Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6984 6985 [6986] 6987 6988 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9448154 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #104775 on: May 08, 2016, 11:59:37 am »

Indeed, let's get the hugtrain rolling.

*CHOO CHOO*

My sads are god damn procastrination again, seems that I'm only productive if I'm feeling like shit. If I'm even remotely happy I'll just waste away the hours on random shit :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104776 on: May 08, 2016, 12:05:01 pm »

i kinda wanna jump out of my window rn tbh
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #104777 on: May 08, 2016, 01:52:37 pm »

Depending on how high your window is, that could be either a futile idea to a really bad idea. Let's say you're life is shit, so you jump out the window and find your window was only high enough so that you only broke your legs in the fall. So you're still alive but with broken legs to boot. See, terrible idea.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104778 on: May 08, 2016, 02:05:06 pm »

I live in a one-story, so all I'd get is a face full of bushes. But my statement was more about the idea behind it i.e. dying
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #104779 on: May 08, 2016, 02:31:20 pm »

I live in a one-story, so all I'd get is a face full of bushes. But my statement was more about the idea behind it i.e. dying
Yeah. Been there, thought about that. Would not recommend thinking about it too much. It's pretty depressing.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104780 on: May 08, 2016, 02:54:13 pm »

Depending on how high your window is, that could be either a futile idea to a really bad idea. Let's say you're life is shit, so you jump out the window and find your window was only high enough so that you only broke your legs in the fall. So you're still alive but with broken legs to boot. See, terrible idea.

It can be worse - breaking spine and loosing ability to move, so only thing you can do is to be in bed as living corpse.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104781 on: May 08, 2016, 02:56:54 pm »

*hugs*

Please don't.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104782 on: May 08, 2016, 03:48:36 pm »

*hugs*

Please don't.

I'm fine-ish right now, just tend to fall into periods of amplified self-loathing. Really shouldn't be on social media during those.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104783 on: May 08, 2016, 04:04:38 pm »

Still.

*hugs anyway*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104784 on: May 08, 2016, 04:39:55 pm »

apparently going by nick (with a k) is "oddly masculine" for me but i mean what does it matter it's not m,y *real* name anyway

-dry laugh-
Are you, um, trying for that?  But seriously, it's the name you want to be called, yeah?  So whoever's making a fuss should really just be dealing with it.  (That is, if they are in fact making a fuss.  It might have been just a comment.  But nevertheless.)
It just sucks that my best barely measure up to another's casual.
Who's measuring, exactly?  I know you keep on underestimating yourself.  Also, fornal dress is a complicated beast.
Storm knocked out the power lines in hundreds of places around the area, so sporadic power for a couple days is in the forcast.
That sucks...
Best of luck, and stay safe.
I uh, couldn't find a better word for it, but I meant as in people don't have to try as hard to beat me at, y'know, everything. Maybe I'm just a competitive person who has way too many interests to commit.
Everyone has their own talents! Maybe your talent is something non competitive.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #104785 on: May 09, 2016, 01:43:58 am »

It just sucks that my best barely measure up to another's casual.
Your casual beats my best, so there. Point is, just because someone is better than you, your work isn't worthless. And unless you practice at your best you'll never be able to be equal to them.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #104786 on: May 09, 2016, 01:02:57 pm »

changed my profile picture (on facebook) and sort of instantly regretted it x.x

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #104787 on: May 09, 2016, 06:37:21 pm »

It has been exactly six months. Half a year.
Good time for happy Facebook official relationships posts.
Hell, I have to admit I was kinda waiting for it.

Someone stab me.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #104788 on: May 09, 2016, 06:48:12 pm »

Fucking hell, i like this job i've gotten (basically advert/newspaper deliverer) less and less the more i think about it. Ideally i shouldn't be thinking about it, but eugh. Now, if i could reasonably avoid most awkward social contact, it'd be tolerable, but as i have mentioned before, one of my routes includes two nursing homes(?) for the elderly. I mean, the worst i've had to deal with so far is some old lady SCREAMING for help in an apartment next to the one i was delivering to (according to the personnel, she does that often, but it's still kind of distressing), but i've really not taken this rock bottom job for the sake of being social. It's not that i disrespect the elderly, far from it, it's just that many of the residents there are... Affected by their age, with some of them probably being afflicted by dementia (at least judging by one lady with tremor and more than one apartment reeking of piss). The fact that they keep their will to live despite the ravages of time is admirable, but i can't help feeling a bit sad for them. They were all as young as me once, and probably healthier too, but now? Well, stark reminder of how life ultimately goes. I really hope i won't ever have to experience someone dying in there.

But, thankfully, the old people mostly keep to themselves. I always try to be friendly and approachable, but the fact of the matter is that i'm very uncomfortable with unsolicted social contact, especially when i don't know how to handle it. Talking to people of similar age and mindset to myself is one thing (i'm starting to get the hang of that, at least), but confused old people? I have no idea. On top of that, due to my deep voice and fast speech, it's hard to make myself understandable to those who are hard of hearing.

I don't know, i might be reading too much into the whole thing; maybe the elderly are happy there? I sure hope so. Thankfully my second route has no such foibles, but i still look forward to quitting, because this is horribly underpaid anyways. >.>
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #104789 on: May 09, 2016, 07:18:18 pm »

I realized that if you use an amiibo of a DLC when you don't own the DLC, it imports the character, but it doesn't unlock the DLC.
I wanted to play as Lucas in SSB4 so badly...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Rubidium has RETURNED!
Pages: 1 ... 6984 6985 [6986] 6987 6988 ... 8167