Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6985 6986 [6987] 6988 6989 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447448 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #104790 on: May 09, 2016, 07:30:21 pm »

@Kot, Shook:*patpatpat*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #104791 on: May 09, 2016, 11:21:00 pm »

I just realized I'm kind of enjoying this never-ending, downward-spiraling pit of sadness, failure, self-destruction...all that good stuff. I guess I finally got bored of "Hey let's be normal and fairly happy and enjoy that!" so instead switched into "I'm going to ruin the past four years of work in the span of a few months" mode. Oh well. At least no one cares enough to notice, and the ones that do don't care enough to see past the easy lies of "Oh, I forgot" and "I haven't gotten a chance yet". If they did I might end up in another series of counselors and therapists. I'm not even sure whether it's sad or impressive that I keep track of the years based on the number of therapists I've gone through anymore. Hey, at least I've sufficiently pushed away or alienated everyone enough that I can't bring them into my spiral, right? Heh. I'm especially sure a few select people are as far away as I can reasonably make them, as I actually like those people and don't think they should be pulled down with me. The rest of these fuckers? I just don't want to deal with them.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #104792 on: May 09, 2016, 11:57:50 pm »

I don't think I have enough time to study for all my finals as well as I'd like to. Physically impossible to study absolutely everything as minutely and in as much detail as my perfectionist idealism wants, while also taking time to go to class and get enough sleep when there's two or three days left.

And I have no one to blame but myself because I didn't work harder when I had more time. Procrastination is a bitch. I'm a scrub who doesn't use time well enough. I am mediocre.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #104793 on: May 10, 2016, 12:42:29 am »

changed my profile picture (on facebook) and sort of instantly regretted it x.x

even my mom basically called it ugly

not that my previous profile picture was good or anything  (it had me on it)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #104794 on: May 10, 2016, 12:49:10 am »

even my mom basically called it ugly
Welp

I used to be one of those disgusting cretins whose profile picture was an anime girl, but then a bunch of people from church wanted to add me and I thought, y'know, maybe the lolis aren't a good idea.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #104795 on: May 10, 2016, 12:56:28 am »

Election ._.

Context: What's being said about the results on the government election here.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 01:00:52 am by Tiruin »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #104796 on: May 10, 2016, 01:07:38 am »

Election ._.

Context: What's being said about the results on the government election here.
More context?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #104797 on: May 10, 2016, 01:16:42 am »

From what I hear, the local version of Trump in Tiruin's neck of the woods  (That is, the Philippines) got elected. To give you an idea of his style of governing, his nickname's "The Punisher" and his plan is to do a major rewrite of the constitution.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104798 on: May 10, 2016, 01:59:59 am »

o_O? Oh. My post was more about the interpretations and the many goings-on about impressions and figurative impact.
From what I hear, the local version of Trump in Tiruin's neck of the woods  (That is, the Philippines) got elected. To give you an idea of his style of governing, his nickname's "The Punisher" and his plan is to do a major rewrite of the constitution.
Things like these D:
In all honesty, comparing him to Trump shows a superficial understanding of who he is without insight into his background and backstory (ie Trump sucks. Comparing anyone to him is like putting the lowest bar as the 2nd highest.) I'm sad because things are being overplayed--many voters of all backgrounds pledge to support the president no matter who they may be (and correct them, along with being vocal about their feedback, like for Duterte's...values and how he speaks--he'll get critical feedback about that), and many voters are more aware of the background on why they vote him over the other candidates (we could've had MDS, and in pseudo-polling, she won by landslide victories in many areas nationwide...But then HER HEALTH :'( [hate lung cancer...]).

That's the sad thing poking me, about how many media sources make a joke about our presidential candidates at times without checking the context. >~< And not just about Duterte.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104799 on: May 10, 2016, 06:19:55 am »

*hugs*

@Spehss_:You'll do great, okay?

@miauw:I doubt you're that ugly.

@Tiruin:*patpatpat*
Don't worry, the American news media have a really short attention - shiny!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #104800 on: May 10, 2016, 09:54:38 am »

i was going to post about duterte, but then i saw he was already posted about
let us suffer together, tiruin
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104801 on: May 10, 2016, 10:18:03 am »

i was going to post about duterte, but then i saw he was already posted about
let us suffer together, tiruin
He isn't really as bad as the news makes him out to be (the common news as of now misses the context). What makes this relevant (and me posting about it in the sad thread rather than in political threads) are how IMPACTFUL negative behavior becomes. All my friends who've sided with MDS and are now supportive of Duterte say that--given their vocal and critical nature--they'd be focusing on feedback giving as a theme, and in general this is a GOOD thing. Looking back at the background of Duterte, he's...rationally open, which means that whatever negativity we see in him, we can remark on it in a way that doesn't aggravate (unlike many other IRON FISTED-REPUTATION DICTATORS and their immaturity to not take self-improvement and stuff).

I'm not going to suffer under him--my initial expectations would, sure--because the context of the Philippine people under a rule in this context DESPITE many voters being swayed due to heavy pressure of being tired of corruption and other issues brings a bright note. Many people HAVE voted for him compared to the competition because out of all of them, he's the most sincere (though the more emotionally appealing given some 'popular' statements he's given, also swearing).

What makes this relevant to the sad thread...is that the people should also grow with their leaders instead of being isolated from them. How many times have I seen people be very superficial (because it's not a cultural thing, it's not a 'country-specific' thing, it's an innate development on one's maturity, awareness, and experience). You can have a good government with a not-so-good president, and vice versa with the positions swapped, but this is all coming from the people, and I look forward to the growth of a nation.

Just makes me sad that he's being compared to Trump >_> I mean, I didn't feel good about him at first, but people DID look into the context of what many things he said (ie That 'rape' comment...was him rather recalling what he said DURING the event a few decades back, which wasn't contextually even referring to rape :/ But the impact of the media...)
Makes me sad to see how impressions last further than logic in understanding these impressions.
I still don't like Trump's values in how he faces governance as a leader. Bleh me.

But it also makes me sad on how IMPACTFUL one's PERSONAL HEALTH can be. We've had one candidate...who wasn't voted for, but someone we deserve, because of how her experience and maturity is. How her background in passing many bills and otherwise is. But she had lung cancer, and clinical experience notes ~5 years...which usually means that if she won, she may most likely not finish her term :/ And this is her third time to run.

So yeah. Safeguard your personal health. It'll affect everything no matter your competence in life.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 10:27:29 am by Tiruin »

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #104802 on: May 10, 2016, 10:31:01 am »

well, shit
i guess my political knowledge is quite lacking
oh well
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #104803 on: May 10, 2016, 10:32:08 am »

FUCK, MOSQUITOES ARE ATTACKING ME

SUMMER RAIN WHY HAVE YOU BETRAYED ME BY SPAWNING SUCH DEVILS? I HAVE A LACK OF TUMOR FISH TO FIX THIS, AND I HAVEN'T EVEN FOUND THEIR BROODWATER!

Now I fear I am left with the choice, to turn my home into an oven and see if such heat either kills the moths or once more multiplies their flock into a world-harvesting swarm, or leave windows open for the gates of purgatory to inflict such irritancy upon my soul. I wept tears of joy to find a house spider in my home, I saw their webs but never them - they are back. Please multiply my spiderlings, please, please I pray you arachnid friends!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104804 on: May 10, 2016, 11:42:05 am »

Apparently I missed the Devolver Digital sale on Steam. :'(
They're pretty much my favourite provider of games these days... so much goodness to be had in that catalogue.
I know I saw the sale while it was on, I'm not sure if I couldn't buy anything due to my lack of funds at the time, or if I just forgot about it same as everything else that was ever good in the world a lot of stuff. Kinda worried it was probably the latter.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 6985 6986 [6987] 6988 6989 ... 8167