like it before with the cats in this area, though, which was the worrying bit. Biggest personal concern really is that it's a snakebite that's just taking a while to finish him off, which I've seen happen before, or some kind of internal issue (though it starting to ooze reduces that likelihood). Any recommendations for draining and cleaning? Despite all the years I've had cats I've never actually done or seen done something of that nature :-\

And... best of luck, other folks. Iti, I totally feel you on the voice thing in particular... went through a few periods of that myself. If it means anything to you, I found talking to myself helped with that a lot, particularly with a fair bit of ham. There's was a period I was quoting plays and speeches and whatnot to myself fairly regularly, heh, so I'd be having fun with the human voice (/at all) instead of it (and the people using it) just inflicting misery upon me. Made the overall experience more bearable, if not necessarily better.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #104961 on: May 17, 2016, 09:19:46 am »

For draining the pus (puss?), the best option is to expose the wound by carefully trimming the fur, clean out dirt and scabbing with warm saline or similar and apply gentle pressure.

If it's bad enough, you may need to lance, which you can do with a very sharp, sterilised knife (boil and wipe with alcohol). You'll need a helper to subdue the unfortunate victim, and a mild sedative would help too. It's pretty painful.

Obligatory note that if you're feeding street cats you should make sure they're spayed or neutered.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #104962 on: May 17, 2016, 09:48:03 am »

Thanks, yeah.

And would if we could, neutering wise. Still looking for low/no cost opportunities (and kiiiiinda' have been for years... tbh, people in general in this area don't care too much about cats save as pest control and target practice), but there's rarely any in this area and the family can't really afford to drop 2-3k (there's a fair number of cats roaming the area we could get to a vet for it, but the quoted price per cat is usually in excess of a hundred USD on the low end, which... not happening, unfortunately) on fixing cats. Though they're more the rural equivalent of street cats, and born and living around the house more than anywhere. Still the same sentiment, and we've been trying for a while to find something that helps with that even remotely close, but... yeah. About the best we can usually manage is to get 'em comfortable around humans and then find homes for 'em, which we definitely try pretty hard t'do. More because they otherwise tend to end up dead than to keep the population down, but still.
Ask not!
Ask!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #104963 on: May 17, 2016, 11:47:26 am »

I'm starting to genuinely hate the sound of just, human voices in general.

I feel like I'm a pencil that's been sharpened and broken and sharpened again until it's just a chip of wood and a tiny nub of an eraser. I feel ground down. I need a vacation or something. Not likely to get one though. Every day of the week some shitty fucking thing happens and I have to be up at seven in the morning to deal with the repercussions. All of the adults and authority figures in my life are helpless neurotics, and I'm tired of tanking the fallout from decisions made decades before I was born.

Feeling exactly the same way.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104964 on: May 17, 2016, 11:52:23 am »

*hugs all the people*

I've no real advice to offer, but...I hope things get better.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104965 on: May 17, 2016, 03:10:00 pm »

Biggest personal concern really is that it's a snakebite that's just taking a while to finish him off, which I've seen happen before, or some kind of internal issue (though it starting to ooze reduces that likelihood).
Oof; I hadn't thought of that. No poisonous snakes in my area so I have no idea what that'd look like. Hopefully it isn't, if he's lasted this long =/

Arx has it for the cleaning/draining. I usually just use a warm wet washcloth and some hydrogen peroxide to help get dirt/pus out of the wound. Not sure about sedation, but having a second person with a pair of gloves to help hold the cat helps.

As for spaying/neutering, try the search tool here. Going by yer profile and searching Arizona, MASH Vet has pretty reasonable prices and HSCAZ has a pay-what-you-can voucher program if you live somewhere called "Rim Country". Or ask your local vets if they know of any places that help out with spaying/neutering strays; some shelters do that kind of thing to help keep populations down.

Please give that cat a pet from me  :)
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #104966 on: May 17, 2016, 06:18:39 pm »

Not actually in arizona, heh, and the nearest free/low cost options I'm aware of are mostly an hour or more's drive away and usually quota'd fairly hard to boot. That search did come up with a couple I wasn't aware of, though, if ones still about that far out. Still 40-50+ usd (plus cost of gas for the trip >_>) which... shit, ~half price is a lot better. It's still more than I'd be able to convince people to pay for a passel of outside cats, unfortunately, and I couldn't pay it myself. Still a good thing to be aware of in the future, heh, so thanks.

And yeah, insofar as the snakes go the only major indication was size/swelling and a bit of shakiness (protip: Watching a cat die to neurotoxins is a complete motherfucker), but it's still a concern, especially with things warming up and the fact that they can occasionally cause death a few days after the bite itself. With the area draining and whatnot it's probably not that, fortunately.

And will do, heh. Cat in particular's one of the handful that's particularly friendly, so it gets attention most of the time I go out the front door.
Ask not!
Ask!

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #104967 on: May 17, 2016, 11:35:14 pm »

Nothing better than realizing that you've spent the last four months suppressing everything you know chasing a day dream that will never happen and ripping your own heart out.
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #104968 on: May 18, 2016, 02:31:28 am »

-snip- (is it possible to delete posts?)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 02:39:56 am by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #104969 on: May 18, 2016, 02:43:47 am »

-snip- (is it possible to delete posts?)
Hit the Report button and say "yo tody pls deleet" or something.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 6996 6997 [6998] 6999 7000 ... 8167