Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6977 6978 [6979] 6980 6981 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9450256 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #104670 on: May 03, 2016, 06:46:55 am »

Hopping around on the Wattpad forums, nobody wants to do the cover for one of my stories. These are the threads which are literally begging for people to ask them to make their covers. I'm || this close to having myself a go at pixlr myself.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104671 on: May 03, 2016, 08:59:04 am »

For some reason I've been reminded of all the RTDs and other games I've dropped out of (or that have just died on me) over the years. :(
I wish I had the inspiration and/or motivation to participate in such these days. I'm not sure what happened to it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #104672 on: May 03, 2016, 09:53:17 am »

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/05/03/medabots-maker-delta-arts-shut-studio/

Nooooo

Suddenly the existence of the Girls Mission games makes a lot more sense. I feel a little bad now. EDIT: though apparently those were made by a different studio
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 09:56:29 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #104673 on: May 03, 2016, 12:39:30 pm »

I did a bloody stupid purchase. Seeking a reimbursement. Dont know if I will be successful
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #104674 on: May 03, 2016, 12:56:42 pm »

SO, first day as Captain Junk Mail Distributor today. My route is set to take 1:14 hours. It took closer to 3:30. The order of the newspapers and ads was messy (so much so that i fucked up on the placement of some of them), two of the residences turned out to be nursing homes for the elderly, which means 30 mailboxes/apartments per home that i have to bring the junkmail to. And no, they're not clustered together in the entrance, i have to go inside and subject myself to possible contact with personnel and elderly people. But at least it's easy to just switch ones brain off and put the same thing into each mailbox, right? Nope. Some places get both ads and newspapers, some only get newspapers, and some don't get anything at all, so i have to check each and every one to avoid making mistakes. Further complicating matters is that people are terrible at keeping their "no junk mail pls" subscriptions (or whatever it is) up to date, so even though they have those stickers on the mailbox, i still have junkmail for them. Hell, there was even an empty apartment in there, i still had a full set of junkmail for it. >.>

The latter thing with the stickers was applicable for every single address, and the majority of them had narrow mail slots with some kind of wire basket inside, which made it a pain in the arse to mash all the junkmail inside. At one point, a guy even came running from behind and was like "EY DUDES we don't want junkmail??" (in a polite manner, thankfully), even though the residence was on the list. The only thing that went well is the fact that people were willing to unlock the door for the three apartment complexes with locked doors (and which also had those nice clustered mailboxes!), of which i am thankful.

Long story short, i am NOT paid enough for this route, and i intend to notify my manager of this. Yes, it takes longer as a newbie, and yes, it takes longer when the order is messed up, but it shouldn't be taking nearly three times as long. >:C
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #104675 on: May 04, 2016, 12:59:58 am »

why am i so ugly why am i so ugly WHY THE FUCK AM I SO UGLY why am i so ugly why am i so ugly WHY AM I SO FUCKING UGLY WHY THE FUCKING FUCK AM I SO FUCKING UGLY W H Y A M I S O U G L Y
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104676 on: May 04, 2016, 01:01:39 am »

You aren't. And I'm not just saying that. I've seen your face and I can tell you that you are definitely a pretty person.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #104677 on: May 04, 2016, 01:02:34 am »

Have you been posting fake photos in the photoshare thread?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #104678 on: May 04, 2016, 01:04:17 am »

It's just... I'm really annoyed with the slow pace of me losing weight and gaining feminizing.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #104679 on: May 04, 2016, 01:05:23 am »

These things take time.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #104680 on: May 04, 2016, 01:35:25 am »

The entire city of Fort Mcmurray was evacuated today due to a wildfire. It's a town with over 80,000 people, who all had to leave their homes? No known fatalities, but still...
It's currently burning.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #104681 on: May 04, 2016, 01:43:26 am »

My carpal tunnel is cramping up again. Hng.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #104682 on: May 04, 2016, 01:44:42 am »

Ya know, Mcmurray Fort is burning, babe
There ain't a thing in the world they can do
Ya know, Mcmurray Fort is burning people
There ain't a thing that white society can do
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104683 on: May 04, 2016, 04:55:41 am »

*hugpats Cinder*

You aren't ugly.  And I know you'll get where you're trying to go.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104684 on: May 04, 2016, 05:54:02 am »

Don't listen to your subconscious like that, it's probably not telling you the whole truth anyway.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 6977 6978 [6979] 6980 6981 ... 8167