Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6975 6976 [6977] 6978 6979 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9451777 times)

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #104640 on: May 02, 2016, 12:01:29 am »

1: It's an old habit, and it's almost instinctive at this point 2: that's what I try to tell myself, but I just can't convince myself of it when that's all I'm told
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #104641 on: May 02, 2016, 12:24:39 am »

Again, sounds like you need new "Friends".
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #104642 on: May 02, 2016, 03:28:21 am »

My mom has been making fun of my name and gender again recently, and I was throwing up due to stress and I didn't sleep for a week... Normally I go to my friend's house, but her mom is sick (dying?) and she took her daughter and went to visit. So I ended up having a bit of a meltdown and biting through the shelves near my bed.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #104643 on: May 02, 2016, 04:14:12 am »

My mom has been making fun of my name and gender again recently
What the hell, who does that
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #104644 on: May 02, 2016, 04:17:06 am »

My mom has been making fun of my name and gender again recently, and I was throwing up due to stress and I didn't sleep for a week... Normally I go to my friend's house, but her mom is sick (dying?) and she took her daughter and went to visit. So I ended up having a bit of a meltdown and biting through the shelves near my bed.
Awww. That sucks. I haven't been made fun of, but I can see how that feels. *Summons TBF to apply hugs. Because that's their job.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104645 on: May 02, 2016, 04:28:05 am »

Awww. That sucks. I haven't been made fun of, but I can see how that feels. *Summons TBF to apply hugs. Because that's their job.
*applies hugs.  Lots of hugs.*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104646 on: May 02, 2016, 12:55:57 pm »

All my friends have been very busy this week, and I'm reminded of how alone I usually feel. :(
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #104647 on: May 02, 2016, 01:41:05 pm »

Got a part time job!

At a call center.

It's mostly ok I guess, very easy to drone out for several hours while repeating the same line (think I did about a 100 calls in my first 4 hours, got four people to come to the event). But I find it worrying and saddening just how easily I managed to fake a happy tone of voice every time, despite spending half the time terrified and the other wanting to just up and leave because holy shit the room is full of people and they're all noisy as fuck.

Makes me wonder if I can do it IRL too, to the point where nobody would guess that there's anything wrong, tho I've been kinda doing that for most of my life already, hum..
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #104648 on: May 02, 2016, 01:54:20 pm »

is it an erotic call center?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104649 on: May 02, 2016, 02:25:26 pm »

Is there something fucking wrong with me? Is my brain going to shit? I'm trying to watch my anime, and I'm constantly having to rewind because I'd read a subtitle of what the characters are saying, and then *immediately* forget it. I'll rewind to watch it again, but it's like I'm reading it but it's not getting processed in my brain, and I'll have to watch it again. I'm not sure if I'm just overthinking so hard that I'm confusing myself, or if my brain is finally starting to slip. It's making me panic over here.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104650 on: May 02, 2016, 02:28:39 pm »

Is there something fucking wrong with me? Is my brain going to shit? I'm trying to watch my anime, and I'm constantly having to rewind because I'd read a subtitle of what the characters are saying, and then *immediately* forget it. I'll rewind to watch it again, but it's like I'm reading it but it's not getting processed in my brain, and I'll have to watch it again. I'm not sure if I'm just overthinking so hard that I'm confusing myself, or if my brain is finally starting to slip. It's making me panic over here.

You're just not paying attention, and this is simply one of those situations where the difference between seeing and perceiving becomes clear. It can be unnerving if you're lucid enough to notice.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104651 on: May 02, 2016, 02:36:57 pm »

That's probably it. I'll tell myself that that's it. It's only in my adulthood that I've taken a fine appreciation of how badly humans need sleep, and how covert and sneaky the influence of exhaustion is, even if you're not sleepy. It irritates me that I have to maintain a sleep schedule based around my third shift job, so I actually woke up yesterday evening and I've been awake since. It's enough to make me feel detached from reality at times, and I question my sanity. I'll be going to bed soon.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #104652 on: May 02, 2016, 06:51:06 pm »

I was making buttons to help out a friend, and some random guy walked up to me, grabbed my shoulders, and said something like "It's good to see mentally handicapped people able to do some work in the community." And then he left the building.

I don't like being grabbed by strangers... And it's never okay to say something like that to someone?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 07:31:53 pm by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104653 on: May 02, 2016, 06:52:09 pm »

I would apply hugpats, but that would be awkward.  Nevertheless.  Crazy person, that guy.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #104654 on: May 02, 2016, 06:56:54 pm »

And it's never okay to say something like that to someone?
Okay, serious question time.

Are you surrounded by nothing but idiots and weirdos? I mean, I'd accuse you of making this stuff up, but there's just so much WTFery going on that I doubt you could make it up.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 6975 6976 [6977] 6978 6979 ... 8167