Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6978 6979 [6980] 6981 6982 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9449637 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #104685 on: May 04, 2016, 05:56:18 am »

Just because it repeated itself doesn't make it any more likely to actually mean what you think it means.  Or are you talking about the fear and jealousy itself?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #104686 on: May 04, 2016, 06:02:10 am »

I think I hate myself now... knowing what I think about others...
Unless you think large numbers of people should be violently murdered or something, you're probably not that bad.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104687 on: May 04, 2016, 07:37:03 am »

Welp, among the 15 that participated in the original job interview, I was selected among the 4 who went to the second part of the interview a few days later. They said they were impressed with me, but I didn't get selected for the job. They said they'd keep my resume for future use, but bluh

It was a nice, well paying job, and rather close to home too, bluuuuh.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #104688 on: May 04, 2016, 01:55:21 pm »

Please no quoting:

Know the feeling. Was recently #2, beaten out by #1....

Just applied for a job saying "local candidates only." Evidently, they might mean "our small suburb with less than 10,000 people in it." I'm from very close to there, but depending upon how tight of a definition of "local" you want to use.... I'm not right across the street from them or anything.

Please no quoting.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #104689 on: May 04, 2016, 03:32:17 pm »

I wish I had a car so I could sleep in it while I was tired without having to trudge all the way home to my bed.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104690 on: May 04, 2016, 03:44:12 pm »

*airdrops GUNINANRUNIN a pillow*

That kinda sucks.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104691 on: May 04, 2016, 04:07:36 pm »

Find a nice large shrub and sleep under that?
Failing that, pass out on a bus stop bench. Or a bus/train. Or sitting at a table outside a freaking restaurant. All those options work in my experience. >.>
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104692 on: May 04, 2016, 04:08:56 pm »

Sleeping in cars in general uncomfortable, in my experience. It's better to just power through and get home.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #104693 on: May 04, 2016, 04:15:52 pm »

Find a nice large shrub and sleep under that?
Failing that, pass out on a bus stop bench. Or a bus/train. Or sitting at a table outside a freaking restaurant. All those options work in my experience. >.>
That's generally considered loitering.

Sleeping in cars in general uncomfortable, in my experience. It's better to just power through and get home.
I can make myself comfortable anywhere because I'm a mutant. As long as no one I don't know is watching me sleep.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #104694 on: May 04, 2016, 04:45:08 pm »

I can't even remember what it's like to have a purpose for doing things anymore. I just do stuff because it's easier to turn off my brain, and it hurts less that way. If I don't I can still feel the pain, and I've had enough pain. I just want to be done with the pain, and move on. It's been nearly 8 years. Why can't I move on? Why do I still hurt from his death?
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Sigtext

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #104696 on: May 04, 2016, 06:43:47 pm »

I'm... not entirely sure if this is the right place for it, but if any B12ers are up near fort mcmurray, alberta, I hope you're safe and not, ah. On fire. Apparently there's some pretty serious flames happening around there. Something like 90k people evacuated, areas of the city seeing 90+% loss of buildings, nasty business. Know we've got some canada folks, so... stay as safe as possible, if you're nearby.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104697 on: May 04, 2016, 07:01:44 pm »

I'm... not entirely sure if this is the right place for it, but if any B12ers are up near fort mcmurray, alberta, I hope you're safe and not, ah. On fire. Apparently there's some pretty serious flames happening around there. Something like 90k people evacuated, areas of the city seeing 90+% loss of buildings, nasty business. Know we've got some canada folks, so... stay as safe as possible, if you're nearby.
This.

Stay safe, all.
Sigtext

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #104698 on: May 04, 2016, 07:03:07 pm »

Finals week is approaching. I have reviews for calculus and physics to work on. And reading for history and computer science.

There's ~80 word problems to review for my physics final, in order to "cover everything" we've gone over this semester and be prepared for the cumulative test. The test is 15 problems. But it's cumulative. Many of the word problems are things already done in homework, so it's not really necessary to work them all out, I suppose. But it wouldn't hurt be thorough and fully prepared.

Woo. Finals.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104699 on: May 04, 2016, 07:05:15 pm »

@Spehss_: Good luck, and study well.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 6978 6979 [6980] 6981 6982 ... 8167