Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6989 6990 [6991] 6992 6993 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9448990 times)

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #104850 on: May 11, 2016, 03:52:10 pm »

imbliferally 81 pounds being 5'7" hat is pretty underweigh
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104851 on: May 11, 2016, 03:53:34 pm »

EAT FOOD.

EAT FOOD NOW.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #104852 on: May 11, 2016, 04:01:25 pm »

imbliferally 81 pounds being 5'7" hat is pretty underweigh
Despite (probably) being a mispelling, 'Imbliferally' sounds like a real word. Like an obscure medical term.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #104853 on: May 11, 2016, 04:02:35 pm »

:c

Be strong, Techy. Everything will be alright. I don't know how, but you have to hope for the best.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #104854 on: May 11, 2016, 04:25:44 pm »

Yeah, holy crap dude, get to eating (and exercising, turn that stuff to muscle power while you're at it eh?), I mean, I've known to skip meals and days and everything and have lost a bunch of weight but I'm nowhere near as bad as that :C

Personal sads, still have a week of work left. It's not that it's especially hard, but it's drone work, you call people constantly and repeat the same three sentances, at which point they tell you they're not interested and you tell them to have a nice day and hang up. Once every hundred calls (I kept track, because it's that mind grinding) some poor sod will say yes and you'll write them down and hey presto the company has another potential chump to scam.
It's despicable and I hate it but I need the money and it pays good.

But hey, atleast it's giving me new appreciation for arting, seems it's true that you gotta have a crappy job to get a proper kick in the ass and start working on your art even more.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104855 on: May 11, 2016, 04:30:02 pm »

I was reading about the "OODA loop" military concept in relation to Trump. I'm wondering how much it applies to human relations in general. OODA stands for Observe, Orient, Decide, and Act: collect information, process it, make a decision, act on the decision. A more agile opponent (faster information process and decision making) can constantly interrupt this process meaning that you can't process new information fast enough to keep up. The concept was referenced in relation to Trump because he's great at derailing opponents so the ball is always in his court. By the time anyone else has worked out what he's talking about, he's interrupted their response with his next line of bullshit.

With what technicallyAdventurer was talking about I was wondering whether this concept applies in general familial relationships. technicallyAdventurer was trying to respond rationally to each new conversation point, gets cut off with irrational responses, and then is fighting a rear-guard action trying to extricate him/herself from the fracas.

You can never extricate yourself from these situations by merely defending yourself, that only pulls you in deeper and gives power to the other party. Think fencing: block, parry, thrust. Reacting to what they say and defending yourself is blocking. But you want to get into a position to thrust. To do that, you need to first parry their attack. e.g. at the height of them speaking, throw in a tangential or ambiguous / passive aggressive statement such as "I don't have time for this". Then when the conversation switches to be about that, then you hit them with your main complaint about their behavior. If they switch it back to be about you, you can reiterate "Look, I told you I don't have time for this". The parry part (tangential statement) is actually pretty important, switch the topic away from yourself before switching it to them to throw their train of thought off. Get them processing new information faster than they can formulate a response.

In this respect you can implement the OODA tactics in daily familial conversation.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 04:35:42 pm by Reelya »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #104856 on: May 11, 2016, 04:34:08 pm »

That's pretty interesting, it also reminds me of that one time a friend parried her mother so to speak. Not by words, mind, but in the middle of her mothers rant she just randomly grabbed her boob. The complete randomness and the act itself stopped her dead in her tracks for quite a while there.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104857 on: May 11, 2016, 04:35:46 pm »

*blinks*
That's...
A tactic.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #104858 on: May 11, 2016, 05:20:55 pm »

Finished physics final. It was shit. Stick a rusty fork in me, I'm done.

Now I just have a calculus final tomorrow. One more day of studying shit. I'm so tired of studying shit. I'm also pretty angry at absolutely everything, everything pisses me off and I hate everything and everyone. So based on this I'd say I have some deeeeeeep dissatisfaction with my life at the moment.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #104859 on: May 11, 2016, 05:24:53 pm »

Awwww... *hugs Techy*

Eat, if you're hungry, and I might not know much about the Imperial system, but I know that 81 pounds is not very much.

And I've had that happen to me too, with my brother. Getting blamed unreasonably for things is pretty annoying. Hope things look up for you soon :).

Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104860 on: May 11, 2016, 05:33:17 pm »

-
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 01:48:03 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104861 on: May 11, 2016, 05:46:54 pm »

What's the point of living if no one will hire me.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104862 on: May 11, 2016, 05:48:26 pm »

Eat, if you're hungry, and I might not know much about the Imperial system, but I know that 81 pounds is not very much.
It is very, very not much.

Being sober is kinda scaring me.
So I'm drinking again today, for tabletop gaming night.  Because between the muggy heat and the sobriety, I don't know how I'd act.
Went too far though, a bit.
Rolan.  We grow by facing our fears.  I wish you the best of luck, and may RNGesus favor you.

What's the point of living if no one will hire me.
Living is not just something you do for a job.

*hugs*
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 05:50:17 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104863 on: May 11, 2016, 05:56:23 pm »

Sigtext

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #104864 on: May 11, 2016, 05:59:15 pm »

Why are all of the adults in my life so helpless
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 6989 6990 [6991] 6992 6993 ... 8167